Customer Discussions > Islam forum

Ex-Muslims... Why ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 540 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 11:35:15 AM PDT
Domenico says:
'' Bookish? Do you know of any such person? Heck, you're the expert here. Besides, this is a thread on ex-Muslims, and the most ex-Muslim is a dead Muslim.''

"Ex" means Dead in Islamic Dictionary That's why they have the "islamic Peace" .... in their mind, I must add :)

Looks like Bookish /TigerBlood Adonis realized something lately... the more Muslims talk about Mohammed /Islam/ Virgins... etc.... the worst it gets for them. Dah!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 8:42:39 AM PDT
\\Victor Stenger is the man you need to go to if you want to know contemporary physics. And he's a militant atheist. His disproofs of the existence of the Judaeo-Christian-Islamic transcendent God are the final word.\\

Don't cut yourself.

There is no proof that God does not exist. The only final word seems to be that you and Victor reject logic.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 3:32:12 PM PDT
libloon2 says:
Bookish says: //There is no proof that God does not exist. The only final word seems to be that you and Victor reject logic.//

Correct me if I am wrong. (I see myself as the initiate, (uneducated and somewhat simple minded), but I'm thinking that the ONE WHO POSITS a belief, (says it is so) is the one who has to prove his assertion, NOT the one who denies this (whatever) belief.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 8:04:07 PM PDT
\\ I'm thinking that the ONE WHO POSITS a belief, (says it is so) is the one who has to prove his assertion\\

Prove your assertion then. You people supposedly have the final word!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 10:13:25 PM PDT
libloon2 says:
Do you even REALIZE that you are demonstrating "HOW you THINK"?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 9:57:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 25, 2012 9:58:29 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 11:54:47 AM PDT
Sorry, you haven't read Stenger, so you're no judge at all. Typical -- giving negative reviews of books you haven't read. Besides -- if a statement contradicts itself or the evidence, then it's self-refuting anyway. Theologians, sadly, wish to pretend otherwise -- that's how they keep their paychecks coming in. THAT'S LOGIC.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 12:11:06 PM PDT
Domenico says:
No idea why my post was deleted by pointing to the obvious - I will try again:

"Very well said Libloon2 !
The tragedy is that Muslims 000kill000 people who refuse to join them in their abberated normalcy !

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 9:04:42 AM PDT
Dom's right --now that you've demonstrated that you know even less about philosophy or science than you do about you're own religion, please cut out your cheesy Deepak Chopra imitation and get back to topic.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 9:07:04 AM PDT
THANK YOU. Hitchens' Law: "What can be asserted without proof can be denied without proof." Of course, its been difficult to convince Bookish of this, because he violates Hitchens' law on a daily basis.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 9:14:54 AM PDT
What assertion? That the man who makes the assertion has to provide evidence???? That needs evidence? What the %^&$*&^%$ are you talking about??? This is the first post you've put here in a while, Bookish, that has me laughing so hard I'm literally crying.

On the other hand, if you want to have a serious discussion concerning the existence of God, the Religion Forum will provide you with many. If you wish, I CAN post an extended one here, if the others don't mind, just to get the matter out of the way. I'd rather not be intrusive, though. What say, gents?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 9:17:22 AM PDT
BTW to Dom: Trade Winds Traveller has shown up in another forum, with questions you may be able to answer. I invited her to stop by here, if you don't mind. She's a VERY nice lady, and SUCH a pleasant break from Bookish.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 10:37:59 AM PDT
Domenico says:
Thanks! I like her too.
I don't understand her reasoning as much as I would like but I do like her. It shows to me that even very bright people can step on it... Another Amazon discussion? Which one?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 8:57:44 AM PDT
The Robert Spencer forum under "The Politically Incorrect Guide ..." and the thread on alternate books. Mr. Fhaidh showed up there and bombastcated a bit, and I was a bit leery of giving you the address for fear that Bookish would traipse along after us and poison that forum too, but what the heck. If he does, we can ignore him.

Very bright people can sometimes be more idealistic and empathetic then critical and analytic -- and that's okay, as long as they don't get themselves in crisis situations. We can't all be Richard Dawkins.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 1:15:23 PM PDT
Bookish,
Atheists are not positing a belief, they are doubting your belief. But you can never prove the existance of God. Religion is a matter of faith, and thus can't be proven. Unlike your coreligionists, most of us are perfectly willing to let believers believe, and doubters doubt. We will all find out the truth when we die and not a moment sooner. And if there is a God, I believe that the members of your religion who enslave, torture and kill members of other faiths will find the afterlife a pretty miserable place.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 6:13:19 PM PDT
libloon2 says:
Richard M. Smith says: //Bookish, Atheists are not positing a belief, they are doubting your belief.//

AMEN! How many times do I have to SAY it?

(But Boorish has another thread. About his being very Anti-Semitist on this ( another) thread. Could this be what really animates him?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 6:32:22 PM PDT
Domenico says:
Wait to see when God will ask them...
"WHY and how dare you attribute such monstruosities to ME ??"

and Muslims will answer... "Mohammed made us do it ... "

"Didn't I endow you with a brain above all animals among my creation ..." Etc, Etc. :))))

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 6:15:56 PM PDT
\\haven't read Stenger, so you're no judge at all\\

Think for yourself. You can't prove or disprove some things.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 6:18:10 PM PDT
\\Hitchens' Law\\

Why follow a drunken fool neocon? The law caught up with him naturally, though I personally don't know what he thought at the end.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 6:21:42 PM PDT
\\And if there is a God, I believe that the members of your religion who enslave, torture and kill members of other faiths will find the afterlife a pretty miserable place.\\

That seems fair, and it's not limited to members of any particular religion.

BTW, no one can prove the assertion that God does not exist.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 6:36:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2012 6:37:59 PM PDT
libloon2 says:
Bookish says: BTW, no one can prove the assertion that God does not exist.

We went over this before. The person who says that something is so, is the person upon providing the truth that it is so, NOT the one who says they don't know, or denies that YOU lack the proof that it is so.

Did you know that an invisible elf turns out the light in my refrigerator when I close the door?
PROVE that its NOT SO!

It's called the lack of need to prove a negative. We've said this before.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 9:32:34 PM PDT
Domenico says:
LOLOLOL ! I can prove it Libloon2 .

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 1:06:51 PM PDT
Bookish,
That's what I said, religion is a matter of faith, not provable fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 5:22:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 5:24:01 PM PDT
\\That's what I said, religion is a matter of faith, not provable fact.\\

Atheism is also is a matter of faith.

Agnostics lack gnosis but will find conviction later!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 12:03:38 AM PDT
Domenico says:
No kidding !
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Islam forum (342 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Islam forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  540
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2011
Latest post:  May 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions