Customer Discussions > Kindle Accessory forum

Charger Question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2012 4:50:29 AM PDT
S. Hayward says:
I have a Kindle Touch, will the power adapter fit the 2nd Gen Kindle Fire or the Kindle Paperwhite?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 8:39:13 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
It will fit both. The Fire needs a 1.8A charger to do a fast charge. The Kindle Touch charger is only .8A so it will charge the Fire more slowly. It will work fine on the Kindle Paperwhite.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 7:41:39 AM PDT
D. J. Ihrig says:
Can I use my apple wall adapter with my Kindle Fire USB cable to charge Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:23:46 AM PST
Cotton Socks says:
Providing it outputs enough Amps otherwise it may take many many hours. You need a minimum OUTPUT of about 1.2-Amps or 6-Watts. (Amps x Volts = Watts) and the Volts will/should always be 5-vdc for a USB-plug charger.

If it is more than 1.2-Amps (or 6-Watts) all the better, the faster it will charge.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 1:48:38 PM PST
Karon says:
can i leave the charger own all night.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 1:53:29 PM PST
Karon says:
how long can you leave the charger own.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 4:53:53 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
Karon, this is not chat, there is no reason to repeat your question. Yes, you can leave it on all night.

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 7:52:48 AM PDT
Wendy says:
can I leave my charger on during use and most of the time and only take it off once in a while

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 8:09:39 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Wendy: if you look at the latest post column on the home page for this forum you'll notice that the frequency of posts is about one every two or three days. It is a VERY slow forum with an extremely low level of participation. You'll get a much better response to your questions in the very active, official Kindle Help Forum here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_bc_thread

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 4:41:55 AM PDT
Howard S. says:
do all kindles have identical size ports for charging (i.e. do I need a new power cord if I am replacing a 3 year old kindle to a new paperwhite?)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 6:09:00 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
See my post immediately above yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2013 1:48:45 AM PDT
Wendy says:
who cares, answer the friggin question if you can. the post above it did not address my question and is vague
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Accessory forum (808 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Accessory forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Oct 6, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions