Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Horror forum

What have you watched recently? Did you like it? Why?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9376-9400 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 9:22:48 AM PDT
marky77 says:
I liked Mimic and the sequels *nods*.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 9:25:09 AM PDT
marky77 says:
Becky's Recommends = always ends up my "to-watch" list

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 10:23:04 AM PDT
marky77,

I'm sorry you hated Slither. I absolutely love it and have watched it time after time. It reminds me of Feast, only funnier. Plus, it stars the yummy Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame. The movie has a lot of little tributes to former horror films, too. One man's poison is another's meat, I guess!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 11:17:40 AM PDT
Gorgar says:
Mimic is another quality Guillermo Del Toro film, and Mira Sorvino rocked in that film! She's also great in Mighty Aphrodite. :^)

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 3:11:38 PM PDT
MattT says:
THE STRANGE VENGEANCE OF ROSALIE (1972) -A man gives a ride to a strange teen girl to where he thinks his her grandfather's ranch out in the desert. But he soon learns the hard way that she was luring him there so she wouldn't be alone. And she'll do anything to keep him there. A very young Bonnie Bedilia(Salem's Lot) plays the teen- great performance. As well as Ken Howard(as the man she traps), and Anthony Zerbe.

I kind of wonder if Stephen King watched this(or read the book its based on The Chicken by Miles Tripp) when he wrote Misery....like Paul Sheldon, Ken Howard's character spends the majority of time hobbled in a bed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 3:12:56 PM PDT
MattT says:
Well, I personally wouldn't recommend YellowBrickRoad to my worst enemy...hey Marky! You should check out YellowBrickRoad!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 4:43:15 PM PDT
marky77 says:
lmaoo :P.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 8:44:28 AM PDT
Gorgar says:
That's funny, Matt! I just watched a weird, English action film, "Doomsday" that was part Road Warrior, part Gladiator and part 28 Days Later. I liked it!
Tons of gory fight scenes, a rowdy car chase scene lifted directly from Road Warrior, and the toughest lady warrior this side of Sarah Conner!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:28:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 12:29:30 PM PDT
Markyyummy...What's wrong with you son...You sound all wacky!!!

hm let me see...

re:I thought that the had a thing for each other? Wincest or whatever...

If you mean Rory and Dean...From Gilmore Girls ...then yes..They had "a thing for each other"...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:30:59 PM PDT
Good Sunday Everybody!

@ Matthew...There you go with that funny sense of humor...hugs*

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:36:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 12:47:53 PM PDT
Ooh...Matthew...THE STRANGE VENGEANCE OF ROSALIE sounds good!!! Thanks!!!...Although it's hard to imagine either Bonnie Bedilia as the "lurer-er nor big old imposing Ken Howard as the lure-ee!!! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 3:36:23 PM PDT
MattT says:
Haha her being so much smaller than Ken helped sell her young age she's supposed to be playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 3:59:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 4:34:22 PM PDT
Good point!!! winks*...

EDIT: I was going to mention how much more sexy it is to have a hot tall strong guy opposite a hot vulnerable chick!!!.... but i decided that it had nothing to do with the film cuz apparently her character is stronger than his!!!....winks*

FYI....IMO...i think a couple like JLO & MARC ANTHONY for instance are a very unattractive as a couple!!!...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:26:37 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Mira Sorvino is very pretty. I liked her in MIGHTY APHRODITE, but am still not sure why she was the one who got the Academy Award that year. It wasn't THAT outstanding a performance. I started watching MIMIC the other week, but lost interest and stopped.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:34:48 AM PDT
MattT says:
Because the Academy Awards are a joke, they made Dances With Smurfs...I mean Avatar best picture, how can anyone take anything the Academy does seriously?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:36:37 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I didn't realize those were Smurfs! Smurfs are hot!

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:43:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 6:44:14 AM PDT
They're not even called THE ACADEMY AWARDS anymore!!! PoPular is now "THE OSCARS"...I'm afraid they've lost their...Majick*

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 8:08:40 AM PDT
marky77 says:
It always seems to be boring/pretentious movies that win loads of awards :/...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 8:09:37 AM PDT
marky77 says:
An avatar fetish? Well that's new.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 8:40:47 AM PDT
MattT says:
It's all a bunch of azz kizzing and Hollywood politics. And you can get anyone nominated if you have the dough-

Kevin Smith: "I wanted to run Michael Parks from Red State for an Oscar this year, and I was told I'd need $250,000 minimum to do that."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 8:41:45 AM PDT
MattT says:
But I do agree about Mira, she is very pretty.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 9:12:25 AM PDT
marky77 says:
That's stupid. Money shouldn't be involved. It should be kinda like an election - open for everyone to nominate and the X many most popular are up for nomination...the public votes which they like best.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 9:14:08 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Am I alone in thinking that "Rock 'n Roll High School" should have earned the Ramones an Oscar for the soundtrack?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 9:29:05 AM PDT
MattT says:
Now that I can agree with.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 12:47:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 12:58:54 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
MattT: no they didn't, The Hurt Locker won.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  405
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions