Customer Discussions > Ipad forum

Kindle content on ipad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2010 5:24:05 AM PDT
Does anyone know for sure if the Kindle App will be allowed to work on the ipad?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2010 5:36:27 AM PDT
Kindle already has a Kindle app for the iphone. All Kindle apps supposedly work on the ipad because they run the same system. One would still purchase books from Amazon for the Kindle and then sync selected books to read on the iphone/ipad app. Amazon has also just created a Kindle app for reading Kindle books on the Mac. See "Manage your Kindle."

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 12:48:10 PM PDT
gypsy1 says:
Amazon has announce a Kindle app for the iPad, lets hope they actually release it tomorrow!

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 9:53:50 PM PDT
Spad says:
The Kindle app for the iPad has been up for a whlle now. It's waiting patiently, along with a dozen or so other HD apps, on my MBPro.

Posted on May 11, 2010 6:08:18 PM PDT
kindle app works well on my ipad, but the interface isn't the best. I need to delete samples and move completed books to the archive, but there is no apparent way to do so. I can load my books onto the ipad when I purchase them or through the manage your kindle interface, but don't see how to unload them. Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2010 8:51:23 PM PDT
foxtail_too says:
Peggy, just slide your finger across the title of the book in your Kindle app Home screen. A red Delete button will appear to the right of the title. Just tap there, and the book is moved to your archive. I don't know what will happen with samples (I mean, will they be moved to Archive or deleted), though, as I haven't tried that yet.

Kristi

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 3:44:18 PM PDT
spookiewon says:
Peggy, the iPad's Kindle interface is absolutely like all iPad apps. Part of the reason the iPad is so easy to use it that all apps are designed pretty much the same, as far as user interface goes. You delete a Kindle book just like you delete an email, and you move several Kindle books just like you'd move several emails. You slide your finger to call up a delete for a single item, or touch the EDIT key in the upper right corner to work with many at once. It works just like the Kindle app on the iPhone. In fact, as a Kindle owner as well as an iPad owner, I'm finding my Kindle books easier to manage on the iPad than the Kindle. If e-paper wasn't so easy on the eyes, I'd get rid of my Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 3:47:01 PM PDT
spookiewon says:
You don't need to sync them from your computer. Just have them sent to your iPad from "Manage Your Kindle." or access your online bookshelf from your iPad and download directly to iPad.

Posted on May 15, 2010 10:56:01 AM PDT
MasterMind says:
Yes and it works great for tech/how to manuals, Cookbooks, or other books with color and/or graphic content.

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 5:48:52 AM PST
joining the discussion

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 9:56:47 PM PST
Purrson says:
I just got my iPad last week, know I need to get a router for wifi, as not sure what the 3g mode costs, reluctant to use it or set it up.
I downloaded Kindle for my pc and then got 2 free books, tonight trying to move them to my ipad. (yes also got the kindle application on ipad.) BUT HOW TO get the books from my dell pc kindle application to my ipad, appreciate any help as this is my first apple device Have done sync a few times with ipad and itunes

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2010 5:23:19 AM PST
yes it's great..now i can read with it lit up..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2010 11:11:52 AM PST
gypsy1 says:
You need to go to the app store and get the Kindle app. The first time you open it, it will ask you to register the device, once that's done, all your Kindle books will be in the archives

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2010 1:33:35 PM PST
yes! it works beautifully - I just downloaded it on my brand new Ipad and it pulled in all the books that I had on my Kindle and appears to have synced with the book I was reading.

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 3:25:28 AM PST
I to have had great success with the kindle for IPAD app!!! Love it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2011 7:42:46 PM PST
spookiewon says:
Works great. In fact, Kindle books on iPad have more functionality that either Kindle books on Kindle OR iBooks books on iPad. Kindle's iPad app is absolutely gorgeous.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2011 8:54:35 AM PST
B. Long says:
YES! And I have it on my iPad too. I also just went to my kindle account on amazon and sent a dozen of my books from my Kindle Library to my iPad. Get the Kindle App at the App Store on your iPad. Then you could go to the Kindle Store from your Kindle App. Buy from your iPad OR send all or some of your Kindle books to your iPad. I hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Ipad forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions