Customer Discussions > Horror forum

Halloween is Almost Here!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 207 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2012 10:20:24 AM PDT
depechejunky says:
Hey Guys,

Halloween time is almost here and I know we are all getting excited! So...what horror movies are you planning on watching to celebrate the season? What events are you planning on attending? What other special things do you do to celebrate the season??

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 10:35:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 10:36:13 AM PDT
We usually have a halloween party at home with a couple friends. Some nice costumes, a few drinks, a few games and sometimes a movie...for those who stay very late.

Demons from Lamberto Bava (1985) and ANGUISH are movies people like a lot! Every year some friends wants to re-watch them. But i think i'll go with something different this year, im still thinking about which movie our friends would enjoy. For me, thats the best time of the year, the only time when we can all enjoy a good horror flick together! Magic moments! :)

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 11:13:49 AM PDT
Happy Halloween-time! Dontcha love it!?! :D

Tradition dictates that I must watch the classics... Carpenter's "Halloween", and the anthology "Trick 'r Treat", stuff like that. And you can't go wrong with fun stuff like "Creepshow", or classics such as "The Haunting", "Bride of Frankenstein", and "The Old Dark House".

Going to decorate the driveway and garden. Grave stones, pumpkins, a grim reaper.
I used to know a guy who would create a cool, spooky scenario on his porch, and on Halloween evening he would sit very still in a scarecrow costume on the bench until someone came to the door, then he'd lunge at them. lol...

Can't forget to enjoy seasonal treats like apples and candy and cider.

Not doing parties, but will definitely enjoy the season. Even now it looks Hallweenish outside with the falling leaves and wind/rain.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 11:30:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 11:47:56 AM PDT
Thats cool! Happy Halloween time to you Baron ! :) Does the Trick r Treat anthology has anything to do with the movie Trick r Treat from 2007 ? or is it something completely different...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 12:49:25 PM PDT
depechejunky says:
I am going to kick off the Halloween season by watching "The Cabin in the Woods" tonight, which was released on Bluray today. Also on the movie watching list for the season is the "Halloween" anthology as well (my husband has never seen them!), "House of the Devil", "Waxwork", and the new "Resident Evil". As always we will go to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins, we will go to Universal Studio's Halloween Horror Nights and I will decorate and make up lots of goodies :)

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 12:56:57 PM PDT
That sounds nice! "House of the devil" was good to. I would also recommend Dario Argento's OPERA and/or STAGE FRIGHT by Michele Soavi....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 1:29:21 PM PDT
Doum666,

It is the same one from 2007. Really fun, really nicely done.

I wish they'd do more anthology horror movies ... when I need a good fix there are quite a few British ones from the 1960's and 1970's but otherwise the pickings are slim (and often below mediocre).

The little character of Sam from "Trick r' Treat" would be an awesome costume for a toddler. But having a burlap sack over the head would be dangerous, hee hee.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 1:36:56 PM PDT
And I can't forget my nostalgic 'kid stuff' for this time of year; I still dig these shows/flicks (even in my forties, lol):

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown ("I got a rock")
Mad Monster Party
Disney's Ichabod & The Headless Horseman

and more recent animated gems:

Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
The Corpse Bride
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Coraline
Monster House

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 1:50:28 PM PDT
Ok then yes, that was the one i was thinking about. I really enjoyed Trick r Treat to! A real halloween classic ! I remember Monster House to, the kids loved this one. I have to look up Mad Monster Party, dont think i've seen this one yet...

For this year we found basic clown costumes for the kids, but we also found some creepy clown masks from a different store. So now our kids will look like Pennywise in "IT"!..lol...Really cool costumes,this should be fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 5:14:08 PM PDT
"Mad Monster Party" is like those 1960's Christmas TV shows (Rudolph, etc) with the stop-motion puppets, except it's a full length movie musical comedy. And it features Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Mummy. Oh, and a really busty redhead named Francesca.

http://www.lionsgatepublicity.com/epk/madmonsterparty/images/03_72dpi.jpg

It features the voices of Boris Karloff and Phyllis Diller.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 10:58:44 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Dah dah dah dah-dah. It's the Mummy!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:57:37 PM PDT
He unravels so easily, poor dude.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltktab00lG1qa5uxdo1_500.png

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 6:25:44 PM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
It also features either the voice Peter Lorre or a sound-alike.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:08:14 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
Any rarities TCM might come up with.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 5:23:04 AM PDT
*snort*

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 11:54:14 AM PDT
Derdnik says:
My big event this season is taking the littles to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World. I have my apartment 90% decorated and am going through a gallon of cider a week from our local orchard. I tend to have themed marathons for my movie viewing habit. A different theme each week, demons, slasher, haunting, werewolf, etc. If anyone is interested I will post a set list for each theme as I figure them out. Halloween night consists of "Its the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and the "Hilloween" episode of King of the Hill for the kids, followed by Trick or Treating. Once home we start with "Night of the living dead" followed by "Halloween" then "Trick R Treat" and finally, my wifes favorite "Children of the Corn". This time of year is better than Christmas, to me.

Happy Halloween All!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 12:06:21 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
That's cool. Because my big event is to dress up as a psychopathic clown, go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and scare the hell out of your little ones. So I guess we all get what we want out of the season. Win, win.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 12:15:11 PM PDT
Derdnik says:
Not exactly sure how to take that post....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 1:20:22 PM PDT
A very good Peter Lorre sound-alike, Allan Swift ... the guy did ALL the male characters besides Karloff. Impressive.

The cast:

Boris Karloff as Baron Boris von Frankenstein

Allan Swift as Yetch, Count Dracula, Felix Flankin, Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Chef Mafia Machiavelli, Mr. Kronkite (Drug Store Manager)

Gale Garnett as Francesca (Ethel Ennis was her singing voice)

Phyllis Diller as the Monster's Mate

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 1:21:37 PM PDT
That all sounds terrific, Derdnik. Enjoy the season.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 2:07:16 PM PDT
I would like to see which movies you would put under the "demons" theme. I dont have a lot of those and im sure theres a few movies that you know that i've never heard of, That could be interesting.....Like you said this time of the year is even better than christmas!

If anyone wants to post a few recommendations that would be nice. Im ready to take notes. I think i've pretty much covered the "Living dead" theme but i would be open for "Demons" and "Hauntings" movies....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 2:15:48 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
I must admit that I am terrified by THE RING and RINGU. (THE RING 2 was stupid.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 2:34:34 PM PDT
A classic! that was good! still need to get my hands on ringu...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 5:20:26 PM PDT
Demons theme .... "Insidious" might fall into that category; it was decent. A few creepy moments. Worth renting, i.m.h.o.
The story involves a couple whose son inexplicably enters a comatose state and becomes a potential vessel for ghosts/demons in an astral dimension.

Movies about hauntings that I'd recommend strongly:
"The Haunting" (1963 original b&w) is very effective in its chills without resorting to cheap jolts, letting the viewer's imagination do the job.
"The Innocents" is another b&w supernatural treat; excellent cinematography plus a sense of palpable dread.
"The Others" from 2001 really impressed me. And the climax is really something.
"The Changeling" from 1980 is a good, old fashioned ghost tale. Classy and engaging, with George C. Scott.
"The Ring" by Gore Verbinski has this sleuthing vibe to it, and really pulled me in with its style, great score, and one spooky little ghost girl.
"Burnt Offerings" (1976) has a good cast and style. Today's audience can probably see the twist coming miles away, but I still like it. Dig that creepy funeral chauffeur's sinister grin. Yikes.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:56:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 7:58:09 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
Have to recommend the Classic "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark" with Kim Darby, not the crap remake.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Remastered, Special Edition)

and Trilogy of Terror (Special Edition)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  207
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions