Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Judaism forum

Chief Rabbinate Council in Israel question.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 224 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2010 10:50:51 AM PST
anne says:
Here's what Wiki has regarding the members of the Chief Rabbinate Council in Israel currently:

Ashkenazi representatives:
Rabbi Yaakov Shapira (Rosh Yeshiva Mercaz HaRav), no Wiki page
Rabbi Yitzchak Dovid Grossman (Chief Rabbi of Migdal HaEmek) ), light-skinned, born in Jerusalem
Rabbi Yosef Glicksburg (Chief Rabbi of Giv'atayim), no Wiki page
Rabbi Yaakov Rojza (Neighbourhood rabbi in Bat Yam / ZAKA), no Wiki page
Rabbi Yitzhak Ralbag (former chairman of Jerusalem Rabbinate council), no Wiki page

Sephardi representatives
Rabbi Shimon Elituv (Chief Rabbi of Mateh Binyamin Regional Council), no Wiki page
Rabbi Avraham Yosef (Chief Rabbi of Holon), no pic, no birth info
Rabbi Ratzon Arusi (Chief Rabbi of Kiryat Ono), no Wiki page
Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu (Chief Rabbi of Safed), no pic, no birth info
Rabbi Yitzhak Peretz (Chief Rabbi of Raanana), there are 2 pages for this person, one born in 1936 and the other 1938. One is dead, the other shows alive. No pic for either, one was born in Casablanca, Morocco

five permanent members on the council:
The Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi (Yona Metzger), light-skinned, birth info not on Wiki
The Sephardi Chief Rabbi (Shlomo Amar), no pic, born in Casablanca, Morocco
Chief Rabbi of Tel Aviv (Yisrael Meir Lau), light-skinned, born in Poland
Chief Rabbi of Haifa (Shlomo Chelouche), no Wiki page
Chief Rabbi of Beersheba (Yehuda Deri), no Wiki page

Does anyone know who the current Chief Rabbi of Raanana is?

Can anyone tell me where I can find pics and birth info for those Wiki doesn't have?

Then Wiki can include these very important men in their offering.

Also, does anyone know which "type" of Jew each of these men are? That would be important to be included. Out of Karaite, Messianic, Orthodox, Reformed, Conservative, Reconstructionist, and Humanistic, etc.

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 5:09:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2010 5:09:59 PM PST
Sam says:
Can I ask why this information is important?
Curious

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 5:15:48 PM PST
anne says:
Sam,
Who said it was important?

I'm just curious. Why doesn't Wiki have more complete information than this about the Jewish version of the Vatican? Check out all the info about the current pope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_XVI
It even includes a copy of his signature!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 5:18:10 PM PST
Sarah says:
anne's other posts show she thinks there's a Jewish Vatican, a world council of boss Jews all the Jews in the world turn to like Catholics to the Pope, except she thinks it's got delegates from different denominations. Just as if the Catholic Vatican ruled all the world's Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Maronites, etc.

anne, in short, is a clown.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 5:45:25 PM PST
Sarah says:
FOR READERS' CONVENIENCE, COPIED FROM "YOU DON'T LOOK...." THREAD:

anne: ... I invite you, too, (I already issued the invitation to Sarah on another thread) to contribute to my thread having to do with the Rabbinate Council in Israel.

Being such important men, there's an awful lot of information missing from the Wiki pages about them. Jewish people know all about them, tho, right? They're like the Pope for Catholics, and everybody knows all about the Pope, not just Catholics. So I'd like to know about the top men for Judaism.

Sarah: The what?

All right, joke's over. "anne" is a gang of frat boys paying a prank, right? They found the term "Rabbinate Council" as a group of rabbis in Israel and now they are pretending it's a world-wide authority and more than that, all Jewish people know all about it. It's just as famous among Jews as the Pope is among Catholics. Yeah, right.

Hanalah said "anne" is a group of people. The group must be young and bored and mischievous. Nice prank, but some Gentiles may in all innocence take this silliness seriously and think something approximately equivalent to a national council of Baptist churches for theological issues in one country is really a world-wide, Pope-like institution exercising vast authority over all Jews. Gentiles who don't know any better might accept this comic-book idea and think all Jews must know about this imaginary world-wide nonexistent authority.

Gentiles, or as Steven Colbert would say, "Nation!" This "anne" has invented a Jewish Vatican. It is a product of her / their own feverish imagination or that of somebody on whom "she" relies. So what else does this Jewish Vatican do? Do they meet at midnight in a cemetery to plot world domination, like the characters in the nineteenth century novella, Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

Medieval anti-Semites used to say Jews were children of the devil and had horns. I bet anne's Jewish Vatican does a horn check at all the bar mitzvahs to make sure everybody's horns are growing in properly.

Then, you must have heard that Jews run the banks and the media. The Jewish Vatican has all the stock certificates in the World Jewish Super Bank and all the world's 14 million Jews gather in the banquet hall once a year to vote on which country they'll take over next, just before dining in a secret ritual on Christian blood in the Secret Jewish Vatican Annual Comic Book Passover, after which we all put on our masks and capes and fly out of there using our Secret Satanic Powers.
----

anne: Sarah, Is the Wiki page incorrect? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Rabbinate_of_Israel "The Chief Rabbinate of Israel ... is the supreme Jewish religious governing body in the state of Israel."

Sarah: It is just about local Jewish theology in that country. You have completely misinterpreted it.

Do Christian, Jewish and Muslim clergy in different countries have councils to deal with their own country's theological issues for their respective religions? Yes.

Do Israeli rabbis have some kind of World Jewish Vatican that rules Jews all over the world? No. Don't be an idiot.

Do Jews in other countries know anything about the council of rabbis in Israel or care what they think? No. I never even heard of them until you posted your Big Question.

I can understand your interest in science fiction and fantasy, but why invent comic book scenarios about us? Why are you so obsessed with Jews? Why don't you make up fairy tales about a World Council of Unitarians or a Chief Priesthood of Worldwide Lapsed Hindus instead?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 7:01:01 PM PST
anne says:
Sarah wrote " I never even heard of them until you posted..."

Israel will be unhappy to hear there are Jews who don't know about their homeland.

May I take your response to another thread, please?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 9:02:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2010 9:02:29 PM PST
Sarah says:
Sarah wrote " I never even heard of them until you posted..."

anne: Israel will be unhappy to hear there are Jews who don't know about their homeland.

May I take your response to another thread, please?

Sarah: No, if I want my words disseminated, I'll take care of it. If I want them misrepresented as "not knowing about my homeland" I'll be sure to call on you.

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 2:19:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2010 4:23:48 AM PST
Adrian says:
So this is the organization that would probably speak with Elijah and do what God would say through Elijah. The one that learns to lead people of Old Law should understand that some prophecies may become true. But so far there is no Temple so since my understanding is that Elijah will not come until Temple is built, there is some time left.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 6:28:56 AM PST
anne says:
Adrian wrote "this is the organization that would probably speak with Elijah..."

anne: If that's true, I suggest you let Wikipedia know. That information is not on the page, and that's an important fact.

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 7:12:25 AM PST
A. Caplan says:
Sarah,

FWI, we moved from NYC to rural Florida when I was a child (the same year the Dodgers left Brooklyn). Many of the kids I met wanted to feel my horns. They had never met a Jew before.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 10:29:28 AM PST
Sarah says:
Adrian wrote "this is the organization that would probably speak with Elijah..."

anne: If that's true, I suggest you let Wikipedia know. That information is not on the page, and that's an important fact.

Sarah: anne thinks Adrian, a Christian evangelist, is an authority on Jewish theology? Let's see, I've already called her a clown, an idiot, and a gang of drunken frat boys. What's left? Idiotic clownish frat boys?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 10:34:27 AM PST
Sarah says:
Alexander Caplan, Sarah, FWI, we moved from NYC to rural Florida when I was a child (the same year the Dodgers left Brooklyn). Many of the kids I met wanted to feel my horns. They had never met a Jew before.

Sarah: A Christian woman on a Chicago train, years ago, asked to see my cousin's horns when she saw he was wearing a yarmulkeh and she guessed he must be Jewish.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 10:45:12 AM PST
anne says:
Sarah,

So is there anything incorrect on the Wiki page for the Chief Rabbinate of Israel? You know so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 10:56:39 AM PST
Sarah says:
anne: Sarah, So is there anything incorrect on the Wiki page for the Chief Rabbinate of Israel? You know so much.

Sarah: anne, is there anything correct in your bizarre interpretation of the Wiki page? No.

BTW, the UK also has a chief rabbi and a central authority for UK Jews. The Israelis follow the British model, since Israel used to be a British territory. That doesn't mean the chief rabbi in England or Israel has anything to do with us here in America or Jewish communities in Japan or Nigeria. Or maybe you think that every time a country has a chief rabbi all the Jews in all the other countries have to obey that country's chief rabbi.

Americans don't have a chief rabbi, but we have councils in each denomination instead. Councils, not authorities we have to obey. I know you are not capable of understanding any of this, since you have already made up your "mind," but perhaps I can keep some innocent person from being misled into thinking there's a Jewish Vatican acting as a world council for all the world's Jews.

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 11:04:26 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 22, 2010 11:10:11 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 11:10:47 AM PST
Sarah says:
Maybe now anne can go back to worrying about what color Jewish people's skins are, or maybe she'll find some new obsession about Jews.

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 11:12:14 AM PST
Sam says:
We don't have a centralized authority in Judaism.

I belong to two beit dins one in Israel and one in the US. These rabbis are probably never heard of outside of our community.

The people that anne mentioned in Israel I have never heard of. Plus the Israeli rabbinate, has no jurisdiction over the communities that I belong too. I will like to keep it that way.

The Israeli Rabbinate is controlled by the State of Israel, which causes them to compromise often the Torah, Hence they are not casher in my eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 11:13:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2010 11:19:25 AM PST
Sarah says:
If you will look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Rabbi, you will find that many, many cities and countries have chief rabbis. Amazon just deleted my post, but you can find it for yourself. They list dozens of Chief Rabbis in dozens of cities and countries and they explain why America doesn't have one while so many other countries do.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 11:19:03 AM PST
Sarah says:
Sam: The Israeli Rabbinate is controlled by the State of Israel, which causes them to compromise often the Torah, Hence they are not casher in my eyes.

Sarah: Hm, well if you don't follow their rulings, maybe the imaginary Jewish Vatican is located in the UK, with their Chief Rabbi. Or one of the other dozens of countries on several continents that have chief rabbis (or that had them before the Holocaust destroyed their communities). Maybe they are all Jewish Vaticans with Central Authority over all The World's Jews.

Every day I get the email from all the Chief Rabbis all over the world and have to sort through so I can start following all the hundreds of orders. It's so tiring, but you know how it is when you've got all those secret Jewish outfits operating to control the world's Jews. By secret, I mean most of the world's Jews have never so much as heard of them.

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 12:28:13 PM PST
A. Caplan says:
"anne: Israel will be unhappy to hear there are Jews who don't know about their homeland."
I know quite a bit about my homeland. It's called the United States of America.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 2:02:49 PM PST
anne says:
Alexander,

Of course if you were born in the U.S., your nationality is American. But if you were born by a Jewish mother, Israel considers you Jewish, and the Jewish homeland is Israel, birthplace of your religion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 4:51:27 PM PST
Sarah says:
"anne: Israel will be unhappy to hear there are Jews who don't know about their homeland."

Alexander: I know quite a bit about my homeland. It's called the United States of America.

Sarah: So you think you can define your own homeland without anne's help? What nerve! From now on, when you want to describe yourself, your allegiances, affiliations, or identification, you must consult anne. If there is any defining or identifying to be done, she is the sole authority.

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 4:52:10 PM PST
Sarah says:
anne thinks Judaism is a religion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 5:58:49 PM PST
anne says:
Sarah,

Not only do I think Judaism is a religion, but my source confirms it:

"Judaism is a monotheistic religion . . ." - Wiki

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 10:43:58 PM PST
jaime says:
There are NO Reform Jews on the list
There are NO Conservative or Reconstructionist Jews on the list.
"Messianic Jews" are not Jews and certainly have no rabbis.
There are no yeshivas to train "messianic rabbis".
So-called "messianic rabbis" are not rabbis at all.
Maybe they are Christian ministers.
I don't know what they are, but their ignorance of anything Jewish demonstrates that they are something other than rabbis.

So of course the board has no "messianic" representatives.
"Messianic" means "non-Jewish".

Don't bother mentioning that Christians lie about them and call them rabbis. Christians can ordain ministers. They can't ordain rabbis.

Karaites are not recognized as Jews either, by the way.

What is "humanistic"?

The only rabbis on that board are Orthodox.

And the only thing they have authority over is orthodox Jews in Israel.

Not even Orthodox Jews in Rome.

‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Judaism forum (968 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Judaism forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  Feb 21, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions