Customer Discussions > Horror forum

The Lounge

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5276-5300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:47:41 AM PDT
Dingfelder says:
I didn't use any butter in mine. Just a little olive oil to sautee the onions in. No egg either. I was working off a magazine recipe, and it came out well, but took at least twice as long as the 18 minutes, plus a couple more to warm up the frozen peas at the end, to make than they said it would. It's very fussy compared to making regular rice. But a nice change of pace.

Never heard of Ocean State Job Lot. But we do have a place that sells a rotating stock of discounted groceries. I guess it's worth taking a look every once in a while, as here at Safeway it was 10 bucks for two pounds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:48:54 AM PDT
Dingfelder says:
If a Harley tips over on you, it'll probably break your leg.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:49:04 AM PDT
Oh, I am familiar with that type of dog. Beautiful and smart!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:49:23 AM PDT
Dingfelder says:
Really? Gotta read that review then. The other ones I've read were more iffy.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:02:09 PM PDT
LFrog1386 says:
Marc-those are beautiful dogs. Very smart, as Charlene has already stated. So don't underestimate their awareness of when they are stomping on your groin climbing into your lap. ;)

As for the arborio, is it pricey-I think I have paid about $4/lb here in CT for it. I shall have to look for other more heart-healthy recipes for it. I love the way it sticks together but I don't love the idea of all that artery-clogging cheese and butter. The egg is pretty harmless, though.

As for the Harley, it all depends on what we're talking about. If I am just standing on it at a light and lose balance, it's pretty easy to get your leg out of the way. But if I go down in a skid, no amount of denim is going to save my legs (or butt or....). I have a leather jacket but no chaps-not yet, anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 12:42:06 PM PDT
Dingfelder says:
Yes, and very very active. They'll tear up your house if they don't get exercise. All but our puppy is mellow, but they get run every day, with only the rarest exceptions. And then the big one jumps in the pond to cool off and stinks of pond scum for hours.

Amazing coats, though ... they have brilliant white on them, and never seem to stain. The dirt eventually just dries and falls off. Very different from the German Shepherds we used to have, who got stained quick, easy, and permanently, or until the next bath. Aussie coats look like they'd be a maintenance nightmare, but they're actually one of the easiest doggie coats I've ever had to care for. Which can be a relief. I don't want to spend an hour a day brushing out dogs (or cats -- we used to have Persians who would knot up every single day).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:16:05 PM PDT
LFrog1386 says:
Oh gosh yeah, my Persian was a nightmare to keep groomed. As you said-you can look at her cross-eyed and she'd get knots. I heard Samoyeds were good at just sloughing off dirt from their white coats. I marveled at how bright white one was I saw one time and the owner swore he rarely ever needed to bathe or groom the dog. Said they just naturally stay clean. Must be nice!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 12:03:41 AM PDT
Dingfelder says:
Samoyeds can be stunningly beautiful dogs. It's been ages since I've seen one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 12:12:31 AM PDT
recluse says:
I used to have one.
One of the best dogs I've ever had.
Smart, loyal and brave.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 12:14:46 AM PDT
Dingfelder says:
Their look is so stark and pure. Definitely a one of a kind look. A Platonic ideal of some sort of doggie.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 5:51:22 AM PDT
LFrog1386 says:
Yes I always wanted one myself-or a Husky. Absolutely gorgeous creatures.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:10:00 AM PDT
We had an Alaskan Malamute named Zack who was great, in the 90's. A blue eye and a green eye. And so friendly. Not a good watch dog, he'd be sweet to strangers. And he'd sometimes escape his leash and run for the hills ... but come home for dinner later.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:03:50 PM PDT
J. Case says:
Madagascar 3 It was funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:18:22 PM PDT
recluse says:
Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 3:15:15 PM PDT
J. Case says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 3:19:12 PM PDT
recluse says:
Got kids?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 4:02:07 PM PDT
J. Case says:
No.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 4:03:39 PM PDT
recluse says:
Okay.

Why do you go to so many kiddy movies?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 4:24:41 PM PDT
J. Case says:
Kiddy movies.
I went to Madagascar 3.
Movies I saw before that The Dictator, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Chernoybl Diaries, Men in Black 3, and The Avengers.
Other than Madagascar Europes Most Wanted the others aren't kiddy movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:09:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 5:09:40 PM PDT
recluse says:
All movies my niece and nephews saw.

Except for The Dictator.
Because they already know Sasha Cohen is a moron.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:24:33 PM PDT
Before this descends into a bickering fest, I think I'll take a break from the fun.

Back later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 6:40:11 PM PDT
recluse says:
Just messing with the kid, Baron. ;)

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:26:42 PM PDT
Dingfelder says:
Saw at least three different commercials for "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" tonight on TV. For promo push alone, this looks like it could make money. More importantly to consumers, movies do everything well that novels sometimes fail at -- cutting to the chase and concentrating on coherent, progressive plot. Or at least allowing one. The book had a great idea that got lost in what appeared to be the author's fascination with period detail and an almost apologetically scrupulous but generic rendering of history. That disabled its two great hooks -- Lincoln as counter-expectation butt-kicking riotous bad-arse (and whatever other hyphenates you can mash) and slavery as vampirism. I wonder if it's even possible for a movie to make precisely those mistakes.

With only a moderate amount of luck (though success in horror is always fraught by the luck that anyone cares what they're doing), this movie might be better than the book and pretty good fun. I have my hopes raised just a little, but shyly, kind of the way I do for Ridley Scott's latest, "Prometheus." I'm hoping.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 5:46:01 AM PDT
LFrog1386 says:
I remember you all saying the book was lacking, but I have to agree with you that the marketing has sure made me want to go see it! It looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

As for Prometheus, I belong to a couple of horror rooms on Facebook and the general consensus of opinion was that it was fantastic. Only one person said they hated it. The others said that knowing the Alien series makes all the difference; they heard people commenting that they didn't understand it and it was clear they had never seen Alien. For my money, I'd see Prometheus first, Abe Lincoln second.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 1:09:11 PM PDT
J. Case says:
Just because your niece, and nephews saw them doesn't mean they are kiddy movies.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  6606
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2012
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions