Customer Discussions > Horror forum

Great "indie" Horror Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 21, 2012 7:14:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 21, 2012 7:15:45 AM PDT
Here is one I recently read that I really enjoyed.
The Trinity Signs

Good versus evil always seems to keep my attention. I can easily see this as a movie. What others are you all reading? I'm looking for something similar in theme, but i like the "indie" price tag of below $3.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:30:52 AM PDT
Burden Kansas (Vampires of the Plains) but it's $3.99.
The follow up: Blood Tells True (Vampires of the Plains) but it's $4.99.
Origin by Jack Kilborn. $2.99
Suckers by Jack Kilborn $2.99
The Haunted by Michaelbrent Collings $2.99
The Loon by Michaelbrent Collings $2.99
Endurance (A Novel of Terror) by Jack Kilborn $2.99

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 5:25:07 PM PDT
Kerry says:
Who is Audrey Wickersham?

This one is really good so far. I have read about half of it, and I will let my daughter read it next. It is free to borrow if you're a Prime member, if not it's .99 cents. That's pretty much as cheap as it gets. It's nice to be able to buy books at such low prices, got to love digital!

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 10:31:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 22, 2012 12:17:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 11:51:20 PM PDT
THE FEEDING - SHORT STORIES WITHOUT HOPE (HORROR AND FICTION)
I found this one, just great!

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 7:32:03 AM PDT
Zombies Gone Wild! (an anthology) just launched on kindle (paperback to follow).

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 2:37:17 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
Scott Nicholson and Bradley Convissar.
Scott often has sales on his novels, and sometimes for free - See his Amazon page. You should also sign up for his newsletter at http://www.hauntedcomputer.com.

While Nicholson is a veteran writer, Convissar is fairly new on the scene. Most of his works are $2.99 or less - to give you a taste, Blink and Last Dance of a Black Widow are currently free. He has quite the wild imagination, and IMO the most original voice in horror since Joe Hill. Be advised that a number of the Pandora's Children tales are being sold as single or double stories, while Pandora's Children: The Complete Nightmares Book 1 and Pandora's Children: The Complete Nightmares Book 2 incorporates them all.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:12:15 AM PDT
RefugeStranded

I know this a bit cheeky, but I have two straight horror tales on sale for 99 cents each. Check them out, and let me know what you think.

Cheers
J

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:52:38 PM PST
Nancy B. says:
The first three are on Kindle for $2.99 as well as paperback - for whatever reason Vanilla Heart Publishing hasn't given Lucifer's Calling a Kindle release

The aforementioned

Endurance: A Novel of Terror by Jack Kilbourne (always recommended and deservedly so)

Lights Out by Ryan Callaway (some controversial aspects but it was riveting)

Yearly Harvest: A True Story of Christmas by Ryan Callaway (Tis the season almost - off topic I hate that Black Friday is now starting early Thursday evening. Cutting into Thanksgiving with consumerism and greed... just... eh...)

Lucifer's Calling by Jeffery Martin (disturbing)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:19:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2012 10:19:32 AM PST
frost822712 says:
I, Zombie, by Hugh Howey
The Remaining series, by D.J. Molles
Perdu, Vampyrus #1 by Raeden Zen
Apocalypsis series by Elle Casey

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:17:55 PM PST
R. Stahnke says:
I'm working my way through a zombie themed anthology called White Zombie.
White Zombie (White Zombie Anthology)

Disclosure--A friend of mine published it and contributed some of the stories. So far, it's been good. I think that with all anthologies, you'll find some you like and some you don't.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 2:09:32 PM PST
Vee Money says:
if you like graphic novels, check out The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse series written by Michael Mendheim and illustrated by Simon Bisley. It's about the end of days and the struggle to stop it.

Disclosure - I work for them and we're just starting off. Give it a look!

Amazon Kindle:

Book 1 : Helldiver
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Helldiver, Book 1

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:43:21 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
The Hoard, by Alan Ryker, is a very fast read and a lot of fun. His two vampire books, Burden Kansas (Vampires of the Plains) and Blood Tells True (Vampires of the Plains), are very good too. They're serial novellas that are strong enough to stand alone and still feel complete, a quality I wish more writers would do care to provide when writing sequels.

Here's my review of The Hoard:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3HAMBO0PI1VF5/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009Z3R6TG&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

I think it's the best of the three of his that I've read.

And thanks Charlene for the loan!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:19:02 PM PST
Great review Marc! :) I gotta read that book, my wish list is getting totally out of control!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:41:14 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
Thanks! Being that it's loanable, you might get lucky that way, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:21:52 AM PST
I guess since he's signed with Darkfuse he is not an Indie anymore.

I think it's great, because he has some writing chops and I think that whoever he is with publishing-wise, is very lucky. : )

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 10:11:42 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 31, 2013 6:06:51 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 11:55:14 AM PST
Dingfelder says:
Not according to Amazon's terms of service you can't, unless it's in the Meet Our Authors forum. It would probably be best to take your post down before Amazon does it for you.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:09:56 AM PST
daibhidh says:
"Chosenand "Saamaanthaa" -- definitely indie horror. Not just in production and conception, but in a DIY attitude, very punk kind of indie sensibility that runs through both books.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:50:15 AM PST
Dingfelder says:
Some people never learn.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:02:20 PM PST
LOL, Marc. It looks like Mr. Neal hit just about every thread in here this morning. It got on my nerves too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:14:52 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
I was annoyed but let it pass without comment until I saw it the 4th time in a row! *sigh*

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 6:34:09 AM PST
George Cook says:
The Dead War Series Books

The Dead War Series Book Two: Abomination

The Dead War Series: BOOK 1

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:00:53 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
George, Amazon rules forbid advertising your stuff outside the Meet Our Authors forum. It would probably be wise to delete your post before Amazon does it for you.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 11:46:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2013 11:47:52 AM PST
I'm not sure if this guy is an Indie or not, but this book is very good. I'm impressed:
City Under the Moon

The guy writes for Robot Chicken. Humor is a big factor in this novel and I found myself laughing out loud many times. Plus the plot is fast paced and original. I'm about 30 pages from the end and I can't wait to finish.

It currently has 38 reviews, none under 4 stars. I also found the info on the book's page helpful-the interview with the author and the celebrity blurbs.
Anyway, just wanted to share with you all. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions