Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle Accessory forum

Sharing books between 2 Kindles on different accounts

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 299 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 6:43:02 PM PST
send her a kindle gift card.... works great --- can do on line

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 10:23:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 10:25:16 AM PST
A. Dietz says:
C. Doyle: I think there are several ways to do this. What worked for me was to take the pictures I wanted on my Kindle Keyboard and put them in a zip file. (Mine are named "Family Pics.zip") I copied the zip file from my laptop to the documents folder on the Kindle Keyboard with a USB cable. When you do that, the name of the zip file appears as a "book" on your kindle. (So my "book" is called "Family Pics.") When you open it, the pictures display like the pages of a book, you can page forward and backward through the "pages."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 10:50:37 AM PST
C. Doyle says:
thanks for that will have a go.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 11:01:18 AM PST
yes you can and also you can download Calibre and use it to transfer your books to pass on very easy program to use

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:42:17 PM PST
Scoop says:
where do I get calibre? How does it work?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 2:45:58 PM PST
R. Rousseau says:
Turn off the online sync, otherwise each kindle will update the other by page number while you are both reading the same book. Or just say no if it asks you to jump to the last page read.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 12:42:27 AM PST
Can I send a book to another kindle into their document folder?can they read it?sorry I have teethingprblems in figuring this all lutanists can I send a book ihave read to anther persons e-mail?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 5:06:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2012 5:09:32 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
W. Koos-rideer: You can loan some books one time only, ever, for 14 days. Most Kindle books are not lending enabled. (This is determined by the publisher, not by Amazon.) To see if a book is lending enabled, go to the Mange Your Kindle page on http://amazon.com. To the right of the book you want to loan, click on the actions box. If the book is lendable, the pop-up box will have a selection that says "loan this title." If it's not lendable, that won't show up. Click on "lend this title" and enter your friend's e-mail address. That person will receive an e-mail about how to get the book. They have 7 days to respond to the e-mail, and 14 days to read the book once they accept the loan.

You can not just "send" (or copy) a Kindle book to another Kindle device from your Kindle. Kindle books are DRM protected and are coded to your specific device, they won't work on any other device.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 11:53:25 AM PST
Go to "Manage My Kindle" page, all your books will be listed. Hover your mouse over the the "actions" button on the far right side. There will be a drop down menu - if the book is lendable that option will be in the menu.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:33:12 AM PST
My hubby bought my kindle for me. I have a question maybe someone can answer. Some times when i down load a book I don't get it. More less i can't read it the cover downloads, but that is all. What can I do to stop this or is it just that the book is not up load on amazon right?

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 8:33:19 PM PST
SoCalGal says:
what do i do with all the books i have bought and read on my kindle fire? can i send them to my friends who have a kindle or nook and how would i go about doing this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 10:04:25 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
No, you can't share books with people on different accounts. You might be able to loan some of your books one time only, ever, for 14 days. to see if you can loan a book, go to the manage Your Kindle page on http://amazon.com, click on "actions" next to the title you want to loan. If one of the options in the pop-up box is "loan this title," you can loan it. If you don't see that, you can't loan it. These policies are set by the publishers, not by Amazon.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 8:40:26 PM PST
Missy D says:
Help....please... I am trying to loan a book (that I have loaned before) but I do not get the option to loan this book again . When I click the action drop down its asking if I want to download, etc... it does not let me loan... does anyone know why or what to do... thanks in advance

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 9:02:56 PM PST
Missy D says:
Ok...I see the answer. You can only loan a book once. Is that all books or does it depend on the publisher?

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:01:21 AM PDT
scr says:
So if I want to share my books and my friend has a kindle fire we deregister her kindle fire reregester to my account and sh can download my book to her kindle...an visa verse with hers? Correct?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 7:35:27 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
scr, if you do that with a Kindle Fire it will erase everything on the Fire each time you deregister/register it. Only the e-Ink Kindles retain the books during this process.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 11:31:15 AM PDT
yes, if they are registered to the same account. my droidx account, my kindle and my husband's droidx are all registered to the same account. In fact, you wouldn't want to be reading the same book. If your books synch to furthest read point all devices would be on the same page.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 2:42:18 PM PDT
scr says:
hi and thanks for that tip...do not want that to happen really like my kindle a lot and would not like to loose my stuff..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 6:46:11 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
I hate it when my stuff is loose.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 10:34:08 AM PDT
scr says:
check to make sure the download is to the kindle and not the cloud...also any problems willl be taken care with a call to customer service they will call u back and help u take care of any problems..go into the tools and hit more tap help and feedback the top has a contack customer service....good luck scr

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 11:37:57 AM PDT
If your daughter is fiercely independent, why is it still your problem what she can and cannot read on her kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 11:26:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 22, 2012 11:27:50 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 11:08:56 AM PDT
George A, I have a Kindle and an account with Amazon, I just ordered a Kindle for my wife on the same account , If she registers her Kindle on my account and buys a book will the book automatically download on both Kindles? Or do you have to do something else? Thanks , George A

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 5:54:52 AM PDT
P. King says:
If I de-register and re-register under my husbands account will I loose books I have purchased and downloaded to my kindle? I do not have a Prime account, it is under my husband and I don't really want to pay for two accounts.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:53:58 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
George, books bought from a Kindle are downloaded to that Kindle and are available to the other Kindles on the account in the archives to download. If the book is bought online at http://amazon.com, it's delivered to the device specified in the "deliver to" box right below the "Buy Now" button. This is generally the e-Ink Kindle that's listed first alphabetically in your account. Again, the book will be available to download from the archives to all devices registered to the account. You can't automatically have books downloaded to multiple devices.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Accessory forum (824 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Accessory forum
Participants:  128
Total posts:  299
Initial post:  May 12, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers

Search Customer Discussions