Customer Discussions > Humor forum

Does anyone have any idea about these books series?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2013 6:07:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013 12:34:48 AM PST
C. Hall says:
A lady on another forum discussing funny books mentioned these but can't remember the name at all,so I'm hoping they will be familiar to someone. Older books about 10+ years ago.

Well this one featured a train station manager and his lackey on like the hottest day of the year, and they have this exspensive white persian cat dead in its cage .The story was a scream, they were trying to figure out what to do with this dead cat that they was supposed to have shipped, and the cat's terrifically exspensive and they are trying to figure out what the heck to do with it and why it dies ect. (picture one of those situational comedies).the train station manager asking his lackey..."are you sure it's dead?" you have to read it to get why it's so funny.

The first series of books where about these older women, around the time of the second world war, and they like to drink beer, they come up with all kinds of crazy schemes, they have this older man who helps out with their gardening and I want to say their junkyard. Not a lot of cursing as I can recall, but the older gals got up to some highjinks, and they were always going to dances and bars and raising money for the cause and just generally showing
that geriatrics have more fun..

I think both sound such fun,so I hope someone remembers them. :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Humor forum (267 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Humor forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions