Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

The Anthology of Special Snowflakes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 6:15:15 AM PST
Splinker says:
If you're a writer who has ever made a mistake here, chances are you've been gang binged by the forum regulars. Maybe you deserved it, maybe you didn't. Maybe you even like it, you little twist.

Or maybe, just maybe, you want to tell your side of the story. No, I don't mean why you're right and they are wrong. I mean a story. Like a short story.

That's why I'm volunteering to put together "The Anthology of Special Snowflakes." If you are a maligned writer and want to appear in the anthology, which will be made available as a free download, drop me an email at ibdeader@hotmail.com. Please put "Snowflake" in the subject line and let me know, briefly, how you got on the wrong side of the forum.

I'll be accepting short stories until I feel we have enough.

I will do some light editing when necessary and will not include any stories that have been edited, etc., unless I have your permission.

So, if you really are a special snowflake, jump on the bandwagon. Let's have some fun.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:08:39 AM PST
Splinker says:
Is there a list of BBA anywhere?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:44:15 AM PST
I don't think a free anthology is tempting, Splinker.
"Reeeaduuurs" will just download it en masse then hoard it, like ants.
Or maybe like squirrels stockpiling nuts for the winter.
And that's not counting the ones who will give it a one star review after reading the first page, saying "couldn't finish. Not my thing" or "If Ammy allowed you to give no stars, I would give no stars. I thought this was a book about snowflakes, in particular special ones. Turns out it's a bunch of short stories by disgruntled authors. I reported it to Customer Service for false advertising, but last time I checked the book is still up. Why does Amazon allow this to happen?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:45:42 AM PST
Splinker says:
It has to be free. I'm not going to spend three hours a day cutting forty checks for $2.38.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:48:03 AM PST
Get the snowflakes to sign a contract. In the fine print, make sure you put that you become the owner of all material submitted and get to keep all the money made from the sale of said material.
I sense a new revenue opportunity.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:51:33 AM PST
And just a propos of nothing, I see the gang rape of Peter Mahler is entering its fourth day over on the designated thread.
I begin to grow concerned.
Also weary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:29:39 AM PST
Splinker says:
They do love their sport.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:10:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 11:47:18 AM PST
Miss M says:
No doubt the STGRB brigade are scratching their heads at this one: Splinker = Courtney Milan ?!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:18:35 AM PST
Splinker says:
I shall make them all stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:25:50 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
*snort*

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:21:51 PM PST
But Splinkler, you post more on here than everyone else combined. This makes you <the> forum regular, does it not?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:58:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 2:58:54 PM PST
Especially seeing as technically Splinker is part of the ARM, sorry the alleged ARM.
>>> see sidebar of fame on STGRB...little ol' Splinks is part of the really naughty meanie gang.

ETA alleged really naughty meanie gang

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 3:19:26 PM PST
Splinker says:
I'm like that guy in those carpy vampire movies. A hybrid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 3:19:59 PM PST
Splinker says:
You should be nice to me then. I can be a ringer for ARM if the Ama-Dome challenge is ever answered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 3:38:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 3:39:18 PM PST
ReallY? I might remind you of that offer if the time comes.
Who do you think will step in the ring for STGRB if Ama -Dome does an ARM (alleged) vs Sobbing Sallies STGRB?
Faso
Douthit
Bryant
Brimson
Dismuke
I could go on, but those names will do for now.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:53:14 PM PST
Splinker says:
I think Brimson would pass, citing having better things to do. Does Faso write? And is he really part of STGRB? I was going to issue the challenge on their website, but I can never find it. I only get pages of websites talking about them.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:55:55 PM PST
Splinker says:
I am kind of hoping Ann S. steps up to represent ARM. That would probably be enough to get STGRB into the ring.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:07:27 PM PST
That probably wouldn't happen unless Douthit comes out from under her rock or one of the others decides to come and play with the adults instead of hiding.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:08:32 PM PST
Splinker says:
Is Douthit the person who started STGRB? I have to say, I'm impressed with the amount of publicity those guys get.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:16:06 PM PST
Really? I find it quite worrying that so many people would rather believe gossip and edited posts. It seems so indicatitive of our National Enquirer era.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:23:20 PM PST
Splinker says:
When I told everyone I gave Gen. Patraeus a quick rub at the Army v. Navy game in '08, I couldn't get anyone to listen. But these guys start yapping about a few cranky readers and they're on the front page of Forbes and Huffington.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:38:06 PM PST
Splinker says:
So far, it looks like it's going to be a thin book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:07:00 PM PST
Says a lot about the credibility of both Huffington and Forbes.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:12:04 AM PST
I began to worry when Rick G said Forbes had fallen in his august estimation.
But now that the InQuisition agrees with him, can bankruptcy be far behind? How will Forbes, and even more, the Huffington Post, be able to survive such loss of credibility?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:29:47 AM PST
Now that she's taken down her StopthestopthestopthestoptheSTGRB blog, she should have time on her hands.
But I also hear that it's that time of year again.
Yes, that's right: it's time for tha ancient Australian festival of Osculation of the Rumpus, otherwise known as Butt-Kissing Jambooree, which takes place every year around this time. Ann is agitating to make it a weekly event, she does so enjoy it and thinks it's discriminatory that people aren't granted the privilege of kissing a** more often.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions