Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Japan forum

Japanese incense sticks ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2009 4:49:06 AM PDT
Too much choice in Japanese incense it has been weeks that I am browsing online. Anyone care to mention their favorite japanese incense sticks ? Besides amazon where else do you buy online ?

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 9:31:10 PM PDT
Crazy Fox says:
I generally find Morning Star/Nippon Kodo to be reliable. Classy without being too fancy. A good standard "everyday" incense.
Morning Star Incense - 12 Fragrance Assortment

For something a little finer, I go with anything by Shoyeido. Among incense available in the U.S., these have a scent that reminds me the most of those I remember from Japan.
Kyoto Cherry Blossoms (Kyo-zakura) - Shoyeido Daily Incense - 35 Stick Box

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 2:55:23 AM PDT
jonnycash11 says:
I will second the person who posted before me--Morning Star is a good choice. It seems popular with overseas Japanese living in the U.S., as well as some of the overseas Chinese I know.

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 4:17:29 PM PDT
Nippon Kodo Ka Fuh Aqua.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 9:59:33 AM PDT
Tomakin says:
I have tried well over 100 different ones and it really depends on what you like. Personally, I have found the Nippon Kodos (especially the Morning Star line) to be more modern based with strong tendency to focus on oils. Baieido is really good for traditional wood aromas and most of their incense have an underlying scent of camphor. Shoyeido has some blends that are a little more powdery or sweet with hints of cinammon, benzoin, cloves, frankincense etc., but very good if you like that style. Daihatsu is excellent for incense that is reminiscent of a perfume. For a good inexpensive (under $10.00 for a large box) all around incense, I use Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh and highly recommend it (it is a green sandalwood with a slighty minty oriental motif). For something a little higher in quality, I like Shunkodo Ka cho fu getsu (a spicy unique oriental scent)!
Your reply to Tomakin's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 10:40:06 AM PDT
Zen Wave says:
I'm a fan of two brands: Shoyeido

and Baieido

I order off of the above weblinks. Great posts above from folks obviously well knowledgeable on osenko :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2010 10:11:38 AM PDT
Abe, Fumie says:@This website has Japanuese items from Food to furniture! also incense stick: check it out!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Japan forum (13 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Japan forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 29, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions