Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Horror forum

DarkFuse Book Club??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 8:16:20 AM PDT
djpayn says:
Hi!!
I am looking for information about the DarkFuse book club from anyone who has already signed up for it.
Questions are -
1.-Do they let you pick which books you get so that you aren't getting books you already own?
2.-Do they send you the monthly novels/novellas automatically and what about if you have no desire to read that particular book? (i dont really like vampire/zombie books so have NO interest in them unless its by an author I already know)
3.-How are the non featured bonus titles picked? Do you pick them?

I guess I'm just wondering how much control you really have with this or if they just send you what THEY want.
I think the idea is great but have alot of the titles already and want to make sure that the money Im spending isn't going to waste.

Thanks to anyone who explains all of this to me.

Dj.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:31:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 8:35:21 AM PDT
Hi! I LOVE the DF book club!

When you sign up you get 5 books for free. Those you can choose. After that, once a month you will receive a novella and a novel. Yes, they are sent automatically. Those are new releases; you would not already have them. If you do not want them, you can return to Amazon for a credit.

You will also receive free bonus books at their whim. Their website says from 6-12 free bonus books per year.

With membership, you also gain access to their forum. There you get to talk to authors like Tim Curran, Greg Gifune, Alan Ryker, Sandy Deluca, Ron Malfi and more. Also, with a certain number of posts, you gain access to free downloads-these can be full novels, novellas or short stories and there are a lot of them to choose from.

I won my subscription last year and it's due to expire at the end of this month. I will FOR SURE be re-upping, because I just love their authors, their services and their forum.
These are quality books and extremely well edited. All for under $60.00 per year.
Here is a link: http://www.darkfuse.com/book_club.html#.UUCcZtaKJc0

I think I answered all of your questions, djpayn.
If you do sign up, tell em Charlene sent ya. :)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 8:38:27 AM PDT
djpayn says:
Thanks for answering Charlene.
I spent a few minuted over on GR in the HA forum and found a board about it where TODD gave a good explanation also - just like yours! You are correct about being able to "return" the monthly book for an amazon credit for something you do like. I will read about zombies, if the book is written well and by someone who is being a little realistic in their zombie outbreak. No VAMPIRES, sparkly or otherwise (lol) - Though I did read those when I was stuck in bed for 7 months. (yuck)
Thanks again. I will make sure you get the referral for my signing up!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 8:56:33 AM PDT
IF you do sign up, I hope you enjoy it! I believe you will. :)

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 4:11:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 4:42:56 PM PDT
justin says:
if you havnt already signed up now is the time to do so, use the following link (a referal link) and you will get 10 free books right away instead of five plus $15 refunded to you within 24 hours of paying. the $15 normaly gos to the person who refered you but I have it set up with shane to pass the savings onto the new members. you only get it with this link though. the clubs awesome, enjoy! http://www.darkfuse.com/book_club_aff-ref26.html

edit: this promo ends may 1

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 4:45:13 PM PDT
justin says:
we also get 3 featured titles per month now instead of 2. and you can exchange anything you dont want for a amazon giftcard.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 5:15:16 AM PDT
Hey Justin! Nice to see you over here. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 9:33:42 AM PDT
OutlawPoet says:
Thanks for the link, justin. I was thinking of joining. You just made it happen. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 9:43:49 AM PDT
I think you will enjoy it, OP!

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 1:31:28 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
I just don't know enough of their writers' works to take the offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 1:44:39 PM PDT
No? Ronald Malfi, Tim Curran, Michael McBride? William Meikle?
Jeff Strand? None of them? :)

They give a lot of new authors a shot, and what I've read of them I have very much enjoyed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 1:45:50 PM PDT
OutlawPoet says:
I was pleased to see so many names I knew. It seems like this may fill the void left by Dorchester.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 2:41:02 PM PDT
What's your name over there, OP?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013 2:43:28 PM PDT
OutlawPoet says:
Do you mean on their forum? I haven't set that up yet. I just signed up this morning and picked my 10 books. :-) I was going to go and play tonight after work and putting the munchkin to bed.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 3:25:29 PM PDT
djpayn says:
I signed up this evening as well. Im a little upset because a problem cant be fixed but im being forced to get over it. Im looking forward to going to the DF site to play around but wont do it until tomorrow probably. Picked my 10 books out and sent in the email about 10 minutes ago though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 5:21:56 AM PDT
Oh ok. I will probably see over there at some point.

You too, djpayn! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 5:58:26 AM PDT
justin says:
your welcome, enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 6:16:09 AM PDT
justin says:
I have lurked a bit but never posted, I like goodreads better.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 6:21:16 AM PDT
justin says:
what is the problem? I read back threw all the comments but must be missing something. if you used my link make sure to let me know if you havn't gotten the discount within 24 hours. so far no one has had any problems with that though.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 6:48:54 AM PDT
djpayn says:
I did not use the link from this page. THAT is not the problem. From what i understand, you are choosing in that post to forgo the referral benefit and pass it along to the new member - i think that is AWESOME. Unfortunately, I did not follow that link. I wanted to do a bit more research first - about the club and the benefits and such and pass my referral on to a friend of mine. I was duped by something else and am just very unhappy with it.
I am very happy with being in the book club. VERY happy about that and it hasn't even been 24 full hours yet!!
Someone has just done something that is very dirty to get their own referrals to go over the top - and since it looks like a legit DF link - well- Im sure I dont need to spell it out.
But, whats done is done - cant be changed and im done trying to get TPTB to make it right. SO... I will just enjoy my membership. I have apologized to the 1 person I wanted to get my referral. That's all that matters.

To Anyone else who may want to join DarkFuse - DO IT!!! It is So worth the money and the authors write some fantastic horror books. You can check out their writing in blurbs on the darkfuse website before deciding to join. I really don't think anyone will be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 6:58:41 AM PDT
Another nice thing about it is that you can talk to the authors. Alan Ryker and Tim Curran are often around, as are William Meikle and Greg Gifune (who is also an editor for DF as well.)
I'm glad you like it so far DJ!

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 7:12:35 AM PDT
djpayn says:
I do. Im excited to get into the members area today. Just loaded my free books onto my kindle- what a treat to wake up and see 10 NEW BOOKS LOADING!!!! YAY! I do some BETA reading for a few horror authors already - and noticed they have an ARC section - but you hafta have a reader base , like a blog or something - and I dont have that. I would have liked to do that as well.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 7:23:40 AM PDT
I do some beta reading too for Lee Thompson. I just got a new one today. :)

What about netgalley for the ARC thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 7:45:19 AM PDT
djpayn says:
thats where i went to but you have to be a professional reader and have a large reach. I dont. I just beta - do some punctuation correction - plot holes, etc.... I would love to do the netgalley - but I got really discouraged when i went there and saw what their requirements were.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 8:21:28 AM PDT
Oh, I didn't know that. That sucks.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions