Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Dust bin

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2012 9:45:34 AM PDT
Splinker says:
A place where people can kick back, relax, and swap insults with anyone they choose, rather than muck up any of the other threads.

You're welcome.

Posted on May 16, 2012 10:05:20 AM PDT
I used to have a dustbin.

Then the council ate it. I HATE THAT

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 10:13:44 AM PDT
Splinker says:
Politics and Starbucks are ruining this country.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:28:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:28:09 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:20:35 PM PST
G. says:
And you call ME crazy? How many inane posts did you make today Splinker? You aren't going to draw in new readers with your spam.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:37:58 PM PST
Scamp says:
This is one of his past inane posts, G. The lovely B. has been pulling a StarFlake and bumping myriad old posts. I've been opening one after the other. He bumped tons of useless old threads.

And I really think these attempts to destroy the forum really do work. I come here when I can to participate and talk about books with fellow readers ... and then see this carp, e.g. inane threads, posts moved and bumped just to irritate ... and I wonder why I bother.

And I wish you were still around, G., along with some other really nice folks, but wishing doesn't make it happen, does it? Who wants to come to *this* and call it community.

Amazon does nada about it. I guess as long as the limited TOS is not being blatantly broken, nothing can be done.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:58:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 4:59:24 PM PST
Cphe says:
I have to admit - that with the exception of one or two threads on the KBF - I'm actually getting more out of the MOA these days.

Apologies meant to add that there are now quite a few readers I recognise participating at times over there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:59:28 PM PST
G. says:
Thanks Scamp. Sadly, Splinker is in a "self-destroy" mode. He has already made this forum a place where regular readers don't want to post. Now? He will continue to make this forum the laughing-stock of the Zon fora.

Yeah, any and every new post will be about him, because you know, he has a book to sell. This forum USED to be a place where a reader could make a post about a genre or book series they enjoy. NO MORE, because the spam posts are so significant, that it hardly seems worth a reader's effort to post something about {gasp} an actual book.

The trolls that keep on extolling the virtues of an author site that supports an author who victimizes post-adolescent girls? Yeah, another reason why this once thriving site is basically dead.

Sorry for the tirade Scamp. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:08:02 PM PST
Splinker says:
Um. The last time I posted here was August.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:14:18 PM PST
You might want to settle down your "bestus friend".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:16:11 PM PST
Splinker says:
If I could I would.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:20:26 PM PST
G. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:26:37 PM PST
Scamp says:
B.'s been doing this type of stuff for well over a year. He started in the Kindle forum with misogynist, flaming posts, creating useless threads, and generally disrupting conversation.

I have seen that you have made some human connection with him - not to take anything away from that because it is a good thing - but he has done more harm than good as far as the forums go and is unfriendly to most posters, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:37:10 PM PST
G. says:
@Scamp: I feel a connection with him because he is another veteran who has seen some horrible carp. I know it seems weird to a regular poster, but he really has suffered through a couple of military campaigns. Thanks for understanding my regard for him. War tends to change people, and not always in a positive way. My Father was in the Vietnam War. He still suffers from the memories. I respect this.

When B. originally started posting on KF, he and I went head to head, and it was a knock out, drag out fight. After posting with him over the next year or so, I get him. I hate that he keeps on deleting his posts. In the end, B. is pretty "wise". I have no idea why he is dropping bombs and running all of a sudden.

If B. just chills out, and posts, he has some stellar words of wisdom; he tends to sabotage things by posting/deleting. I can't explain it, but it makes me sad, because I think he has a lot to contribute, but chooses to fark himself by the drop and run posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:43:06 PM PST
Are there any particular threads you could link that you're enjoying in MOA?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:48:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:52:41 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:49:17 PM PST
Cphe says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx1JD0HI6R9TCB6

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:50:45 PM PST
Cphe says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx38WPN4Q8ALI0N

And of course Michael J's genre thread - I haven't seen you there for a while

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:52:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:57:27 PM PST
Cphe says:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx10XL9U431FXVU
Edited to add

This thread has some wonderful suggestions particularly
Injured Reserves - I would never have found this - the thread was started in the right spirit.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:05:45 PM PST
Thanks for the links, Cphe!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions