Customer Discussions > Horror forum

The Lounge

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 20, 2012 6:01:21 PM PST
Going to make a nice peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk. Funny the childhood favorites that stay with us.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 7:48:09 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
"Going to make a nice peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk."

That sounds very difficult! Usually I use my hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 6:47:37 AM PST
I anthropomorphized the glass of milk. Right now it's preparing toast and coffee for me.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 6:52:59 AM PST
LOL! NICE!

Whenever I see the words peanut butter and jelly I see Brian from the Family Guy singing that song. Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 9:22:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2012 9:22:22 AM PST
Angela Perry says:
That's where the PB song comes from! My son picked it up from a friend at school and drives me nuts with it.

ETA: No pun intended.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 9:25:21 AM PST
LOL Angela! I didn't get it at first (there's nothing to get, really) and it annoyed me. But then, like I said, every time I hear anyone mention PB & J it just goes off in my head!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 11:20:11 AM PST
Nick Jones says:
Where can I get milk like that? I get a brand called 'Crowley' where I live, but there's no magic to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 11:41:22 AM PST
LOL, Nick, we have Crowley dairy products here in Northeast PA.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 12:17:55 PM PST
Maybe this is a good place to ask a question.
How does the Netflix thing work if you want to watch movies on your TV, not your computer? I guess I have the same question regarding Amazon Prime.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 12:54:49 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
You need a Roku or similar box. Amazon, among others, sells the Roku box(es). There are many different ones, so if you get one, be sure you get one with the plugs and features you like. Read the reviews carefully.

Basically it's like a cable box, but you connect it into your home network.

Re streaming Amazon Prime movies, some are free and most are not. The selection is limited, especially if you're not into TV series. It tends to come across in higher resolution than I get from Netflix, though. And fewer stalls and interruptions or black-outs. (Like almost none.) You get it right over your computer. You might be able to get Prime movies onto your Roku, but I don't know.

Hope that's what you were asking ...

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 12:59:05 PM PST
Ok, thank you very much for not making me feel stupid!
I'm going to check it out. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:04:30 PM PST
Angela Perry says:
We bought a new blu-ray player for Christmas, and it's compatible with Netflix and Amazon. Most newer game systems are too (Playstation 3, XBox 360, Wii) if you have one of those.

We cancelled our cable and use only streaming Netflix now. We RedBox new release movies and keep up with the couple current TV shows we care about on Hulu. It's lots cheaper!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:09:15 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
Yep, cable is kinda crazy expensive now. And it can't beat the cool movies and TV shows you can get from Netflix and Prime.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 1:17:50 PM PST
I don't have wireless though (I have DSL), and I don't have HD. And yes, cable is crazy because that's what I have. Reading the reviews of the Roku2, I think I will stay away from that.
What's funny is, I'm the one who hooks everything up. I hooked up the computer when I got it, hooked up the surround sound and all that good stuff. I'm ok with it when it's in my hands. I am not good with it if I don't have it in physical form. Does that make any sense?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:20:47 PM PST
Angela Perry says:
Definitely! I can watch MST3K again :D I have the old Twilight Zones in my queue too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:21:53 PM PST
Angela Perry says:
Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)

This what we have. DSL is fine, no wireless necessary. It's fairly inexpensive and works great for us.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:40:22 PM PST
Ooh, I dig Twilight Zone, and MST3K too.

Re: cable TV

Late last year we drastically reduced our subscription package to networks and PBS and On Demand ... in order to cut down on expenses. Besides, so much of the cable programming is nearly half commercials (and they're usually very loud and annoying). And why are we paying for the cable/shows if they have sponsors and ad revenue? Someone's getting really really rich in this scenario.

I can understand paying for HBO and Showtime because they don't have tons of ads, they depend on money from subscribers. But Food Network, SyFy, Travel, Nickelodeon, and TV Land (et al) should be free if they're bombarding the viewer with commercials, imho.

And that's today's soapbox moment, LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:58:00 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
Charlene, as long as you have a router, there is a way to get it done. If nothing else, you can get a wireless router.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 1:59:47 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
I think Netflix has the first season of The Walking Dead and the first one or two of Breaking Bad on streaming -- they did as of a few months ago anyway.

Gotta love those old Twilight Zones.

Also, on Hulu, they've got the old Night Gallery shows, which can be a lot of fun. Stephen King mentions one very fondly in his Danse Macabre book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 2:00:48 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
I remember when cable had no commercials. *sigh* all good things come to an end, some very quickly

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 3:18:13 PM PST
Lauren James says:
I miss catching re-runs of Night Gallery all the time. It caused me some very weird moments of dissonance in my reading at times: I think I spent half an hour agonizing over how weird it was that I'd perfectly predicted the plot of a Nathaniel Hawthorne short story, only to realize that I'd caught it from Night Gallery years before. I didn't know they were on Hulu: I'll have to immerse myself in some over the weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 12:38:30 PM PST
Derdnik says:
Totally from left field. I saw Ozzy Osbourne in Camden NJ at an outdoor venue right next to the delaware river. During his performance of Mr. Crowley there was a cargo ship sailing past and all of the freight containers had Crowley printed on them in large letters. Just one of those things Im not likely to forget.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 1:28:25 PM PST
That's awesome Derdnik! I'm looking forward to seeing him come around with Black Sabbath this year. I read in Rolling Stone though, that Tony Iommi has some kind of cancer now, so I guess there's a chance it could be cancelled or delayed. : (

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 4:54:46 PM PST
Nick Jones says:
Serendipitous case of synchronicity (for those who don't know, it means an acausal, meaningful coincidence). My real last name is O'Rourke, and one of my favorite musicians is Brian Eno, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw a truck with the company name Rourke-Eno.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 5:02:18 PM PST
Dingfelder says:
It's kinda fun, after you've gotten years of reading and movie & TV watching under your belt, to see something and wonder, "Now where have I seen this story before?" Somehow I always feel proud when I trace it back.

Then again, sometimes it makes new stuff almost unwatchable, because the number of new ways to do things is limited, and after a while it can seem like you've already seen everything.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important announcement from Amazon
192 Aug 31, 2014
Free and/or Discounted Horror Books For Your Kindle! 1501 2 hours ago
What have you watched recently? 1647 20 hours ago
What Horror Book Are You Reading? 2220 1 day ago
The Most Imaginative, Original DEATHS You've Seen in Horror Movies 8 4 days ago
The Lounge 6808 6 days ago
Sleepaway Camp 3 Uncut????? 2 11 days ago
Three On A Meathook Remake? 3 14 days ago
Favorite TV Horror Movie Host 19 15 days ago
growing up with horror 1207 16 days ago
Graham Masterton 1683 18 days ago
Loan Library 3 Feb 24, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  71
Total posts:  6809
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2012
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions