Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Horror forum

What have you watched recently? Did you like it? Why?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9651-9675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 1, 2012 12:03:11 PM PDT
Juzbyosef says:
The Pact (Pre-Theatrical Rental)

I don't see this one actually making it to theatres. I don't think it's worth the $10 rental fee. But it's a ghost story worth watching. A young mother seems to have mysteriously disappeared in her childhood home where she's come to handle her estranged mother's funeral. Her sister, and her baby-sitter girlfriend, go looking for her. Creepy, paranormal stuff happens, as well as other surprises. My biggest problem with this film was that I didn't really understand it until I'd watched it a 2nd time, and had my friend explain it to me. The 3 blond female leads look EXACTLY alike to me, so I kept getting confused about the storyline. I'm still not absolutely positive about the ending. But it was fun the 2nd time around. 7/10.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 12:04:09 PM PDT
Juzbyosef says:
DANCER IN THE DARK is a wonderfully good movie. One of my favorite films that I plan to NEVER watch again. The ending is just toooo painful to bear.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 12:22:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 12:23:17 PM PDT
Juzbyosef says:
WOMB
Womb ( Mitra ) ( Womb - Méh ) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.0 Import - Australia]

If you witnessed the violent and un-timely death of your childhood sweetheart and young-adult soulmate... and you had the opportunity to bring him back to life again... but he'd have to come back through your womb... as your baby... and he thinks of you as his mom cuz (like a clone) he doesn't know he's been re-animated... then you have to watch him grow up and get a new little girlfriend even though he maybe has confusing sexual feelings about you, his mom... while you maybe still got the hots for him too... would you do it?

I sure wouldn't! Especially after watching this interesting little Aussie movie.

I found it on Comcast OnDemand.

6/10

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 6:41:36 PM PDT
Gorgar says:
That sounds like some eff-ed up shizzle, Senor!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 7:26:44 PM PDT
Nick Jones says:
"Remotely" isn't the adjective I'd use.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 12:28:26 PM PDT
Reviewer says:
I saw DEVIL INSIDE on DVD. Faux doc. Ok but boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 1:01:55 PM PDT
marky77 says:
I'm one of what seems like the VAST MINORITY that loved the ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 1:05:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2012 1:11:40 PM PDT
marky77 says:
I HATE when the characters look so alike!

I swear I am NOTTT being racist AT ALL here but I get very frustrated with Japanese/Asian horror movies because I love them, but I do often get confused about which character is which (plus their names are confusing 'cause they look like gibberish in the subtitles).

I found the same with British horror movie Dog Soldiers. I swear there were 6 of the guys, like 7 got killed and there were four left, three more got killed and there were five left. Haha so odd.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 1:09:39 PM PDT
marky77 says:
Have you ever seen "White Chicks"? It's comedy btw not horror AT ALL (there isn't meant to be horror lol). It's one of my favourite ever movies but I have the same problem as you had with The Pact. The two lead characters are white and blonde and even after repeated viewings I find it very hard to tell which one is which.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 4:41:08 PM PDT
Gorgar says:
Jesus, Marky....maybe you need some spectacles! XD

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 5:30:55 PM PDT
marky77 says:
I mean when it's the two black guys in white drag lol. And HEY I WEAR CONTACTS :P

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 5:47:20 PM PDT
D. Sippel says:
marky - WHITE CHICKS???? I love a good comedy as much as the next person, but WHITE CHICKS looked so awful in the previews I didn't even make an effort to check it out. "Favourite ever movies"?? Is it actually funny or just so freakishly bad as to be fascinating. I like questionable 'comedies' such as FREDDY GOT FINGERED and ALI G INDAHOUSE, so maybe WHITE CHICKS is worth a gander?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 5:56:11 PM PDT
marky77 says:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! It's weird because the first 15 to 20 minutes are unfunny crap but I swear after that it is soooo good. If you Like Ali G, you will love White Chicks :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 7:12:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 7:13:05 PM PDT
D. Sippel says:
Up until White Chicks I maintained respect for the work of the multiple Wayans Brothers (and sister), so uh don't tell anyone, but uh yeah WC is now on my radar.

Hold on. Wait a second! Didn't you like The Devil Inside, or was it just the ending? Your credibility is high, so let me suss out this point and then make my final decision regarding seeking WC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 3:16:41 AM PDT
marky77 says:
Haha OMG thank you!
I actually, if I'm honest, my recollection of The Devil Inside is pretty vague, so it was probably kinda average, but I remember the ending and that, although it received criticism, personally I really liked it.

WC is odd because sooo many people raved about it so I tried to see it a few times and I found it made me cringe and was really not funny. A good friend INSISTED so I persevered and the first 15-20 mins aren't good, IMHO, but one they "become" the "White Chicks" it DRASTICALLY improves and gets SO awesome!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 3:22:59 AM PDT
marky77 says:
I actually hated the trailer, too, now I think of it haha.
IMO watch it and STICK WITH IT. It's slow to get good but once it does it's the ultimate movie that like...if you feel depressed or blah or you've had a bad day it REALLY cheers you up and allows you to have a laugh.

Also, it's one of those movies that never gets old. Like you can see it 20 times and it still makes you chuckle :)

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:56:34 PM PDT
D. Sippel says:
OK - I'm convinced, I am committed to seeing White Chicks in the near future. I am curious though why you liked the ending of THE DEVIL INSIDE. I didn't dislike it at all, it was one of the finer moments of a less than stellar film. Would you care to elucidate on what you liked about it?

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:29:56 PM PDT
K. Tosti says:
Check this out. You tube clip spoiler. And Trailer very good Italian Horror. Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzKUPPJCBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WytME8gJ8cA

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:18:55 AM PDT
marky77 says:
**SPOILER ALERT FOR "THE DEVIL INSIDE"**

I felt most of the movie was a bit "blah" like paused it a few times to make coffee or whatever because I was a little bored with it at times. I didn't think it added anything to the "demonic possession" or "found footage" subgenre's. However, the ending DID hold my attention and I enjoyed the last scenes. It was not a predictable type ending. I hate the lame ending the majority of "fake documentary" or "found footage" movies have and always feel (with the exception of [rec]) it is used as a cop-out and is a vary unsatisfying and lazy end but with The Devil Inside I smiled after and was like "hey, that ending was kinda cool". I mean it wasn't amazing or anything just different (in a good way) to what I expected.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 12:23:07 AM PDT
marky77 says:
5 seconds into that link I was grossed and therefor for sure will check that movie out ;)

Looks fun :) thanks for sharing.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 8:38:43 AM PDT
MattT says:
DEATH STOP HOLOCAUST '09 - yet another movie that doesn't live up to its awesome title. Great potential, great idea...but the dialogue between the 2 main girls was dull, plus whether they were happy or scared it felt like the same expression, the music score started out great like an homage to the horror score's of the 70's and 80's by the Italian band Goblin, but then when the music was supposed to be scary, it was just pure annoyance.

If I had cared about the characters that ending would have been as effective as I had read/heard.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 8:39:58 AM PDT
MattT says:
"I am committed to seeing White Chicks in the near future."

I would be committed before watching that movie again.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:33:37 AM PDT
Juzbyosef says:
I've tried to watch THE DEVIL INSIDE on multiple occasions over the past few weeks. I can never make it to the ending before falling asleep. I've already spent almost $30 renting it on ppv over and over again. The previews look great, and it starts out so interesting. I'm not sure at which point I fall asleep. Matter of fact, when I wake up I don't even remember I was watching it. That's why I keep mistakenly renting it over and over again.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:37:32 AM PDT
Juzbyosef says:
Take Shelter

I really like this movie. Of course, I fell asleep on it last night. But so far it's enjoyable. It's about a father and husband who's getting signs of an apocolyptic event approaching. Or is he just going crazy? I don't know yet, but I can hardly wait to get home and see the rest of the story. Very eerie and disturbing. It's onDemand on one of the premium channels.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 10:21:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 10:22:14 AM PDT
Greetings all.....

Has anyone seen "NIGHT WOLF"...It looks pretty interesting!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlwKMm0Re1Q

@ K Tosti...Am i going craZy or did those film clips not have any subtitles???

BTW...Has anyone seen D around lately???
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Horror forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important announcement from Amazon
193 Apr 22, 2015
What have you watched recently? 3044 9 hours ago
The Lounge 8124 9 hours ago
What Horror Book Are You Reading? 3481 15 hours ago
Free and/or Discounted Horror Books For Your Kindle! 1898 22 hours ago
Horror Tag Game 314 1 day ago
Ghost stories! 6 3 days ago
WHAT is the scariest book/story you ever read? 202 6 days ago
Nautical Horror 2 6 days ago
Night Gallery-The Doll 12 7 days ago
What's the name of that book? 0 Jun 17, 2016
Tony Todd (Candyman) interview 0 Jun 6, 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  Horror forum
Participants:  405
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions