Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > History forum

What is the wackiest, zaniest, most irresponsible, or outlandish conspiracy theory YOU'VE ever come across concerning the Kennedy Assassination?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2012 9:22:14 AM PST
I know...I know...trying to single out the MOST ridiculous conspiracy theory is akin to singling out which Kardashian has the least talent, but it might be fun to hear some of the conspiracy theories we have come across in our research. Just to get the ball rolling let me list five of the wildest, most irresponsible, and outlandish conspiracy theories I have come across in my thirty-five years of studing and correspondence with conspiracy cultists.

1. John F. Kennedy's body was stolen from the casket, secretly whisked away to an unknown location, where a team of unknown, unnamed, unidentified conspiring doctors surgically altered Kennedy's head to give the appearance of rear entrance wounds and frontal exit wounds while at the same time replacing damaged bone, tissue and skin to make it appear that no shot blew out the back of the president's head. All of this was done to a DEAD body, yet a team of three highly trained forensic pathologists didn't recognize post-mortem wounds when compared to ante-mortem wounds. Hmmm.... Thank you David Lifton for years of entertainment with this one.

2. An assassin was located either behind the concrete retaining wall (Black Dog man in the Willis slide) or behind the stockade fence (Badge Man in the Moorman photograph)--it is unclear when reading various conspiracy books who they believe fired the fatal head shot--but it doesn't matter, there an equal amount of supporting evidence for either claim--none. Of course the only way anyone can see a gunman in the Moorman photograph is when Jack White takes a set of colored pens and colors in the outline, face, badge, muzzle flash, hairline, and eyes.) For any objective observer that looks at the original Moorman photograph all they see are shadows made up light and dark tones. The fact that Badge Man is only visible when they are drawn in using cartoon animation reveals a great deal about this particular claim. Thanks go out to Jack White and Gary Mack for this hoot-fest.

3. The claim that CE 399 was intentionally planted on a stretcher (some say by Jack Ruby) in Parkland Hospital following the assassination in an attempt to frame Oswald for a murder he didn't commit. Of course the number of coincidences that had to fall into place for this theory to have ANY veracity is mind-boggling--let alone the logical implausibility of such a scheme. To illustrate...
a. At the time of the alleged planting, the conspirators would have to know that the REAL bullet (or bullets) would be recovered--either from the limousine or from Kennedy or Connally's body, at which time the bullets would subsequently be examined and found to have NOT been fired from Oswald's rifle--thus exposing the planted bullet as being fake.

unless of course...

b. The conspirators actually fired Oswald's rifle to commit the crimes, in which case, what was the purpose of planting a bogus bullet if the REAL bullets would have matched Oswald's Mannlicher-Carcano to begin with?

of course...

c. Some conspiracy cultists claim that the doctors were IN on the conspiracy to murder Kennedy and they disposed of the REAL bullets when located. But of course this claim falls apart when one remembers that many doctors claimed to see a back of head exit wound and Malcolm Perry initially said that the throat wound was one of entrance. Wouldn't such public announcement go AGAINST the plot they were allegedly a part of and after such announcements wouldn't the invisible conspiracy hit squad that so many cultists believes exist have to then murder these doctors for revealing the conspiracy truth? But of course no doctors that worked on Kennedy ever died under mysterious conditions.

Therefore no matter how you slice it the planted-bullet is entirely implausible, illogical, and downright simple-minded.

4. The theory that there were TWO individuals involved in the assassination conspiracy--one named Lee Harvey and the other named Lee Oswald (I think.) The amount of mental gymnastics required to follow John Armstrong's fictional labrinth of multiple Oswalds qualifies one for the Olympic gymnastics team. But if the simplest plots and the simplest plans generally are the most successful then this one has NO chance of being accurate. So many of the claims in Armstrong's book are based on hearsay, twenty-five year-old recollections, and misquoted or ignored evidence that it really doean't warrant a serious rebuttal and generally only the nuttiest of the nutty embrace his allegations. Needless to say, Armstrong's work did not even make a whimper among real historians and recognized scholars--most have never even heard or him or his theory.

5. That Lee Oswald is still alive and well today. Conspiracy cultist John Judge claims to have met "Lee Harvey Oswald" in Iowa several years ago. He seems to have been the only American in the past 49 years to ever run into the real Oswald however--needless to say---sane investigators ignore Judge's allegations.

6. That the James Altgens photograph showing Kennedy moments after the second bullet struck him and Governor Connally and which also shows Billy Lovelady looking out the doorway of the TSBD (known as Altgens5) was somehow stolen and altered to hide the identity of Lee Oswald (who this theory claims was standing in the doorway all along.) It does not need to be pointed out that no serious researcher believes this 49 year-old allegation. Besides the fact that Oswald NEVER once said it was him in the doorway and the fact that Billy Lovelady (and several coworkers) DID identify the man as Lovelady, there was simply no time to carry out the intricate (and comical) photographic claims of the proponents of this wacky theory. Of course NO photographic experts have jumped on board with this theory. The Rogues Gallery of supporters for this crackpot claim include: a chiropractor, a retired philosophy teacher, a former history professor, a heart surgeon and healthfood guru, a former Bank of America computer systems analysist, fromer balistics expert in the Navy, a firearms and karate instructor, and the author of a pro-conspiracy book accusing Lyndon Johnson of complicity in the assassination. Not one photographic expert--yet the heart of this theory IS photographic alteration. It would seem to rational researchers that if the allegations of photographic alterations were legitimate then recognized, trained, photographic experts would be able to verify the charges. Apparently this theory has had a VERY hard time mustering support from those that actually know what they are talking about.

So what about YOU? What is the nuttiest theory you've ever come across? I know there are many more (Ruby and Oswald were gay lovers, Oswald was Ruby's illegitimate son, Kennedy is still alive in Parkland Hospital and is visited regularly by friends and well wishers...)

Share your favorite and lets have a chuckle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:49:35 AM PST
Jeff Marzano says:
You are Anderson.

Jeff Marzano

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:24:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 10:25:14 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
I was in high school when JFK was assassinated and I recall hearing one rumor that he'd survived the attempt and was in a vegetative state being nursed by Jackie. Later, Aristotle Onassis entered the rumor and became the owner of the isolated island upon which JFK was being nursed along slowly.

A variation of this rumor included the idea that the Jackie's marriage to Onassis was camouflage to keep anybody from suspecting that JFK was still alive. I don't remember hearing any sources for this and never took it seriously enough to track it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:26:25 AM PST
Whoever predicted 30 minutes before one of the cultists would respond with an idiotic post wins the pot--contact me to get your $500.00 reward. It only took Marzano twenty-seven minutes to remove his tin-foil hat, find a computer, and compose this scholarly response.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:32:57 AM PST
Jackie did it in revenge for his affair with marilyn.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:39:41 AM PST
Lister and his crew did, it. But that messed up the time line. So they fixed it, by getting Kennedy, himself, to be the second shooter from the grassy knoll. Gosh, don't you guys watch Red Dwarf?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:42:12 AM PST
Debunker says:
How about the one that has William Greer, the Secret Service driver of Kennedy's limo, turning and shooting him with a hand gun?

Plus there's one that claims that the fatal head shot was accidently fired by an SS agent in the follow up car as he was reacting the first two shots fired by LHO ("Mortal Error: The shot that killed JFK" by Howard Donahue.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:00:45 AM PST
B. A. Dilger says:
The assassination was conspired by Texas oilmen because Kennedy's were going to put regulations they ( the oilmen) didn't like. Look at who became his replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:31:29 PM PST
if you read the facts
some of them are even stranger

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:32:34 PM PST
lbj had killed someone to win being a senator when the race was showing him losing at the time

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 8:05:55 AM PST
Horse, it appears you totally missed the point of this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:37:33 AM PST
Debunker says:
Hopefully you're not surprised by that.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:40:46 AM PST
(®_0) says:
Nixon was behind it all.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:14:59 PM PST
Mickey Ryan says:
To me its the whole Mafia hit theory. There's so many rats and snitches who sing about eachother's crimes to any Fed with an eardrum, yet they stay silent about JFK hit? Um no.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:59:39 PM PST
I imagine there will always be wild claims and theories surrounding the Kennedy assasination. Ice bullets, umbrella darts, Jackie shooting Jack with a minature gun in her glove... these are definately irresponsible. I believe the majority of the unusual conclusions concerning the death of President Kennedy are myths: unrealistic and incorrect statements kept alive by those who would prefer fabrications that promote sensationalism as opposed to the quiet reality of fact. Myths continue to rear their head, summoning the naive to join forces in a "truth is stranger than fiction" campaign.

Although imaginative and sometimes thought provoking, these theories occasionally rely upon the suspension of common sense. They also divert focus. While these intriguing, but unverifiable suppositions gather attention, they detract from the quality of information essential to explain this mysterious homicide. Myths are superficial, have no investigative depth and ask the reader to take a leap of faith that having supporting scientific evidence does not require.

There is no place for biased and unverified information in the narration of our country. Hope for a factual record requires all assertions be periodically reanalyzed to assure the perception of truth has not been scientifically proven obsolete. The insidious deceptiveness of prevailing myths concerning the Kennedy assassination must cease. Thanks for bringing to light the problem of these outlandish claims, and for fising a unique way to say... we need to focus on what is factual.
Sherry
Enemy of the Truth, Myths, Forensics, and the Kennedy Assassination

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:59:22 PM PST
I have never heard of your book, Sherry, but when I read the summary I bought a copy sight unseen. Looks like a good one; I'm interested in what you have to say.

SV Anderson

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 4:28:09 PM PST
Thank you so much. I hope you will find it interesting and informative.

John F. Kennedy said, "The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic."

I have the feeling you and I are on the same page as our deceased President.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 4:31:16 PM PST
Once I receive it and have it read I might get in touch with you and have you autograph my copy if you would be so kind. I will contact you at a later date.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:44:03 PM PST
aLocher says:
SVA: Sherry has some websites (more than one) on this book. Take a look:

http://enemyofthetruth.wordpress.com/

http://sherryfiester.com/myths/

http://sherryfiester.com/blurbs/

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:28:58 AM PST
B. A. Dilger says:
Paid for by the Citizen's Selection Process, Sector R.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 4:40:11 AM PST
Debunker says:
Hi SV,

Just as an FYI, she posted this on another thread:

"So I have to admit, you have it absolutely correct when you say the Zapruder film is unaltered. But to hold fast to that premise, you have to accept that there was a front shot. Forensically, there are other points that prove a front shot: The forward and then rear movement of the head proves a single front shot to the head. Medical evidence also supports a front shot through fracture sequencing, beveling, and the distribution of bullet fragments. I encourage you to research the points I have mentioned".

Apparently she's a believer in multiple gunmen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:25:27 AM PST
Yeah...I got that impression the more I read about her. I still bought her book to see what she has to offer in the way of forensic analysis but right out of the gate I diesagree with her belief in a frontal gunman. I will write a formal review of her book after I give it a fair read but i can predict that she will ignore the total lack of eyewitnesses to spot a gunman behind the stockade fence, the HSCA forensic evidence of only one entrance wound (above and behind), and the lack of debris to the left-rear of Kennedy.

But I will be curious to see how she skirts around these insurmountable issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:55:25 AM PST
Debunker says:
Ok. Looking forward to your comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 9:06:52 AM PST
SV,
Thank you for reading the book before making a determination of what it, and I am about. I can understand why you may believe in a single gunman, and completely respect every your right to form and defend that opinion. After reading the book, no matter what you determine as factual, your right to that opinion is something I can accept and will staunchly defend - even if you are in opposition with my beliefs. Because, as long as as we stand on an equal playing ground as to information, I respect and support an individual's right to interpret the information and reach their own conclusions. I look forward to your feedback concerning the book. If you would like to email privately should more information be needed for clarification, please let me know. My best, Sherry

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 4:05:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2013 4:09:22 AM PST
Spinoza says:
The Kennedy clan are Greys, and the Reptiloids have engaged in a decades-long conspiracy to discredit, prevent them from obtaining, or remove them from office, through any means, fair or foul.

The Reptiloids have been engaged in a centuries-old conspiracy of domination of humanity. The Kennedy assassinations are a part of this ongoing conspiracy.

Wacky enough?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the History forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  History forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions