Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Narrowing down search results

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 6:38:40 PM PST
Is there a way to narrow down search results when browsing kindle books? For example, I was interested in Historical Fiction, & there were over 27,000 books. Can I narrow it down for things like time period or only get books in English? I can see how to sort books by price, etc. That's not what I'm looking for. Also, I'm using an IPad app to read kindle books & browsing books online if that makes a difference. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:24:01 AM PST
G. says:
Hmm, that's funny. I can look up "fantasy" and there are subgenres, but no such thing with what you are looking up. I'm sorry, I tried to find a way to narrow down the historical fiction section; hopefully someone else will come by with some suggestions.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:59:15 AM PST
you could probably use the time period as a search term - so historical fiction +medieval or something like that

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:20:53 AM PST
I. A. Jones says:
If you put a period in like French Revolution it narrows it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 11:07:44 AM PST
MommaCat says:
Try putting something like 16th century historical fiction in the search bar and kindle store where it asks for it.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:15:01 AM PST
Thanks everyone! I'm used to searching for Nook books, which is done a bit differently. (Probably blasphemy here, right ;)?) I'll try typing in a time period in the search box

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 9:14:31 PM PST
Jade Varden says:
Try searching by keywords. Go into books and type medieval, historical and romance, for example.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions