Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Innovation forum

Teaching Innovation

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2009 4:45:33 AM PDT
I have developed a semester course in Business Innovation. If anyone is interested, please let me know at

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2009 6:50:23 AM PDT
I hope you are including a good dose of customer-led innovation! Do you have your curriculum posted anywhere??

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2009 6:59:14 AM PDT
Hi Patricia,

The Brinnovation methodology is a market driven approach to innovate on demand as fast as in real time. The class has been taught at Illinois Institute of Technology for over three years. We plan to roll out for business professionals in 30 days. If you like to receive the syllabus, please send me an email at praveen at accelper dot com.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2009 12:27:24 PM PDT
Hi, I´m very interested to know about your course on Business Innovation, I´m making research about innovation; I writing some about this.

Posted on Sep 16, 2009 12:30:17 PM PDT
Hello Praveen:

Can you send me your syllabus in order to check about your information about iinovation or the Brinnovation, this is the first time I know about this term, can you tell me what means Brinnovation?

My email is:

I wait for your reply

best regards

Posted on Nov 28, 2009 7:51:58 AM PST
Hello Praveen,

I'm very interested in your Brinnovation method methodology. In a previous post, dated April 29, 2009, you stated that you would be rolling it out to business professionals in 30 days. Have you done that yet and, if so, how can I receive information about it?

Best regards

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2009 8:01:20 AM PST

Here is the link to various programs offered by IIT.

BUSINESS INNOVATION in the 21st Century

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2009 8:04:11 AM PST

Here various programs including contents offered through IIT.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2009 10:58:33 AM PST

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Best, George

Posted on Nov 30, 2009 6:30:49 PM PST
Dan Keldsen says:
Praveen - the Business Innovation Certification looks interesting, is this a compressed version of a semester-long (or longer?) offering by IIT?

I suspect this may be complementary - as an alternative venue for education in innovation skills applicable to any industry, whether for-profit, government, non-profit, military, or others, my firm provides a 1-day Innovation Workshop which has been provided to over 5,000 business professionals - and which provides funding via a portion of the fees, to the largest kid-oriented creativity and innovation non-profit, Destination Imagination - which has served over 20 *million* kids in the 25 years of it's existence.

Further details on the adult/business-oriented workshop can be found at:

Organizations listed below have taken this workshop, in some cases, over a dozen times, as they have run courses again and again for new hires, expanding the core skills and attitudes within a department or across departments, and more.

Past clients of the Innovation Workshop:
State of Vermont - Office of Information and Innovation, Naval War College, Enterprise 2.0 Conference San Francisco, Velcro USA, Kellogg's, Univ of Tennessee Center for Executive Education, Fish & Richardson,, IBM Canada (Consulting Division), FedEx, Parker Hannifin (Aerospace), Performance Coaching, British Columbia Ministry of Employment & Income Assistance, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Eastman Chemical, Buckeye Industries, Deloitte (Canada), General Electric (GE), Hewlett-Packard (HP), Sun Microsystems, PepsiCo, Time Warner, Wells Fargo Bank, Lockheed Martin, US Navy, Dialogic, Oakridge Labs, Univ of Tennessee School of Business, Univ of Denver School of Business, Rice University School of Business, Methanex, Colorado Performance Excellence (Baldridge)

Happy to answer any questions about the workshop - and for the "lightning pitch" on the highlights of the course, see the presentation I made recently at an O'Reilly Ignite session:

Dan Keldsen
Strategic Advisor for Innovation
Information Architected, Inc.

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 6:19:28 PM PST
Worthwhile checking out as well
Robert's Rules of Innovation: A 10-Step Program for Corporate Survival

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2010 8:26:59 AM PST
Praveen, I'd be interested in seeing it partly because I'm an IIT grad (ChE 83) and just interested to see what IIT is doing in the area and partly because I just published a book titled Simplifying Innovation.
Your reply to Michael A. Dalton's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2010 8:36:18 AM PST
Hello Mike,

Congratulations for your new book! Maybe, we should trade a copy of our books if you are in Chicago. I am currently helpingin setting up a Center for Applied Innovation and Cognition Sciences. Let's hope it gets going soon. Love to catch up sometime. - Praveen Gupta,

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 7:47:29 AM PDT
John Harpur says:
I have looked at the impact of innovation policies on higher education ranging over the US and Europe in Innovation, Profit and the Common Good in Higher Education: The New Alchemy (Issues in Higher Education). Despite the thin evidence base for their success, mostly the policies are not for turning. The fact is, especially for Western governments fretting over unemployment, these policies are politically too convenient - and that contains its own risk. Governments, especially in Europe, have farmed put industrial development to universities and research labs that partner with industry. In the process, the public interest is sometimes honoured, often obscured and not infrequently trashed. Innovation in science and technology is necessary but increasingly we need to be more conscious of the political price being demanded for its support.

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 4:00:38 PM PST

John, I agree with you that most Government policies in western countries have focused on education in science, math, engineering and technology. However there is nothing new about this strategy. We are totally missing education in innovation. I believe learning innovation has become a necessity for faculty, students and professionals in order to be more intellectually engaged efficiently and effectively. We have developed curriculum for teaching science and engineering of innovation. However, it is a major paradigm shift for the most, and against the conventional wisdom of innovation considered to be an art. Good news is that more people, professionals, leaders and experts are accepting the fact that innovation is a learned skill. We are ready to teach anyone to learn how to innovate profitably.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2011 3:10:38 AM PDT
jaewun cho says:
My name is Dr. Jae-wun Cho who is teaching marketing at Ajou Univ. in Korea.
You will we appreciated if you let me have a chance to take a kook at your course syllabus and materuila.
Thans in advance.

Jae-Wun Cho
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Innovation forum (12 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Innovation forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions