Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Horror forum

The Lounge

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:28:35 PM PST
Juzbyosef says:
Yes! I loved I Know This Much is True and She's Come Undone! I even love the titles of those books. I haven't yet read his latest. I may have put it in my Wish List though. Or maybe I bought it and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Maybe it's in my Kindle! So little time, so many good stories to read and watch!

I also read an anthology of stories written by female prisoners, produced and editted by Mr. Lamb. Very interesting 1st-time writing.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:35:15 PM PST
I had fun reading the thirty+ posts here today!

Jon Stewart is hilarious. I'd totally date him if he was gay and single, and if my better half went missing in a plane or something. ;)

Funny is sexy.

PS: I want Judge Judy for president.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:37:12 PM PST
KinksRock says:
I would totally date Jon Stewart if he and I were both gay and single. I'd still like to go out with him, but it wouldn't go anywhere sexual. Of course, I'd keep him away from my wife, who has a crush on him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 1:40:30 PM PST
"I'd keep him away from my wife ... "

That is hilarious. I have to catch my breath. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 1:41:45 PM PST
recluse says:
Can we have Judge Joe as Vice President?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 1:43:11 PM PST
I saw you reviewed Wishin and Hopin, so I added it to my wish list.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 1:43:35 PM PST
LOL Baron, except for the Judge Judy part. That's not funny. : )

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:49:51 PM PST
Juzbyosef says:
@ Charlene - Wishin and Hopin is an excellent, fun, quick read! Looking forward to hear your thoughts on it.

I'm really impressed with the ABERRATIONS: HORROR STORIES!
Most fun I've had with a horror novel since SEEDS (which was also very good).

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:50:47 PM PST
Juz, keep talking. Every time you post about it, I move it up in my short story TBR. : )

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 2:04:31 PM PST
Juzbyosef says:
I seriously LAUGHED OUT LOUD reading Wishin and Hopin! Tears streaming down. Seriously. It's just like A CHRISTMAS STORY, but a little racier.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 2:54:36 PM PST
I remember that I was crying when I finished I Know This Much is True. I have to give Oprah credit for turning me on to Wally Lamb.
I didn't like any of her other reads and then I just stopped checking them out.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 3:34:59 PM PST
So, in line with our spider talk and also to add some general hilarity check out this Cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/8-unexpected-downsides-switch-to-e-books/
The unexpected downside to ereaders. I thought the 2nd page was even more hilarious than the first. : )

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:43:06 PM PST
Juzbyosef says:
wooooowwwww. yall done locked out another conversation. How is it "what have you watched..." is the oldest and most influential conversation on the forum, and it has yet to be locked out? I mean... that's where I go when I need a movie hit!

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:45:44 PM PST
Juzbyosef says:
just watched the last SNL on my dvr, and i have a confession... I SUPER LOVE Nick Cage! They said he appeals to middle-aged and old women alike. Dont you young girls want to just get drunk with him, try to LEAVE LAS VEGAS, and die next to his beer breath having little sad eyes butt?

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:50:55 PM PST
Juzbyosef says:
Nick! Baby! I can make you happy Baby!!!

But I'm not watching that dude on fire movie. No way.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:01:47 AM PST
I was just reading on George R.R. Martin's blog that the inventor/writer of Ghost Rider is penniless and about to lose his house. Somehow he didn't get any money for creating the Ghost Rider. I don't know how true it is, but if it is true, it's very sad.

BTW, I also loved Nick in Las Vegas as well as in Lord of War.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 11:41:27 AM PST
Dingfelder says:
There have been a good few wars about that sort of thing in the comic world. Generally if you've invented characters under contract, you've been paid what you're due. If you brought in new characters, then you can claim ownership. Some of the biggest and the best have seen credit for their creations go elsewhere because of that ... like for instance, to Stan Lee.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 1:43:58 PM PST
Blarg, I think that sucks. I'm a big fan of blues music and a lot of those writers also got hosed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 4:06:22 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
Yeah musicians get it pretty bad as a general rule. Some so bad, like Foghat, that being both at the top popularly and critically and still being broke for so long starts to result in suicides. It's a pretty crass industry in so many ways.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:11:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 7:13:52 PM PST
Apropos of nothing, racing at Daytona is on. I confess it, I'm a gal with a frequent need for speed. : )
Edited to add: There was just a huge wreck! Looks like Nascar will be a bit more exciting this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:25:16 PM PST
recluse says:
I watch horse racing for the crashes, but they never blow up.

They should fix that.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:37:47 PM PST
Well, the last horse I bet on broke a leg and they put him down right on the track. I no longer bet on horses. True Story. I still feel guilty about that horse.

On a brighter note this race finished so closely, it was unbelievable! Jeff Gordon's car got put down, so to speak. But so did Earnhardt Jr. who is my guy. So I guess that's not really a brighter note, now is it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:10:00 PM PST
recluse says:
If they ain't on fire, it's a win/win situation.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:49:09 AM PST
KinksRock says:
Horses don't blow up? What if you light a match behind them?

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:58:42 AM PST
recluse says:
You would think so, considering the amount of illegal chemicals in them.
And their jockeys.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  72
Total posts:  8091
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2012
Latest post:  4 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions