Customer Discussions > Horror forum

Anyone read these short stories? I can't remember the title of the book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 6:55:16 PM PST
Jonathan says:
So far Google, Amazon, etc have not been able to help me. I cannot remember title (or author) of this book of horror short stories; all I can recall are the details of several of the stories themselves.

1) This was a fantasy story about three guys venturing either into this kingdom or this island, where all they found were these weird leaves everywhere, and skeletons. Everything had been picked clean. Then one by one they are sucked dry in their sleep by the leaves, and the third guy discovers the sorcerer who is made up of these leaves.

2) This town is full of these halloween decorations this guy sells off his truck. At night, the decorations come alive, have sex with people, and the decorations *become* people, and the people dissolve.

3) A lovecraftian story about a professor looking at fossils in the rocks that these miners are pulling up back in the 1800s. Then one of the miners shows him this sort of lovecraftian monster in a hole.

Can anyone help me out here? This is driving me crazy.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:20:54 PM PST
jeff p says:
I don't know if it's the same collection or anthology I have,but well..I do have a horror anthology that the last story appears in,I'm quite sure,but I don't know which,and do not recall the title of either the story or book, (I have like 30 or 40 horror anthologies and a few horror short story collections by single authors.)but i will search through them and try to get back hopefully with an answer.It does seem like i myself have read the story fairly recently.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:19:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:21:12 PM PST
jeff p says:
And would #2 be "The Hunger of the Leaves" by Joel Lane?..I have found it in one of the Mammoth Book of Best New Horror books i own..#12

Also#1 kind of sounds like "Flesh of Leaves,Bones of Desire" by Charlee Jacobs and its in this same anthology...But see,I don't know because both are stories i have'nt gotten around to reading yet in the book.Ironically the 3rd story you mentioned is the only one I'm quite sure I have read,but does'nt seem to appear in the book..Unless I've missed something somehow..I just browsed the Amazon reviews so i guess i'll have to go through the book itself to know for sure.

Not sure any of this helps,but I'm trying.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:27:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:28:04 PM PST
jeff p says:
I don't mean to triple post but I'll post this 1 last one

My Listmania. Maybe one these is the book,maybe not,but hopefully one will seem familiar somehow.

http://www.amazon.com/lm/R1H8EB87767D52/ref=cm_pdp_lm_title_1
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important announcement from Amazon
191 Jan 22, 2013
Creepy/Horror tv shows (& films) 115 2 hours ago
Free and/or Discounted Horror Books For Your Kindle! 1102 6 hours ago
What Horror Book Are You Reading? 1351 6 hours ago
What have you watched recently? 1210 13 hours ago
growing up with horror 881 1 day ago
The Stand Vs Swan Song? 38 2 days ago
The Lounge 6511 5 days ago
Books like Rosemary's Baby 79 7 days ago
A Different Tale In The Werewolf Genre 7 11 days ago
Looking to a really GOOD Horror novel.. 13 22 days ago
R.I.P. Marilyn Burns 1 23 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions