Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Best Book Ever Read Kindle or NonKindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2012 8:28:35 PM PDT
I really like books but lately I've been disappointed with books I've read. They are good, just not GOOD. I read all and any genres. I just want a book I wont want to ever put down. HELP PLEASE

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:37:29 PM PDT
Hi Chelsea.
Stephen King is being talked about quite a bit right now. Have you ever read any of his books? If not, I would recommend you start with my favorite....

The Stand.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:52:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 8:53:19 PM PDT
Sandy says:
Highly recommend reason to breath... you will not want to put down.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:54:57 PM PDT
lil devil.
i read 11.22.63 and got really bored. It was too slow. I read IT and a couple other popular ones. Was thinking about under the Dome next

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:58:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 9:02:30 PM PDT
Arual says:
I can't stop thinking about Edward, Edward: A Part of His Story And Of History 1795-1816 Set Out In Three Parts In This Form Of A New-Old Picaresque Romance That Is Also A Study in Grace by Lolah Burford. I read it about once a year. A tough, wrenching read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 9:04:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 10:32:23 PM PDT
Well, if Stephen King doesn't really appeal to you, then how about:

Here Be Sexist Vampires by Suzanne Wright - (it's only $1.50)

It's a well written paranormal, full of action, humor & great characters. It gives a whole different take on vampires too, interesting I thought. I loved the book & can't wait for part 2.

ETA: Wright's a very talented SPA

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:03:57 PM PDT
C. Mayer says:
Have you ever read John Steinbeck's Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday? I couldnt put them down. The Help I just had to read until I was finished. You like serial killers? The Dexter novels are good. Catcher in the Rye was good. Anything by Ray Bradbury. The 2001 trilogy was good. Then on the really light side... anything by J R Rain.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:27:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 10:33:16 PM PDT
Matthew Fish says:
My Lobotomy, although I'm more of a fiction fan...I found this story very interesting and the fact that it is non-fiction makes it all the more strange and terrifying in a way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:00:27 PM PDT
Old Rocker says:
Is that your biography?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:08:57 PM PDT
Matthew Fish says:
Haha...yes. You got me.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:06:05 AM PDT
Boy's Life

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:30:56 AM PDT
Agent 99 says:
I completed Boy's Life last weekend. It was indeed one of the best books I have ever read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:29:11 AM PDT
I'm glad that you enjoyed it, Agent 99! It truly was a great book. : )

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 6:30:54 AM PDT
Psylocide says:
I know I say this every time... but:

Hyperion

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 8:34:03 AM PDT
Chelsea if you are going to read King, you have GOT to read The Stand. It is his best and in my top 10 list.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 9:43:21 PM PDT
Very excited about these new recommendations. Keep them coming!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 3:07:04 PM PST
I read alot of different genres too. The most important aspect of a novel to me is character development. I like for the characters to be so engaging that my thoughts linger on them after I have finished reading the book. Recently, I have had a tough time running across one of those books that I just cant put down.

These are a couple of my latest up all night reads.

Testimony of Two Men: A Novel (Rediscovered Classics)
The Night Circus

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:22:56 PM PST
Linda M. says:
We've got to talk about Kevin. novel narrator is wife to husband.Wish the novel would leave my mind but the issue is current. who/what is the
youthful school shooter/slayer. nature v nurture. Must have a strong stomach coupled with a strong interest in what makes people tick,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:22:20 AM PST
Boatgal, that book was awesome!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:45:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 12, 2012 10:41:04 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:56:21 AM PST
Do you honestly think anyone is going to read this book after it's been thrown in our faces for several days now? Seriously?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:40:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:42:17 AM PST
So it looks like each shill account reviews one book by a known author.

Of course the review says If you liked this book....blahblahblah.

I've had enough. Reported.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:56:00 AM PST
R. Acoya says:
I'm a huge fan of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden books, starting with Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) His most recent, Cold Days, was released 2 days ago.

In a nutshell, Harry is Chicago's only professional wizard, and he works (sort of) with Chicago PD's Karrin Murphy to solve magical crimes.

(This is the only series I purchase three ways: Kindle edition and hard cover, and paperback to loan out. I've had to replace the paperback set 3x now, because the loan-ee didn't want to go out and purchase their own set and so bought them from me.)

I'm not associated with Jim Butcher in any way except to be a huge fan and minor-player financial backer (see paragraph above: I purchase multiple copies of each book) ...just wanted to put that out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:58:11 AM PST
I've such good things about those books, R. Acoya!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:34:38 PM PST
For me, books that were great when I read them at eighteen don't seem so great when I read them at 68. The books didn't change but I did. Sometimes a book that addresses an issue in my life arrives at just the right time. That would be the case with "Crossing to Safety" by Wallace Stegner. I thought, and still think, it's a great book.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions