Customer Discussions > Home Theater forum

Laserdiscs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2010 7:21:41 PM PST
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who still plays or knows of anyone who still plays laserdiscs. I have a collection of them, about 100 or so and 3 laserdisc players. I would love to be able to sell them off someday. If anyone is interested please send me a message. Thanx.

Posted on Jan 21, 2010 7:59:26 PM PST
I have also been trying to sell many laserdiscs, but I will tell you- there is very low demand out there.

Posted on Oct 17, 2010 10:23:50 AM PDT
kevin says:
I buy them occasionally on ebay more like to fill a void like a part 3 of a movie I missed .
I would think there is some companys that specialize in sales of laserdiscs , there has got to be some collectors or maybe traders out there '
I to have a few nice players and 50 or so discs .

Posted on Oct 17, 2010 11:52:12 AM PDT
I have about 100 or so myself, and a perfectly functional Pioneer player. I was told once that they may become a niche collector's item some time down road, so I decided to hang onto them. And they hold a special place in my heart. Cinematic nostalgia... I know.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 1:49:59 PM PDT
kevin says:
I am the same way !
Even though I have 500+ dvd's I still open up my Laserdiscs and am amayzed by the huge cover and all the information printed on them !
A friend has a original pioneer laserdisc that one has a plastic cartridge you put the SINGLE disc in and set in the player !
I have 2 players one is a kereyokee (wrong spelling) and the other is a pioneer ES that plays both sides w/out so you dont have to flip the disc .

Posted on Oct 17, 2010 8:07:39 PM PDT
I've got a Sony Laserdisc player that plays one side at a time, and about 100 discs. Awaiting my HDTV Plasma to be delivered, will I be able to watch them on it ? Unfortumately there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 8:30:09 PM PDT
Raymond Lee says:
Yes, no problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2010 8:36:11 PM PDT
Thanks, I've got alot of old movies I still like to watch occasionally. I'm glad that I'll still be able to watch them.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 2:48:44 PM PDT
Eric Spudic says:
I've had tremendous luck selling them on Ebay, but can't seem to move them on Amazon at all. Watching this gem right now:

Naked City LaserDisc

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 4:52:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2011 4:53:52 PM PDT
Having spent so much on the machine (Pioneer CLD-D702) and
discs (about 200 titles), I wouldn't part with my LD stuff until
I've gotten my money's worth out of it (not likely to happen).

I'm always on the lookout for LDs with content that hasn't been
issued on DVD, or if it is on DVD, costs more than it's worth.

Why spend $30 for something worth $5 when you can buy it for $1?

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 4:53:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 25, 2011 4:53:38 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 10:08:18 AM PDT
reel_freak says:
I just removed my Laserdisc player and VCR from my audio rack this past week. I sold about 30 of my discs two years ago for a buck a piece. I plan on putting the player and remaining discs on Craigslist in the next few days; I will get what I can for them.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 7:51:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2012 7:52:15 AM PST
E. Siegel says:
I have laser disc players that flip themselves, highquality and a collection of laser discs in the tens of thousands, some unopened, some special editions..most never played and all in jackets
and superlative condition. Am moving and need to divest. Any ideas as to best approach? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 9:54:55 PM PDT
Paul E. Wogg says:
sCOTT,

HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING? LASER-DISCS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! OK SO THEY ARE LARGE AND OUTDATED, THEY ARE STILL AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Childs
paulchilds112065@yahoo.com

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:39:51 AM PDT
kevin says:
A bubby has an original pioneer (1970's) that has the plastic case that you insert the dvd and then insert that unit , I have 2 nice pioneers one plays both sides whats nice is it has a jog shuttle that is a million times better than any dvd I ever used , I think I am going to hook up that old machine and watch some classics .

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 9:43:39 AM PDT
Three words. Han Shot first. On Laserdisc, you get to have that forever

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 11:19:39 AM PDT
how much are you asking for the bundle, and what kind of laserdisc players are they?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 11:31:41 AM PDT
How much are you asking for the bundle?

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 1:57:56 PM PDT
I've got a sony MDP-455 in good shape with manual, remote, and 49 moveis that I would sell for $125 + shipping

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 10:54:51 PM PDT
I still have my Pioneer CLD-3070. I've kept only about 30 or so music related titles and a small number of movies. I used to have more movies but I simply trashed them before moving about 10 years ago. They were all titles I also had on DVD. Some of the titles were really dreadful transfers to laserdisc so I had no qualms over dumping them. About a year ago, I saw an online ad from someone wanting to buy laserdiscs, so I sold him a few at almost giveaway prices.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 8:10:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 8:27:10 AM PST
Lois Sibley says:
I have one night stand - a keyboard event on laserdisc can this be transferd to dvd

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 8:20:56 AM PST
Lois Sibley says:
How and who transfered them

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 1:47:46 AM PST
KBIC says:
sure you could but it would require some equipment and it would still be in SD.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:52:45 PM PST
Jason Marin says:
how much do you want the player and the discs?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:27:05 PM PST
Tyler Durden says:
I also have quite a few laserdiscs for sale for those interested.
thecriticshow at gmail dot com for a list and prices.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Home Theater forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Home Theater forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions