Customer Discussions > Horror forum

What have you watched recently?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 7:00:15 AM PDT
MattT says:
Nah, don't stop talking about it, I don't want to ruin your guys fun. I'll just avoid those bits until I watch the ep. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 8:02:10 AM PDT
Oh, ok. I remember him, I just didn't remember his name.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 8:03:39 AM PDT
Ok, Matt. We will be careful. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 11:48:01 AM PDT
When are you going to watch it. It's On Demand on our cable. You could purchase it from amazon and watch, but that does start running into a big bucks after a while. I hope you get to see the new episode very soon. I think you will enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 11:49:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012 11:50:23 AM PDT
Italian girl says:
I know this is off target from this topic.. sorry.. But, I have been racking my brain for a while now trying to find the title of a crazy mid -to late 1970's movie. All I can remember is that there is a huge guy that has some other man's head attached to it. It was a horror movie they used to play on Saturday afternoon's back in the late 70's.. I was about 8 years old and this movie was so weird and disturbing back then to a child my age.. I have got to find out what movie this was.. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks ...by the way, I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead.. I liked the season premiere.. I think this season will be great from the looks of it..

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:51:37 AM PDT
It's not ringing any bells with me. Probably the Baron will know. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 11:53:50 AM PDT
Italian girl says:
thanks Charlene.. I am pretty certain Baron found my other movie search a few years ago.. Do you remember the British film "see no evil"?.. All I could remember about that one was the villains boots.. Somehow he found the title of the film for me based on that..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 12:21:05 PM PDT
We should call him the movie Wiz rather than the Baron. : )
I hope he recognizes it for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 1:53:32 PM PDT
Italian girl...was the movie made in the late1970s or did you watch it at that time. I did a Google search and found The Thing With Two Heads. I think I recall watching this movie once upon a time. I think it was made in the early 70s??

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:06:15 PM PDT
Italian girl says:
Yes, I watched it in the mid to late 70's. I checked your link.. This was it!!. not sure why I only remember the disabled farm hand and not Rosey Grier or Ray Milland but this had to be it... -this was such a strange movie.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:11:36 PM PDT
You are welcome! I am so happy I could help. Now could you send me a really good recipe for Marinara Sauce....lol...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:21:42 PM PDT
Italian girl says:
Of course, LOL>>
Fry some chopped garlic and onion in some olive oil until tender-dont use alot of oil.... Add your washed, peeled, chopped tomatoes (preferably from your own garden)-some washed basil leaves (also from your garden:)) -always keep heat at low to med... then take a small can of Contadina tomato paste that has been mixed with a can and a half of warm water until smooth.. Add that slowly to the onion, garlic, and tomato mixture once it begins to come to a low boil.. simmer at low boil for about 2 hours or so.. and you have good Italian sauce..we don't say "gravy" in the Midwest..

Buon Appetito!!
if you want true marinara.. dont add the contadina tomato paste just all the other ingredients and some salt and simmer for only about 45 minutes.. top your capellini or spaghetti..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 2:45:15 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
Now I am really hungry. Guess I am having Italian tonight.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 2:56:03 PM PDT
Boy, that sauce sounds good.

Nice job, MP!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:06:12 PM PDT
Italian girl says:
As my wonderful Mamma always says.. In calabrese dialect... "Mangia ca si no morri"..
Aka.. Eat, or you'll die:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 3:13:29 PM PDT
I like her already. : )

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:06:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012 5:07:44 PM PDT
It's 8 pm EST. Just turned on AMC and watching Horror of Dracula, 1958. This one has been "enhanced" from B & W to Color...we'll see. It also has added violence and blood...wonder if it will be better?? The color looks nice so far. Forgot to add a link: Horror of Dracula

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:30:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 6:59:07 AM PDT
"The Letter" is a 5 or 6 minute monologue written by and staring a much younger Stephen Fry. I honestly believe it is one of if not the funniest thing I have ever seen!! This was made when he, Hugh Laurie, Emma Thompson were in college at Cambridge...There was a small group of them called the Cambridge University Footlights Revue...this is a You Tube link, it's not very clear. The Revue is at the end of one of the "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" but I don't know which season it is. The early Dracula movies always reminds me of "The Letter" SEE POST BELOW

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 3:36:44 AM PDT
Alina says:
OK, I'm technically "watching" it. John Landis' book on "Monsters in the Movies" Monsters in the Movies. It's a very enjoyable waste of time just like many horror movies. Also it's given me some great suggestions of films to follow up on. I gave myself a $100 Amazon voucher for my birthday in September (I'm great that way) and that's one of the things I bought.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 6:11:30 AM PDT
Italian girl says:
I just saw the Season Premiere of American Horror Story-Asylum last night.. Very twisted, demented, and blasphemous even.. I felt like I needed a shower after it ended.. I don't know if I recommend it or not-it possibly goes over the line from macabre to just plain disgusting. I prefer Season One so far..

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:15:33 AM PDT
I tried to watch that show last season. I had no clue as to what was going on, so I watched it again the next week. But I still had no clue. I gave up.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:21:48 AM PDT
Italian girl says:
I never watched last season on TV. My husband bought me the DVD for Season I. So I was able to watch it episode by episode over a three or four week time span..However, sometimes it did not make sense to me either :)

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:58:42 AM PDT
Oops! Here is the link for Stephen Fry's "The Letter". Any one with a sense of humor will surely enjoy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdGwfMD8u8

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 7:03:11 AM PDT
Glad to hear this review. I will probably watch it with my daughter, if she wants to watch it. I'm not so sure I'll be able to if it is as twisted, etc as what I am reading. I just don't need that sort of garbage in my life...Suburgatory is my show for right now!! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 8:24:52 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
Fry is a genius.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  1298
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2012
Latest post:  5 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions