Customer Discussions > Horror forum

What have you watched recently?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 10:00:52 AM PDT
Hi, Becky...hmm...maybe more ppl are reading instead of watching? Idk, really. But I (after watching King of the Zombies) have been watching some of the new network shows on TV. I have not been impressed enough with any of those to share. However, The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (3-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray] (actually this is the wrong season) Season 3 started last night. I was pleased with that.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:04:23 AM PDT
Actually I forgot. I saw a good movie (maybe a mini-series) on American BBC yesterday late afternoon. It was Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Robert DeNiro played the monster. I liked it. I think I read somewhere this production was more true to the book. I haven't read the book, but I have it on kindle.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:46:43 AM PDT
Juzbyosef says:
Enjoyed watching Prometheus (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy) Saturday night. Could easily be renamed "BIRTH OF ALIEN". They somehow worked a little bit of everything that's iconic about the ALIEN franchise. It's not very gory. Not really that scary either. But all the characters are pretty good. LUV Charlize Theron in this! That woman can play anthing! I give the film 8/10 stars.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 11:18:03 AM PDT
MattT says:
I watched a bunch of movies, I just need to stop being lazy and post 'em.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 2:30:16 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
I've kept forgetting to post the address for Not Coming's annual 31 Days of Halloween list, now in its ninth year.

http://notcoming.com/features/ix/

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 2:32:35 PM PDT
MattT says:
Thanks for the link! Looks like they watch the same movies I do! Bill Rebane! Hello!

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 4:59:17 PM PDT
I've been using this October to get caught up on lots of horror films... so far I've picked well, nothing has been awful. Favorites so far have been 'The Inkeepers' and 'The Skeptic'... neither being all that scary, but interesting in their own way.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 4:09:42 AM PDT
Alina says:
Ep. 1. S. 3 of Walking Dead premiered in Australia tonight. Very satisfying opening. Everyone has turned into such badasses where killing zombies is routine. They've become smarter at dealing with threats, which is good to see. A couple of great surprises in the first episode.

Michigan, I liked Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. It is much truer to the book. I don't know why this movie is not more respected given the involvement of Kenneth Branaugh (as director and as Frankenstein) and Robert De Niro's role. I guess people don't like to see great actors in unexpected roles.

Juz, I saw Prometheus at the movies because I wanted the whole 3D experience. I thought it had flaws but was enjoyable enough. Then I rewatched Alien and Prometheus looked like such a lame movie in comparison. Ridley Scott is one of my most favourite directors (and he gives great commentary - every commentary that he and his late brother Tony Scott give on their movies is always absolutely fascinating) but I fear that Ridley has become too successful and no-one will turn around and tell him when he's getting too lame. He's lost the hunger to tell stories and struggle with budgets that young directors have. I have a friend who is a very successful lawyer and when I first met him through a mutual friend I asked him what he did and he said "I'm a bloated plutocrat". I laughed my head off. I'm afraid that Ridley's become a bloated plutocrat.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 5:13:25 AM PDT
The Walking Dead premiere was awesome! I can't wait for more. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 7:11:44 AM PDT
Alina says:
Yeah, I've got a friend that I'm really trying to get involved in Wallking Dead. He's put off by the zombie thing and I've told him - it's not about zombies, it's about so much more. I can't wait till Merle shows up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 8:30:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 8:31:02 AM PDT
Nick Jones says:
Oh, man; (SEMI-SPOILER)poor Herschel(/SEMI-SPOILER).

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:54:57 AM PDT
Wasn't it good, Nick?!

I haven't read the graphic novels, so I'm not sure who Merle is, Alina. But don't tell me!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 9:47:20 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Alina -- I have to disagree with you. I remember seeing Branagh's FRANKENSTEIN, and, although I wouldn't mind seeing it again, I thought it was pretty awful at the time. It was not really that true to the novel, but was more Branagh's vision. And he tried to be artistic with the "creation" in a way that made it absurd, as he became more and more undressed, and, when the creature comes alive, the two them are slipping around in what is -- I guess -- supposed to represent amniotic fluid. Comical.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 2:52:46 PM PDT
I enjoyed the Season opening of The Walking Dead. You mentioned in a previous post how they are all bad-arses now. So true. The little boy was responsible for point at the one stop where the "gang" was checking out the map. Yes, they have grown up a little bit more. Looking forward to the remainder of the season. I agree Alina, TWD is about so much more than zombies! (which is why I enjoy most zombie books...the survivors)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 3:02:37 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
There are zombies?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 3:12:33 PM PDT
Yes, KinksRock, there are zombies and a lot of zombies.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 5:10:00 PM PDT
Charlene, if you don't know who Merle is, then you need to re-watch Season 1. You will learn a lot by watching. If you are a Netflix member, the first season is free to watch on line. I think you could probably rent it or borrow from the library. Did you see Season 2 when Darrell was trying to climb up the embankment or whatever it was?? That is all I'll say unless you saw it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 6:26:30 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
Merle is played by Michael Rooker, star of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 6:28:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 6:28:29 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
Kinks, what about Judith's hanging? In real life, her head would have been ripped off.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:25:08 AM PDT
Alina says:
Charlene, I haven't read the graphic novels myself. Merle is Darrell's brother and was left to fend for himself in Season 1 if you remember. Apparently that's one difference between the tv show and the graphic novels - in the graphic novels Merle's character wasn't as developed but Michael Rooker had such charisma and popularity that they decided to bring him back. I listened to an interview with Michael Rooker and he really is a good ole boy (except for the racism). He even owns an outdoor shooting range and is a keen shooter and hunter. He says this role suits him down to the ground.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:27:40 AM PDT
Alina says:
Kinks, it's a long time since I saw it so I'll give it a rewatch and see what I think. I remember it being inordinately long.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 5:05:57 AM PDT
Well, now that the beans have been spilled...it will be interesting to see the dynamics between Darrell and Merle. Darrell has matured socially and philosophically. He is obviously good friends with the short hair lady (I'm so bad with names!). I can only imagine what Merle will think of her...I'm sure he will call her skinny, in a racist sort of way. I didn't care for the Merle character in Season 1, but knowing what happens after moving into the prison (from the Graphic Novels) then I think that Merle will fit right in. It will be interesting.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:53:30 AM PDT
MattT says:
One thing I've learned. Don't read this thread if you haven't watched The Walking Dead episode yet. It should have it's own thread.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 6:09:27 AM PDT
You know, MattT, TWD does have it own discussion. I think we just got a bit side tracked since this past Sunday was the premiere. Maybe we gave away some information, but not much! I think if someone read this thread prior to watching the show it would not ruin it for them. Hmm...does that even make sense...I don't know, got to stop working. I'll try to steer away from The Walking Dead

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 6:22:58 AM PDT
Alina says:
I think people have been careful to avoid spoilers in talking about Walking Dead. There's nothing we've discussed that isn't in the trailers promoting the show or known from previous episodes.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  2580
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2012
Latest post:  16 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions