Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Kindle Accessory forum

Sharing books between 2 Kindles on different accounts

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 299 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 9:51:36 AM PDT
JP says:
Have you and someone else on your account been reading the same book at the same time? Does the kindle save the page your on device and a different page on the others kindle or will it push the most recent page number to all devices?

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 10:37:31 AM PDT
Peggy Oliver says:
My husband and I have read the same book at the same time on different devices. I only had one experience when this resulted in the device being out of sync with my previously read page. I keep my "Wireless" feature turned off all of the time to conserve battery so it is rarely possible for me to sync pages between devices. When I leave the house and want to just take my iPhone, I turn the "Wireless" feature on for a minute so I can sync the iPhone app to what I am reading, then I turn the "Wireless" feature off again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 4:01:47 PM PDT
L L. says:
Just make sure the sync feature is turned off . I turned mine off on amazon and keep wireless off also. Then it will save your page on hyour device and the otehr person will get their own page saved also

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 6:45:22 PM PDT
Peggy Oliver says:
But if you turn off the sync feature on Amazon wouldn't you then have difficulty syncing pages on one book if you were reading that same book on more than one device? The only way my iPhone will sync to my Kindle and vice versa is only after I have turned on the wireless feature on the Kindle. If you only use one device there would be no reason not to turn off the sync, but I really like to be able to read a few pages if I am stuck somewhere. I do not always carry my Kindle, but I always have my iPhone.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 11:33:24 PM PDT
i just bought my sister a kindle..Can i lend her books if we are on seperate accounts?

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 9:22:41 AM PDT
Peggy Oliver says:
Some books can be loaned once for a period of two weeks, but the publisher determines if a book is eligible for lending. Almost none of my books are eligible to be loaned. Using your computer go to your archives. I think if you click on the book title it will identify the book if it can be loaned. If you see nothing it means the book is not eligible for the lending program.

You can share books between accounts by de-registering from your account and re-registering under your sister's account and your sister can do the same. When you are on your sister's account you can load any of the books on her archive to your Kindle. The books you get from your sister's account will never be stored in your archives, but you can keep them on your Kindle, and she can do the same thing with any books in your archive if she de-registers and re-registers.

You can also put both of your Kindles on the same account, establish payment with two different credit cards, and each of you can order books and pay for them yourselves. All the books you order will be contained in one archive. If you do this, however, you have to change the one-click ordering feature of the Kindle every time you order a book.

I find the de-register and re-register procedure to be easier.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 12:16:31 PM PDT
annabelle11 says:
Yes. I recently received my kindle that belonged to my boyfriend's father. He willed it to me after his death (He knew how much I loved to read!). I de-registered his account and put in my account information and I still have his books on the kindle. It very easy to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 4:09:33 PM PDT
Cocinero says:
Amazon told me every time you deregister a Kindle you lose all the books on it.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 5:02:42 PM PDT
how do i change the 1 click buying so that then my sister and i can share an account. So she can buy her's with her own money? but if I deregister everytime will we lose our books? Can we share books if we are own the same account?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 12:21:35 AM PDT
Soozie3201 says:
It is such a pity that people don't read all the previous posts before they post another dumb question or comment. ALL the questions have been asked and answered in the past 81 posts!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 7:20:42 AM PDT
L L. says:
Not true. You lose the access to those books if you delete them , but they do not leave your kindle unless you delete them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 7:21:58 AM PDT
L L. says:
YOu CAN"T change the 1 click buying, that's how digital purchases have to be paid for. If she wants to buy a book with her own money, have her buy it on amazon from her own account and gift it to yours. Yes you can share all the books and you do not lose them if you deregister, you just lose access to download them again if you delete them.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 8:19:31 AM PDT
Peggy Oliver says:
L Leverton is right. You cannot change the one-click feature. What I intended to communicate was that you have to go to your account with Amazon and put in a different credit card to be used with the One Click. I have changed these credit cards around several times, but it is obnoxious and you have to be sure you are using the right card.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 10:42:29 AM PDT
You can change the one-click feature by going to Manage Kindle. It is a bit of a pain but it does work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2011 7:24:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 19, 2011 7:25:29 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 9:59:35 PM PDT
A. Jeffreys says:
Isn't there someway to plug one kindle into another one and share a book that way?

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 4:12:00 AM PDT
L L. says:
No, you can't , books have to be downloaded to each kindle separately .

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 9:26:16 AM PDT
Marcia Reisman writes: Is it possible to download e-books from the public library to the Kindle through the computer?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 11:41:31 AM PDT
I'd like an answer to this question also. Where do I go to get it

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 2:09:12 PM PDT
L L. says:
It has been answered repeatedly. THe answer is YES.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 12:41:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 7, 2011 12:46:41 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 12:45:45 PM PDT
Janine Asmus says:
I purchased 4 Kindles for my family and they are registered under the same Amazon account. Is it possible for all of us to read the same book purchased from Amazon at the same time without losing someones page? I have shared the titles with all 4 of the devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 1:49:17 PM PST
psunlion says:
I believe you can by turning off wisper sync...what will happen is that each devise will have its own bookmark for that book. the disadvantage of this is that if you turn this off then your bookmark will not be maintained if you use multiple devices...for example if you use your kindle and also want to red on your iphone

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 1:56:07 PM PST
psunlion says:
yes...i have a new Kindle Fire...here is what I did:
went to my local library
they have 7500 kindle books
use the library site to select the book you want and pick checkout period (on mine it was 7 or 14 days)
once selected, it will send you to Amazon site to download the book
after the period it will delete the book from your kindle or you can return it it by going to your pc and visiting the kindle support site...manage your kindle under books...for library books there is a return pulldown
if you placed notes on this book it will store them in the cloud so if you come back to buy the book your notes will still be there.
when you

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 7:42:51 PM PST
I have 12 kindle's on my account. Turn off the synch and let everyone that has downloaded the book read the book from where they started it. Most of the kindles on my account have somewhat similar reading habits, but only 6 of them can download a book at one time. If someone really needs to read a book, you can temporarily remove it from one device and download it to the one that really wants it. I have grandchildren, children, wife, son in law, and me on one account. And I'm the librarian and keeper of the books - ie Amazon account authority. So, they have to come thru me to access any new books they want! Ultimate power ! Almost just kidding - but we have 1400 books in our archives for them to download. Wish I could devise a way to assign ratings to the books so that they would be more age appropriate - ;-(
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Accessory forum (823 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Accessory forum
Participants:  128
Total posts:  299
Initial post:  May 12, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers

Search Customer Discussions