Ajq said > Lots of stuff...
1) Yes, we can be made perfect, but only after we're dead. Small detail to leave out, I know. And I kind of think this lines up with Judaic thought as well, though I would (really) appreciate it if someone would clarify that for me. We cannot be perfect while we are wearing flesh (ie: alive).
2) The judgement of the "sheeps and goats" is a specific judgement based on a single criteria - how people treated Jesus' brothers and sisters (ie: the Jews). As such, it is generally viewed to be a judgement of the Gentiles - either individually or as 'nations'
3) "God saw that it was GOOD". Not "Woot! God saw that it was PERFECT." Ok, the Woot! probably doesn't fit, but the text does say good, not perfect (unless my translations are all wrong and the Hebrew really does mean perfect - again, clarification from someone who can read the Hebrew would be appreciated).
4) Re: your quote of :28 above... "God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient..." Just from what I have observed from this forum - Getting up early to go to Torah readings to be sure to say the names of the sick, just to pick one example, doesn't exactly strike me as "convenient". If I went down the list of 613 commandments, I'm sure I can find more than a couple that are not "convenient" as well.
5) When you talk about Messiah "liberating creation", don't forget that first he will do so with a sword, causing rivers of blood (literally) to flow as he slaughters Israel's enemies and reclaims the Promised Land for the Children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob [In fact, all that blood is what will re-fertilize the ground and turn the Holy Land back into a land "flowing with milk and honey]. Then he will ultimately blow this heaven and earth away and create a new creation for people to live in. (Hope nobody screws that one up).
6) Why do I feel the need to defend Christianity's teachings on a Judaic forum... (just a note for myself, really)
Recent discussions in the Judaism forum (951 discussions)
|Non Jew Trying To Learn In This Forum||3227||11 minutes ago|
|Ezekiel 20:25. Strangest verse in Tanakh?||99||1 hour ago|
|Do they call him Jesus because they don't want to get him mixed up with the Jewish God?||17||6 hours ago|
|Troll alert!||128||22 hours ago|
|The Cherubim||989||23 hours ago|
|What are you grateful for today?||130||1 day ago|
|The Joy of Shabbat||25||2 days ago|
|Parshot Poems||59||2 days ago|
|The Akedah: The Binding of Isaac||10||7 days ago|
|Humor thread!||82||24 days ago|
|A question to the Jewish atheist||161||Jun 17, 2015|
|Why do the Judaism discussions seem to fade away?||106||Jun 10, 2015|