Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Horror forum

Graham Masterton

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:54:45 AM PST
Graham, if you've read the posts on this thread before joining than you must probably know we both posts on your message board often. I would also assume you should know my real name and the appreciation i have for your work. That being said, i never think of you as a sex maniac, more of a very good sex scene writer......Im currently going through your collection of short stories called FACES OF FEAR, would you be able to tell me a little bit about SUFFER KATE ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 8:55:50 AM PST
Yes, he does,...all the time, i cant recall reading something from Graham that wasnt good or just ok.....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 8:57:46 AM PST
recluse says:
Looking forward to all of them.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:01:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 9:32:47 AM PST
KinksRock says:
I think Doum gave a good explanation. We don't think of Graham as a sex maniac, as much as an author who clearly has enjoyed sex and likes writing about it, sometimes in graphic detail. I am not offended by that, and certainly Graham seems like a gentleman, [POLITICAL CONTENT REMOVED BY AUTHOR].

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:08:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 9:11:03 AM PST
hope we didnt make him mad... (assuming it was him....),..what do you think kinks ?. i would be sad if my favourite author thinks i think he's a sex maniac.....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 9:09:55 AM PST
recluse says:
Still can't find the Politics Forum, Kinks?

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:12:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 9:33:25 AM PST
KinksRock says:
[SNAPPING RETORT REMOVED BY AUTHOR]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 9:13:12 AM PST
I humbly request that we stay off of the political track here.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:13:23 AM PST
KinksRock says:
@Doum: Graham has a good sense of humor, and he knows there's a lot of sex in his books, so I'd be surprised if he was truly offended as opposed to having some fun with us.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 9:13:56 AM PST
KinksRock says:
@Charlene: Ok.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:24:32 AM PST
KinksRock says:
Doum: Look at what Graham said about why he wrote sex manuals: ". . .but that was only because I couldn't stand by and see so many people who had no idea where to put it". That is beyond hilarious! What do you think, Doum? If Graham ever visited stateside, wouldn't you love to have dinner with him? I bet it would be the most fun possible in this dimension.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 9:27:55 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 6, 2012 9:28:13 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:35:28 AM PST
Yeah probably,...i still think i'll post a little something on his message board just to make sure........
A dinner with graham would actually be very fun,yeah....

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:39:10 AM PST
KinksRock says:
If you think we may have hurt his feelings, do what will reassure you. I'd emphasize that we enjoy his novels, including the sex scenes, and were having some fun. But if he was really mad, I doubt that he'd advise us that the "Chaos Theory" position was for real.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 9:47:42 AM PST
Kinks, much appreciated.

Regarding Graham. You never know around here when an author will show up, be he/she an independent or long established author.

I do think it would speak badly about an author to get upset by some comments made by obvious fans, such as yourselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 9:54:27 AM PST
KinksRock says:
@Charlene: No prob. I'd rather talk about novels. I had posted on Graham's official board that we had this thread going, and it was continuing longer than expected, so I believe that prompted him to take a look. I doubt very much that he's really offended because he has a good sense of humor and is not frigid at all.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:02:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 10:03:01 AM PST
hope so kinks, i left a quick mesage on his message board too...You know what would be awesome now? is if one of the directors i mentioned yesterday would read the posts and agree to work on one of those novels.....propbably wont happen but hey! who knows?

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:14:24 AM PST
KinksRock says:
You think Scorsese is trolling the amazon discussion pages? Would be cool.

There's a funny video of Casey Wilson reading the comments on her imdb page, including comments about her acting, weight, and breast size. On the last one, when one says she's big, she goes: "I know!" and smiles. But then she starts acting sensitive and pouting. She's a pretty good sport.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:16:02 AM PST
Now, hopefully this post by Graham will motivate more of his readers to come and share their experience and thoughts......we'll wait and see i guess....

In the meantime, im going back to FACES OF FEAR, im currently reading the short story GRIEF,....VERY GOOD!

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:24:06 AM PST
KinksRock says:
@Doum: You should have a shirt because you have got to be his biggest fan.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:28:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 10:28:21 AM PST
haha, LOL yeah i know, i was actually thinking of getting this ritual shirt they sell on his website....its pretty cool and its not very expensive......im sure people would be like:..nice shirt man! i dont know these guys, what kind of music are they playing?....LOL

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:56:00 AM PST
KinksRock says:
I'd like to wear a shirt -- especially one from the Hell Candidates featuring the satanic face, but no way would my wife let me in the house with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:18:55 AM PST
Dingfelder says:
An incredibly good film. It was a huge sensation when it came out. It definitely made Oliver Stone's name.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 11:20:50 AM PST
KinksRock says:
@Marc Iverson: Which movie are you referring to? "Platoon"? "Midnight Express"?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 11:25:32 AM PST
Dingfelder says:
"You Really Got Me" was a great song. They say they wouldn't be allowed to record such a raw guitar sound these days. But it's precisely the fit of the incredibly raw guitar to the lyrics that makes the song work so well. It's that guttural, unpolished manic intensity of desire that the song's all about.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  1691
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions