Customer Discussions > K-cups forum

K-Cup similar to Peets Major Dickason's Blend?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2008 5:42:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2008 2:01:17 PM PDT
Reba Jackson says:
Update to post on June 22nd - For any of you who are also Major Dickason's fans, I ordered Timothy's World Coffee, Extra-Bold Rainforest Espresso and it is now my coffee of choice for the Keurig. It's very similar to Major Dickason's and I have to say I like it just as well. I actually like it better than trying to use the Major Dickasons' with the My K-Cup in the Keurig. If you like Major Ds, give Timothys' Rainforest Espresso a try.

I recently purchased the Keurig B70 and love it. But I'm missing my favorite coffee, Peets Major Dickason's Blend. I know I can use my own coffee with the My K-Cup but it's so messy and time consuming to fill. And the coffee doesn't taste quite the same. I'm wondering if there are any other Major Dickason's lovers out there that have discovered a K-Cup that is similar in flavor?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2008 7:48:27 AM PDT
Kathy Grace says:
You might also try the Emeril's Big Easy Bold K-cups. They are very full-bodied, with chocolatey undertones.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2009 9:06:51 AM PST
a reader says:
Thank you! I just bought a Keurig for convenience, but am sad to be leaving my Maj. D. behind. I'll be checking out the Rainforest Espresso. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2009 8:57:00 PM PST
Valerie says:
I found and am really enjoying Green Mountain's Dark Magic Extra Bold. Peet's Major Dickason blend is my favorite coffee and this is very similar.

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 11:08:35 PM PST
has anyone tried www.My-Kap.com ? Basically it allows you to use any coffee by re-using k-cups with a KAP. You can buy 2,5,9,or 18 KAPS and prefill with you fav blend ... It is different than the Keurig K-Cup Reuseable Coffee Filter

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 11:09:00 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 21, 2009 11:09:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 7:50:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jul 4, 2010 3:16:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 7:52:16 PM PST
Linda B. says:
I followed a suggestion on another thread to make my Peet's with my Keurig. It worked fantastically! Take an empty k cup, remove filter/coffee. Take a sharp scissor and cut the flat rim off; leave the vertical part full sized if possible. Push this into the my k cup holder. Put your metal filter, filled with tamped down Peet's, into this plastic insert you just made (which means you now have metal basket inside plastic k cup piece inside my k cup holder). It keeps the water from flowing through quickly and you get a really strong brew =). You only need to cut one, it's permanent. Give it a try...

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 12:05:48 PM PDT
Uncle Bear says:
I, too, am a Peet's fan. I contacted them on their web page and suggested they add Peet's k-cups. They responded they are considering it, but want to make sure the process retains their coffee flavor. They also mentioned they would need to find a good partner. Bottom line: If you are a Peet's fan, you might try sending them an online message to let them know there are potential customers out there.

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 6:41:41 AM PDT
Just brilliant, Linda B. I just tried your suggestion of cutting a disposable k-cup and it worked like a charm. A note to others who try it - make sure to cut off completely the top lip of the k-cup ( otherwise the screw part of the filter won't close - I kept trying to save as much height but finally got it). Very exciting to make the coffee flow slower this way and have a stronger cup of coffee.
Anyone figured out how many refills one gets from a # of coffee? or; how much they are using in the permanent filter so it can be figured out. I would like to compare with the .45 -.55 price for the disposables - which I hate the thought of using regularly because of the waste/use of plastic and the cost.....
I have a Capresso grind and brew for making large amounts of coffee thus I buy whole coffee beans. Wondering how many are going back to the little elec. hand held grinders to grind their beans for using their permanent filters vs buying some ground coffee such as Peet's..... I have trouble getting the grind right in those small grinders. Would love some other's comments/suggestions on what they are doing/finding out works best for them.
Again, just brilliant idea about cutting the little filter to fit the disposable basket in! Thank you for sharing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 9:46:00 AM PDT
Linda B. says:
Glad it worked for you. Just recently I tried the GM Double Black Diamond k cup and I have to admit, I have not used Peet's since. This will now be my go-to coffee until Peets makes a k cup. It's deeply strong with no bitter aftertaste. If you get a chance to sample it, you may be surprised!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 3:07:30 PM PDT
Thank you for the recommendation of the GM Double Black Diamond - have not seen it around but maybe can order thru Amazo....I am looking at trying different kinds. I am a newbie with the K-cups and was hoping to be able to pick up a large pkg Costco or BJ's that was good, but not great selection. They had a Coffee Poeple Donut Shop Blend - I was tempted to buy it, because of some of many good reviews, worried it might be like Dunkin Donuts coffee which is way too weak for me. Have you tried? Tully's French and Kona extra Bold that came with a sampler were decent some of the others were too wishy washy. Have you tried any of the Coffee People coffee's if so which and how did you like? Thanks for getting back to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 3:14:50 PM PDT
Linda B. says:
Hi. I think I have tried pretty much everything but the new Wolfgang Puck kcups. In order of my preference, it's (1) GM DBD, GM Dark Magic (medium roast extra bold), Emeril's, Coffee People Black Tiger, GM Sumatra extra bold. I am not crazy about CP Wake Up Call or Jet Fuel; they lack complexity in flavor. Black Tiger isn't so much of a one-note coffee taste. Emeril's is just a good decent cup of coffee, strong although not the strongest. However, all the above I make using 6.5 ounces of water. I have the mini keurig and I just pour from a measuring cup into the water cavity. I really like my coffee strong :P Not a Donut Shop lover; too bland and weak. Hey did you register your Keurig on their website to take advantage of the super cheap k cups? First time your register, you get 2 boxes free with two purchased and free shipping. Comes out to around 26 cents each. Amazing deal. Don't order the kinds you can get from Amazon subscribe and save, go for the more expensive harder to get stuff.

Posted on Jul 4, 2010 8:08:41 PM PDT
Thanks for the terrific reply. Will add the GM DBD to my order from Keuring as well as trying the Vienna Roast and French Roast by Wolfgang Puck.... BTW, I had forgotten to register my coffee pot, so thanks for reminding me. I've been trying to register but keep getting an error message when I put i my serial number. Will call when they open, prob. Tuesday. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2011 9:05:59 PM PST
AB says:
This is simple just buy a solofill. Search for it on Amazon.com. I put my Peet's coffee in it and it tastes wonderful. Better than any k-cup

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 12:35:11 AM PST
Country Girl says:
The "my-kaps" sold on Amazon are a great solution for those who want to reuse their cups with Peets or another favorite that is not available for the Keurig yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2011 8:57:51 PM PST
Jax Mom says:
If you use the "my-Kaps", do you also need to buy filters to go with these?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2011 6:03:34 PM PDT
Rob says:
JustKups.com offers the largest selection of single serve Keurig brand K-Cup Coffee & Tea 50 Packs as well as Keurig Brewers. Shop our large inventory with free K Cups shipping. www.JustKups.com

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 7:54:29 PM PDT
Larry says:
heard from Peets today (April 18, 2013) that Major Dickason will be available in K cups in May. Hooray!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013 3:46:56 PM PDT
Uncle Bear says:
Great new! Will there be an announcement?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2013 1:29:47 PM PDT
S. Garland says:
Peets is out with their own K cups now! I just ordered them on-line.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2013 12:23:14 PM PDT
D. Jenkins says:
Peet's now has Major Dickason's Blend as a K-Cup. They started selling it at my local Peet's last Wednesday.

Posted on May 15, 2013 11:17:20 AM PDT
D. Butt says:
i got my Peets Major Dickinson blend K-cup. I have to say, a little disappointed with the flavors, it is just not that strong. I need to try it with a smaller cup size to see how it taste. My Keurig has a few cup size, and I used 9.25oz

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 5:31:03 AM PST
It's amazing with 8 ounces.
best K cup I ever tried.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  K-cups forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions