Initial post: Nov 1, 2012 12:45:38 PM PDT
Big Hank says:
Can the bulb be used with a dimmer??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 2:45:12 AM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Which bulb?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 4:03:32 PM PST
Big Hank says:
No special brand, whatever one I can find out that has a candelabra base and will fit in my dinning room fixture. First, I'm limited on finding bulbs with the correct base, then comes the height, enough to fit in the socket and clear the hanger above.. The technology is too new and hasn't caught up to meet the varied demands of the market. Dimmers are here to stay until some other way to reduce lighting demand comes along.

Posted on May 13, 2014 2:47:18 AM PDT
Big Hank, can you rephrase your question so that it contains some substance? I am assuming that you are asking if you can find a bulb with a candelabra base that's small in size....

First, what kind of bulb do you want? Incandescents are being phased out. CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) in the size and with the base you are looking for are made. LEDs are also being made that should fit. The next question, is that particular bulb made to be "dimmable"? And if it is, you need a special dimmer for CFLs or LEDs.

It's really not that hard. But you have to do some homework and better explain what you want or need help with.

You should take an old bulb with you and go to a lighting store or Big Box store and ask for some help and look around. The "color" in degrees Kelvin will be your next concern: soft, bright, white, or daylight.

Ask your question using more definite terms, and then you might be able to answer it yourself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Home Improvement forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  May 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions