Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Can I export a book to my husband's tablet so we both have it please?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 5:55:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 12:11:40 AM PST
SM Berryman says:
My husband and I both have our own tablets. Am I able to purchase an ebook for my own tablet and also copy it over to my husband's tablet too please and how would I do it? eg A version of the Bible so we both have it?

Thank you for your help,
Sue

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:31:21 PM PST
Initial post: May 16, 2011 2:14:00 PM PDT
Amazon Community Team says:
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)
Amazon recently created a new community for authors. The `Meet Our Authors' community is designed to give authors a space to engage with one another and promote their latest and greatest works.

With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self promotional posts in other communities. Starting on Monday, May 16th, all "shameless self promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

We invite authors and interested readers to come join the discussion at:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors

We look forward to seeing you!

Reported.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:02:17 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Speaking only for Amazon Kindle Books and assuming that your tablets are running the Amazon Kindle app:

You can't "copy" a Kindle book between devices.

However, if both of your devices are registered to the same Amazon account, the cloud/archive where the book is stored is available to both those devices. You can read the same book at the same time on the separate devices/apps.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:47:39 PM PST
Ditto!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:47:32 AM PST
It's really pretty dishonest to come here pretending to have a question, and then just "happen" to throw in your self-promotional spam.
By all means, read the Bible, you seem ethically-challenged!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:12:09 AM PST
MommaCat says:
Wow. Just wow. Reported .

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:20:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 4:20:50 PM PST
Oh good. Another author to add to my Never Buy Ever list. Thanks!

Oh, and reported.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:44:47 PM PST
Scamp says:
Why has this poster not been back for the "help" sought?? Could it be that this thread was just an excuse to spam?

Nah.

*reported*

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:15:25 PM PST
SM Berryman says:
Hello everyone,
Thank you for your helpful comments. This is the first time I have placed a post and was not aware that I was not supposed to use the "Insert a product link" link in the Message box. I was genuinely looking for help as my husband and I have only just purchased our tablets and I am only learning how all this works. Maybe Amazon could remove the product link box so that others don't inadvertantly get trapped into using it as I have done.

My apologies if I have offended anyone as this was certainly not my intention. I am definitely not a "spammer", just someone new looking for help.

Thank you M Francis for your helpful link. I was not aware of it until your post.

Kind regards,
Sue
(Never too old to learn - even if it means making some mistakes along the way!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:30:03 PM PST
SM Berryman says:
I'm sorry. Please read my explanation in my post below. I'm just a newbie learning the hard way. Thank you for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:31:23 PM PST
If you're looking for help, then post a question. Don't promote your book. That's just tacky.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:48:01 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Your apology will be better accepted once you delete the reference to your book and, in fact, any mention of it from your OP.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:28:08 PM PST
SM Berryman says:
How do I do that please?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:58:50 PM PST
Matt says:
Sue,

Underneath each of your posts, there should be a link that says, "Edit this post". Click on that link for the first post in the thread and edit your post. It's roughly in the same place that posts by others have links "Permalink", "Report abuse", and "Ignore this customer".

The "Insert a product link" button is useful for linking to products under discussion in the post, e.g. linking to the specific product about which you are asking. Using it for self-promotion is tacky and against forum rules. Asking for this useful feature to be removed because you misused it is likely to annoy those of us who make use of it properly. I'm sorry that you are having trouble getting help on the forum. However unintentionally, you are pushing a lot of negative buttons with your comments.

If both devices are registered to the same Amazon account, both you and your husband can access the same books. There are some limitations. For example, many books can only be accessed by six devices from one account. Some books may have lower limits.

Hope this helps---

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 12:35:08 AM PST
SM Berryman says:
Matt,

Thank you so much for your kind help. I have removed the link and now have a better understanding of the button's purpose. As my husband and I have separate Amazon accounts, I now understand we will not be able to each have a copy from the one purchase. That's ok. I was just thinking we could share like a printed book.

I apologise again for pushing so many negative buttons in my ignorance. I have learned a lot in the last few hours.

Thank you again for your help,
Kind regards,
Sue

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 7:47:32 AM PST
Thank you for editing your post.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:31:02 PM PST
You can share like a printed book if you share exactly the same way you would a printed book. In other words give your kindle to the other person.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 3:08:53 PM PST
SM Berryman says:
Thank you. Yes, this is what we will do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions