The Good Thriller Cafe

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 130 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 3:58:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:00:39 PM PST
Cphe says:
Hello and Welcome,

I know that I'm not the only one who enjoys a good thriller so,

This thread is for readers who have come across excellent bargain "thrillers" and want to share with other like minded readers.

It is a place to discuss wonderful thriller books that you have found and want to share, or you may have come across a publishing house that has bargain thrillers.

Please post your recommendations. I know there are other readers like me who hate to miss out on a bargain and you might find something that you didn't know about.

Please feel free to post the gems that you have found. Stop in and have a coffee and a chat.

But please no self promotion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:05:52 PM PST
I'm probably going to sound really stupid here but here goes:
A lot of the books I read could fall under several different genres. Many of them (to me) could easily be listed as a thriller, although they're usually not. Could you or someone else give me some examples of thrillers? And do they have to specifically be classed as a "thriller" to count here?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:25:25 PM PST
Cphe says:
Hi Lil Devil,

I once asked that same question on the thriller forum and have included the link to the replies I received.

I love my thriller and mystery books, and find (for me at least)some books are more than a mystery, have a wider scope. It's also interesting that amazon classes them into the same category.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/thriller/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2QR0B8FFJIDUZ&cdThread=Tx2BM0V2CCC7KVA

Lil Devil if you have a book that you consider to be a thriller then please post. There are books that I have read that I would like to share on the MLC but don't fall into the criteria.
This thread is for those books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:34:39 PM PST
Thanks Cphe. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can sometimes get a little confused about some of the genres.
I will definately post any books here that I believe could be considered a thriller, regardless of what Amazon classed it.
I'm going to check out your link now. Who knows, maybe I'll even learn something. : )

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:49:10 PM PST
Susan Solin says:
I haven't read it yet but I think 11/22/63 would qualify and wanted to let you know it's only $3.99 today.

I just finished Heart-Shaped Box which I would classify as a cross between thriller and horror. I got it for $2.99 2 weeks ago. I had a hard time putting it down.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:54:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:56:29 PM PST
Cphe says:
Where the Devil Can't Go (Kiszka and Kershaw Book 1)

I thought this was excellent and certainly well priced (I paid more for my copy a while ago)
Interesting characters and setting, and Polish history.
Well worth a look at.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:58:49 PM PST
Cphe says:
Thank you Susan - I have 11/22/63 in my TBR pile.

But that sure looks a bargain price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:23:17 PM PST
Scamp says:
Nice thread, Cphe. I guess I'll have to save this forum in my favorites to follow this thread ... and the mystery thread. I kind of stopped contributing, but I'll try and do that again. Your threads rock! :)

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:59:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 10:15:33 PM PST
I just purchased a thriller/mystery written by a SPA. After reading the book description & the reviews, I was intrigued.
Once I finish reading it and if (hopefully) I really enjoy it, I'll edit my post here saying so.... I'll also post it on the "Indies Worth Reading" thread.

Faith Creation: All Lies Revealed by Christine Dougherty - ($3.99)
Free for Prime Members

These first 2 lines in the book description grabbed me:
Faith was three the first time her twin sister died.
The second time, she was ten.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:44:31 AM PST
Cphe says:
The Ice Cage - A Scandinavian Crime Thriller set in the Nordic Winter (The Baltic Trilogy Book 1)

Is free today - it is a Scandinavian thriller for those who are interested.
I quite enjoyed this and it has certainly down in price and well worth a look at.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:53:19 PM PST
Betty says:
Thanks for telling us about Ice Cage--I enjoyed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:44:36 PM PST
Cphe says:
Thanks for posting bantibus.

When I first saw the book the reviews were very mixed and I was in two minds whether to read it.....but I'm glad that I did because I enjoyed it.

Please come back and post any other "good thrillers" that you find.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:27:08 AM PST
'Jack' by Maureen Naisbitt was a good quick read, very fast paced almost script like in its qualities and best of all it's Free for boxing day at least

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:56:43 AM PST
Rose P in PV says:
Although not on sale now, The Informationist - A Vanessa Michael Munroe novel, by Taylor Stevens wowed me. I checked it out through the library. Am listening to the second in the series, The Innocent, also from the public library.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:28:02 AM PST
JOJO says:
Her new one is due shortly.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:36:33 PM PST
Vertical Run is an excellent example of a "Thriller". It isn't dirt cheap but it won't kill anyone to buy it.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:56:55 AM PST
Susan Solin says:
Run by Blake Crouch was a really good, fast paced thriller and is only $3.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:37:00 AM PST
Cphe says:
Susan, I second your recommendation for Run.

I thought it was a very entertaining read.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:49:38 AM PST
I third it. Run was fun! :)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:48:18 AM PST
In all of the discussion threads I'm sure this book has been recommended by many. However, it's free for Kindle today.

Red Light

If a person hasn't read T. Jefferson Parker, I highly recommend his earlier work. I lost interest later on when he carried the Charlie Hood series a couple of books too far, but that's me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:31:52 PM PST
Cphe says:
Thanks JD - Unfortunately it's not available to Australian customers.
I've always wanted to read Parker's books.
I guess I'll just have to wait until they are made available.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 3:41:33 PM PST
Good evening. (Waving at Cphe). Being a little slow on the uptake, I just found this thread. From Poisoned Pen Press Big Wheat: A Tale of Bindlestiffs and Blood by Richard A. Thompson is currently available for 99 cents.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 4:07:39 PM PST
Cphe says:
Good on you MRR

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 1:23:33 PM PST
Cphe says:
Okay - this isn't quite a thriller but the reviews are not wrong on this one.

It you want a story that is "different"....and packs an emotional wallop

Injured Reserves (Kindle Single)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:02:50 PM PST
Free today for Kindle The Complete Sherlock Holmes.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes

Also, I second Cphe's rec. of Injured Reserves. I read it last night.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  130
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions