Customer Discussions > Horror forum

British Zombies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2012 2:26:56 AM PDT
Shaun says:
Apart from Ian Woodhead, Peter Salisbury and Adam Wright, are there any other authors whose work deals with a zombie outbreak in Britain?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:50:28 AM PDT
Dave Jeffery says:
Try Flu by Wayne Simmons. This is set in Ireland.

And Domain of the Dead by Iain Mackinnon. This is set in Scotland.

Hope this helps

Dave

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:07:38 AM PDT
Shaun says:
Excellent. Thanks for the suggestions.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:11:34 AM PDT
Dave Jeffery says:
No problem AR ... I'll see if I can recall any others and post them here in due course.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:56:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:04:58 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:06:57 PM PST
When There's No More Room In Hell: A Zombie Novel. And as I am finding the name of the author, Luke Duffy, I see the next book in the series has been released! I enjoyed this book. It was set in England where one brother is. Another brother is making his way from Iraq back to England, so the story goes back and forth.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:53:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 10:01:36 AM PST
D. Sippel says:
How about David Moody's Hater, sequel Dog Blood, and third leg of the trilogy .Them or Us (Hater).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:03:07 AM PST
Splinker says:
What did you think of Ian's book?

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:39:39 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:39:55 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:04:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 3:06:42 AM PST
Alina says:
The Undead. I wrote a review of it. If you click on my name and look at my reviews you'll find it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:21:02 AM PST
I have that one, Alina. I guess I should read it, eh? : )

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:28:13 AM PST
Alina says:
It's very dry and British. A BBC doco with lots of talking heads. I thought it was a good read and a very good take on the conventions of the typical British doco style of presenting information but some of the witty bits might be a bit lost in translation unless you watch a lot of those type of docos. I can see that some people wouldn't particularly like it because it's an eccentric read. So I guess I'm saying it's good if you like that sort of thing but, if you don't like that sort of thing then maybe you won't like it! See how you go. I have to get back to reading Virginia Creeper because I did really like the sample. The weather has just started to turn sunny here after a particularly cold and rainy Winter so I've actually been spending all my spare time cleaning up the garden and washing down my weatherboard house and patching up the paintwork. I haven't been reading much at all. It's great to be outside though. Not so much in some parts of the States though.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:19:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 5:19:42 AM PST
I'm reading Virginia Creeper now and I'm enjoying it. I'm not very far into it though. So far, it's mostly tied up with this horrid crime scene and descriptions of the creeper vine. I changed the pic of our horror group to a picture of the vine, which is actually quite pretty. I imagine it would be hard to tend however, because it can grow up to a foot a day. (According to the book.)

I didn't realize that winter is over there. It's just starting here. : (

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:33:54 AM PST
Alina says:
Yep, we ozzies often have a sweltering Christmas Day, much to the amazement of pommies and yanks who can't imagine such a thing. I have a friend in Washington who sends me pictures of his snow covered yard while I'm sitting here in 100 F.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:09:39 PM PST
Well, Alina, I will think of you as I am singing "I Saw Three Ships" on Christmas morning. I know not all of Australia is a port, but I think of that and big open country when I think of Australia...like I could see those 3 ships sailing around down-under.

I am reading Pines. This book puts me in the mind of The Prisoner (the original from 1967-68)...Wow! we use to have some fun times watching that one! Any way...it's a bit different. I'm thinking the end may be a disappointment, but we'll see.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:11:03 PM PST
hmm...I thought I was on a different thread. I may need a serious nap.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 12:44:51 AM PST
RR Haywood has "The Undead Day n" series. Here's the first book (up to Day 9 so far):

The Undead Day One. (Book One of The Undead Series)

So far, Day 1 was my least favorite of the series. But I liked it enough to go on to Day 2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions