Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Judaism forum

Jewish Unity 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 10, 2012 12:31:00 PM PDT
Uncle Pinky says:
It only took 14 weeks to fill up JU2.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:36:53 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
You mean we didn't solve the problem with the first 2 threads?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:38:52 PM PDT
Yep, we are clearly a bunch of problem solvers!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:41:30 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
LOL!

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 2:37:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 2:46:55 PM PDT
This is extremely important and needs to be recognized for what it is worth.KYNN is the antagonist that sety me off and no apology was forth coming and then she had to lie about having heard of my rantings towards Jews before.She may be Jewish but she is also a liar but with Bibi a world wide recognized prevaricator she is in good company.

Omnireader says:
Liars!
Arrogance! Hubris: They names be KNYN/jeff!

Jan 19, 2012 8:31:35 AM PST
KNYN says:
Omni,

You are making up slanderous non-sense. There is a reason for going to the Chicago Beit Din. It was a course of action that was determined to be for the best, by both my local Orthodox rabbi, and me. My circumstances are a bit unusual, and we need a couple of decisions from a beit din, that will be respected pretty much throughout the orthodox world, and by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel-- that means Chicago.

Please mind you own business, Reform proselyte. You don't know what you are running your mouth about, and it doesn't concern you, anyway. You are maliciously slandering me, and no one wants to listen to your non-sense.

Jan 19, 2012 10:33:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012 10:34:56 AM PST
jeffesq613 says:
I understand the need to defend yourself against libel. Maybe you should just say, "That's a lie" and leave it at that. Most of us know that you have some unique questions that require specialized attention from a respected Beit Din and that Omni's assumption that all knowledge of any particular halakhic topic can be obtained by reading generalities on a website is a product of her own lack of any real Jewish education or ability to read or access important halakhic resources, coupled with her arrogance and hubris.

And yes the Jeffites did vote off YBA's post in censorship of his excellent observations.I voted yes to make it 2 of 7 to make it reappear.KYNN has a tissy fit that he reported Jews to the goyim.Talk about racists language.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/judaism/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg396?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3GH4KC0VK3SAS&cdPage=396&cdThread=Tx2LCNZ3FH5NQ47

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 3:13:43 PM PDT
C. Gramze says:
I think there is a sentence that could be put to good use in this thread and forum: "I understand your logic and point, but I still disagree." Too often we seem to be talking AT each other, not acknowledging the points made by others. No fingers being pointed here, I am just as guilty as the next person. But I think a conscious effort to acknowledge understanding without agreement could work miracles in here.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 3:18:09 PM PDT
Uncle Pinky says:
Ah-YUP!!

Avoiding ad hominem attacks will make for a pleasant communal experience as well.

Remember: nobody is forcing you to press the Post button.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 3:28:31 PM PDT
Well, sundown is only about three hours away, and I dislike getting mired down in something this negative, so close to Shabbas. But I need to respond to this.

Dickerson has been spamming discussions in the History Forum and sometimes in the Judaism Forum, as well, with antisemitic copy and pastes. He has been antagonizing Jews this way, for several months. Dickerson was doing this, the first time that I recall meeting him.

A couple of weeks ago, Dickerson claimed that it was something that I wrote, quite some time ago, that turned him into the hateful antisemite that he is. I told him that I don't recall meeting him until after he had been engaged in his antisemitism, and that I had heard of Dickie the Antisemite long before meeting him. I asked him to produce what I had written, that had turned him into a hateful antisemite, or to at least tell me what I had written, that could have made him hate Jews so much.

If there is any truth to what he is saying, I would like to know about it. I would really like to know what I could have written, that would turn a man into a hateful antisemite. If I really did that, I would like to whole heartedly apologize for it, and ask Dickerson to forgive me, or at least forgive other Jews, and only be mad at me.

So far, Dickerson has refused to tell me what I wrote, that turned him into an antisemite. Instead, he has called me a liar. Apparently, it offends him even more, that I don't remember him, and he is outraged that I don't remember turning him into an antisemite, in my diabolical rhetorical laboratory, where I have people read things, that cause them to transform into perverse antisemitic creatures.

I'm sorry, Dickerson. I don't remember you. Please tell me what I wrote, that did this to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 3:35:43 PM PDT
Uncle Pinky says:
Larry is a long-time Jew-hater.
There is nothing that you could have said or done to turn him this way.
There is no need for you to apologize to anyone for Larry's actions.
He makes the decision to be a Jew-hater every time he hits Post.

Have a great Shabbos and erase him from your consciousness.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 3:38:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 3:40:46 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
Still blaming other people for your anti-Semitism, Dickerson? BTW, Omni's post did not prove that KNYN lied. There was nothing in that post that indicated that KNYN was turned down by the Bet Din. Omni has a tendency to not understand what she reads and make accusations against other people based on her misreadings.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 3:54:15 PM PDT
Thanks, Uncle Pinky. You and Mrs. B have a wonderful Shabbos, as well!!

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 4:16:46 PM PDT
C. Gramze says:
Shabbat approaches here, too. I have most of my cleaning and prep done, but now it is time to put the candles into the candleholders and set out the matches. A good Shabbat to all!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 5:52:52 PM PDT
Susanna says:
ROFL re your diabolical rhetorical laboratory! Priceless.

However, Dickie was an antisemite before he ever bumped into the Amazon fora with its plethora of Jews upon whom to prey.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 1:40:39 PM PDT
Omnireader says:
I wasn't going to post this here unless somebody referenced it.

jeff, as usual, is the one who likes to start things then gets all huffy if called to account.

Omnireader says:
The professional help you need is beyond that available on Earth.

Are you that incapable of understanding what she wrote and you replied to? I guess so. Your lies are obvious.

She is on her own path. I respect that. It would be good if she had the ability to respect others. I hope somewhere along the line she receives that bit of wisdom. In the interim, both of you need to get help in how you treat others.

Pretending to be superior just underlines the fact that you have howling depths of insecurity and little self esteem. The real self-esteem not the phony kind where you admire yourselves but don't value others.

Since it is easy to prove your lies, I don't expect much from you. I used to expect more, but due to your ridiculous posts I expect less and less. Which you are happy to provide apparently.

Now on to other items:
Her other post is where she said that she had been turned down, that she was reapplying and didn't know if the new request would be honored.

Now it is clear from her later posts she has decided that she will go with the decision of one rabbi, instead of the Beth Din, which is made up of three rabbis.

I expect you both to be much more civil to all of us who are not halachically Orthodox according to you.
As we have seen those values are VERY mutable within the Orthodox community. It depends on who you can get on your side. Not the law you trumpet but a popularity contest.

We will see what will transpire regarding your search for civility.

Here are the original insult laden posts by both of you. They were easy to find. I have lots more along these lines saved.

You make me laugh at your pomposity and overweening weenieness.
(definition Weenieness = quality of being a weenie, see also putz)

[Jan 19, 2012 8:31:35 AM PST
KNYN says:
Omni,

You are making up slanderous non-sense. There is a reason for going to the Chicago Beit Din. It was a course of action that was determined to be for the best, by both my local Orthodox rabbi, and me. My circumstances are a bit unusual, and we need a couple of decisions from a beit din, that will be respected pretty much throughout the orthodox world, and by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel-- that means Chicago.

Please mind you own business, Reform proselyte. You don't know what you are running your mouth about, and it doesn't concern you, anyway. You are maliciously slandering me, and no one wants to listen to your non-sense.

Jan 19, 2012 10:33:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012 10:34:56 AM PST
jeffesq613 says:

I understand the need to defend yourself against libel. Maybe you should just say, "That's a lie" and leave it at that. Most of us know that you have some unique questions that require specialized attention from a respected Beit Din and that Omni's assumption that all knowledge of any particular halakhic topic can be obtained by reading generalities on a website is a product of her own lack of any real Jewish education or ability to read or access important halakhic resources, coupled with her arrogance and hubris.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 6:45:25 PM PDT
Balok says:
@C. Gramze:

> I think there is a sentence that could be put to good use in this thread and forum: "I understand
> your logic and point, but I still disagree."

I look forward to the day that you post that instead of accusing someone who makes a logical argument that disagrees with you of not knowing what he is talking about or of attacking you personally.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 6:49:34 PM PDT
Balok says:
In answer to two posts from Jeff that appeared in the now closed part 2 --

1. The frozen glatt kosher meat that I buy (on those rare occasions when I buy it) is salted before it is frozen, at least according to the label.

2. What percentage of ordained Orthodox rabbis have had any instruction in psychology or counseling?

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 6:51:53 PM PDT
C. Gramze says:
I hope everybody had a good Shabbat, and returns here with peace in their soul.

I was just reading Judaism's Great Debates: Timeless Controversies from Abraham to Herzl by rabbi Barry Schwartz - I think it was free Kindle download when I got it. Early in it he quotes the Talmud, Eruvin 13b, about the necessity for opposing opinions. "...both are the words of the living G-d..." It seems well to me to remember this, that Hashem wants us to debate so that the truth can be found.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 6:59:20 PM PDT
Omnireader says:
Works for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:05:26 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
1. Thank you. Just to be clear, my question was only about the product that is sold in Israel that you were describing, not about what you yourself buy.

2. I have no idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:08:37 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
I don't mean to be argumentative, but the point of that Gemara is that when the Sages of the Talmud disputed matters of halakhah, both sides represented something acceptable to G-d. This cannot be extrapolated to disputes where one or both sides of a dispute is/are not a great Torah Sage.

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 7:21:36 PM PDT
C. Gramze says:
Jeff says: I don't mean to be argumentative, but the point of that Gemara is that when the Sages of the Talmud disputed matters of halakhah, both sides represented something acceptable to G-d. This cannot be extrapolated to disputes where one or both sides of a dispute is/are not a great Torah Sage.

CGramze says: You have a delete button. If you use it then you, at least, will not be party to the petty bickering which has already started. I posted something both conciliatory and uplifting, and you felt the need to defecate on it and me.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:22:01 PM PDT
Omnireader says:
There are no great Torah Sages here, jeff.

Therefore we can argue as we will.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:23:14 PM PDT
Omnireader says:
Thank you for your link.

:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:29:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2012 7:35:58 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
I'm sensitive to the misrepresentation of Talmudic teachings. That one in particular has been abused repeatedly in this Forum by people mjistaking the Talmud for saying something it clearly was not.

I find it ironic that you posted something about the necessity of opposing opinions, yet when I disagreed with what you posted, your responsed angrily and suggested that I should delete my post.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 7:30:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2012 7:37:36 PM PDT
jeffesq613 says:
I agree. There are no great Torah Sages posting here, so there's no way that anyone here can claim that his/her personal opinions are "Divrei Elokim Chayim".
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Judaism forum (978 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Judaism forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 10, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions