Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Kindle Book Transfer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 10:52:43 PM PST
Louis Jones says:
I have had a kindle.. I bought a newer Kindle version.. I would like to transfer some books from Kindle to Kindle.. Is This Possible??

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:33:03 AM PST
Kribu says:
You cannot transfer books directly from one Kindle to another Kindle.

Once you have registered your Kindle on your account (the same account that you've used with the first Kindle), you have several options.

For any books that you've bought from Amazon, you can go to Your Account -> Manage Your Kindle and from there, choose the books and then from the little Actions menu, select Deliver to my... and pick the name of your new Kindle. (The new Kindle must have an active network connection, WiFi or 3G, to send the books like that. If you don't have easy access to wireless network, choose Download and Transfer via USB and then pick the name of the new Kindle you wish to transfer the books to; then connect the Kindle to your computer and transfer the newly downloaded files.)

You can also download the books on the new Kindle itself. Depending on which model you have, it may be called the Cloud - in which case connect your Kindle to a WiFi network, open the Cloud on the Kindle and from there, download any books you want to have on the Kindle itself.

If you had any books you did not buy from Amazon, locate them on your computer (or if needed, download again from the shop/site where you got them) and transfer to the Kindle from your computer (either via USB cable or via e-mail or via the free Send to Kindle app that you can download from Amazon).

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:01:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 6:03:22 AM PST
This question is usually asked at least twice a day at the Kindle Forum. This is the Kindle BOOK Forum. The Kindle Book Forum exists to post spam about a book entitled "The Devil's Necktie" by John Lansing. Questions about the device and how it operates usually go to the Kindle Forum. Oh, and it's traditional on the Kindle Forum that you never tell anyone which Kindle you might be inquiring about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:09:24 AM PST
LOL and ouch, Mr. Kelly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:06:16 PM PST
G. says:
As long as it is on the SAME account, you have access to all of the books you bought. I have 7 kindles on my account (I have 3, my kids have 2, my husband has 1 and my Dad has another). There is a finite amount of licensure share on each book you bought. If you only have two kindles, and they are on the same account, then the books should be available for both.

I have one kindle for work, one for home, and a Fire for streaming vids. With all of my kindles in my family, I have never had any problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:20:53 PM PST
Scamp says:
>>The Kindle Book Forum exists to post spam about a book entitled "The Devil's Necktie" by John Lansing. <<

ROFL!

>>Oh, and it's traditional on the Kindle Forum that you never tell anyone which Kindle you might be inquiring about. <<

**snort**

(Give me warning next time you plan to be funny, k? I almost choked on my water.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:08:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:11:30 PM PST
edfan says:
Louis, it's not necessary. All the contents you've purchased from Amazon are accessible to any Kindle you buy, the same way you accessed it originally.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 11:25:02 AM PST
Louis Jones says:
I appreciate ininfo.. You answered ed me, I listened and sovlve my problem.. Who is John Lansing?

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:50:40 PM PST
John Lansing? He's the author of "The Devil's Necktie" and has a huge extended family.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions