Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 10:36:24 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2012 1:20:01 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:48:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 10:48:40 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
You shouldn't post at all.

Amazon's rules:http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help

"What Shouldn't I Post"

What shouldn't I post? (The last line applies to you.)

Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party. Please treat the Amazon.com community with respect. Do not post:

Profane or obscene, inflammatory or spiteful comments
Messages that abuse, denigrate or threaten others
Text or articles written by someone else, even with attribution for the author, except for brief quotations from a book, article or other product related to the discussion
Any personal information about children under 13
Descriptions that intrude on the privacy of another person, including revealing personally identifiable information such as their name or address
Text that promotes illegal or immoral conduct
Repeated posts that make the same point excessively
Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other customers or participants
Repeated posts that promote an item in the Amazon.com catalog

**** Any form of "spam," including advertisements, contests, or other solicitations for other websites or companies; or any URL link that includes a "referrer" tag or affiliate code. ****

DL

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:13:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 11:17:43 AM PST
Irish reader says:
DL isn't entirely correct, Brittany - authors/publishers can promote in that over-crowded bearpit called MOA (see link below).

If your idea of heaven is attending a salesmen's convention in which all the aforesaid salesmen try to sell each other Health Insurance, then I heartily recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 11:16:55 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
No - any post (anywhere on Amazon fora) that promotes other sales organizations, web sites, etc. is not allowed. That is why I posted the guidelines rather than the prohibition of self-promotion.

A "publisher" listing their offerings is different than an author promoting his book and the latter is what is intended for the MOA forum.

DL

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:19:26 AM PST
Irish reader says:
I stand corrected!

This means your authors will have to promote themselves in the MOA, Brittany. Don't expect to get rich off the proceeds of THAT particular strategy any time in the near future.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:21:54 AM PST
Thank you very much for your help.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 7:40:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2013 7:40:49 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions