Customer Discussions > Kindle Accessory forum

Watching movies etc from TV with Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2011 6:17:26 AM PST
Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to be able to watch movies etc from my tv? I have the kindle fire and am pretty confused as to what add-on I need for my tv. I have a Panasonic 42", Viera, class 1080p Plasma HDTV, model TC-P42U2, if that helps. Thank you!

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 8:13:50 AM PST
D. Robertson says:
I would like to know if this is possible also. There is a USB micro port, but I don't know if it will support a HDMI adaptor.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 1:39:47 PM PST
L. Leverton says:
It is not possible. The micro port is just to transfer media from your computer to your fire and to charge it. IT does not host support any type of outgoing connection.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 9:00:28 PM PST
4chihuahuas says:
Do you have a blu ray player so you can cconnect to the internet on your tv? If you do you can access amazon without your kindle. I signed up for one year amazon prime membership and now can see a lot of movies on amazon free as a prime member. It is cheaper than netflix which is now 17.00 a month to pay amazons annual price of 79.00 for movies, videos, news stand, etc, and you can still build or access your library on tv too. So if you don't have internet access on your tv right now a blu ray player is needed to the best of my knowledge and they are cheaper than a lot of other comlicated devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 9:04:11 PM PST
4chihuahuas says:
Not sure what your question is but I ran the hdmi cable directly from my router to blu ray player to access internet or other devices i want to use that accept hdmi plug in. sorry if this reply isn't about what you meant

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 4:25:47 AM PST
L. Leverton says:
Netflix is NOT 17 a month unless you are getting dvd's in teh mail which amazon has. YOu cannot compare that. I pay 7.99 a month for unlimited streaming. THey have many more shows and I like paying monthly instead of a huge yearly charge. You can also buy a media streaming box. I ran the ethernet cable from my router to the back of my tv and just turned the internet on to watch netfix on to see if it would work. We use our wii to stream it with.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 6:06:53 AM PST
D. Robertson says:
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 6:13:53 PM PDT
Joe Garrett says:
Got it. Thank you. I thought it might save some money to download to my fire, connect to the tv, then watch it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Accessory forum (816 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Deleting PDF files from Kindle Fire 38 2 days ago
Transfer pictures to the Fire 26 3 days ago
can you add memory to Kindle Fire? 140 6 days ago
Kindle battery 26 13 days ago
kindle won't turn off 211 14 days ago
Kindle 2 complication 8 16 days ago
De-synchronization 0 27 days ago
did not receive book ordered on kindle 16 Mar 12, 2015
Kindle charger doesn't work 73 Mar 11, 2015
Sharing Books 1 Feb 22, 2015
How long does it take to download book via 3G? 13 Feb 22, 2015
Protecting a kindle paperwhite from sand 0 Feb 19, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Accessory forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions