Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

What Books Do You Plan To Read In 2013?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 154 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012 10:06:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 3:06:51 PM PST
I'm excited about all the new releases coming up... but first I have some books buried in my TBR pile that I need to get to. Although there are several, the first 2 that come to mind are:

Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon
Under the Dome by Stephen King

Here's just a few of many 2013 releases that I'm looking forward to:

Shadow Woman: A Novel by Linda Howard (Jan. 1)
A Romantic Suspense

Six Years by Harlan Coben (March 19)
A Mystery Thriller

Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack Series) by Suzanne Wright (April 16)
This is part 2 in a Paranormal Romance series.
Part 1 is: FERAL SINS (The Phoenix Pack)

Please feel free to recommend books that you've read AND books that you plan to read. Books from all genres. Books old & new.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 10:25:32 AM PST
Hi Rebecca. Happy New Year.

I don't have long to wait for The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer. It's supposed to be released on January 15.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:34:21 PM PST
Right now I am reading:
Cold Days: A Novel of the Dresden Files <- Loving it!

And some books I am planning on reading over the next couple of months-
Odd Thomas
The Wolf's Hour (Michael Gallatin)
Stinger
Blackman's Coffin

****Lil Devil: I hope you enjoy the heck out of Swan Song. I loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:42:47 PM PST
G. Have you purchased Odd Thomas yet? The Kindle edition is on sale for $1.99 right now. Not sure how long it will last.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:42:48 PM PST
It's nice to see some McCammon being read. (Swan Song is SOOO good!!!)

I, too, plan to read some McCammon this year. I already have The Night Boat lined up and I probably will also read Stinger at some point. Also, he is supposed to have a novella out sometime in the spring I think, so that's on the list.
I plan to read 14 as well at some point. I've been hearing some decent buzz about it.
I plan on getting to Dennis Lehane's The Given Day. (Since I already read the sequel-Live By Night, I guess I should read the first one!)

(You guys saw that Under the Dome was on sale today, right? Odd Thomas is too!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:49:58 PM PST
Ugh, I just looked at my TBR list. It's up to 448. How did that happen? Last time I checked it was just over 200. Of course I had to add Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack Series) to the list.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:58:53 PM PST
In2books says:
I just added three items to my wishlist you naughty, naughty, people. Don't you realize my budget still hasn't recovered from Christmas? :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:03:18 PM PST
Cphe says:
Nothing immediately springs to mind........so I'll be watching this thread with interest for some recommendations.

I just finished Sword At Sunset and I'm in a bit of a reading low after the heights of this one.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:03:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 1:04:51 PM PST
Great recs everyone! Thank you. I feel like a kid in a candy store. : )

Here's another book I'm excited about:

The Reunited by Shiloh Walker (Feb. 5)
A Romantic (FBI) Mystery/Suspense

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:08:10 PM PST
@FoundQuilting: I just bought it today at the bargain price (I am an avid fan of the "Discounted" thread on the KF); what a deal! ;)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:09:50 PM PST
Cluny says:
Looking forward to Six Years and Suspect

I want to read Louise Penny Inspector Gamache series this coming year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:10:24 PM PST
It just creeps up on you doesn't it? I am in the same boat. I have curtailed my habits so that I can concentrate on what I already have, but darn it, I have poor impulse control when it comes to buying books and if it is an awesome deal, I just have to snatch it up.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:21:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 3:29:10 PM PST
I just checked my TBR pile & right now it stands at 155 books. sheesh
That doesn't include Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz which I just added. Annnnd I'm still going thru everyones recs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:24:00 PM PST
@Charlene: It looks like a really good book, and it is loan-enabled! A lot of great books on the horizon. I am especially looking forward to the new Incryptid novel by Seanan Mcguire in March: Midnight Blue-Light Special: An Incryptid Novel. Woohooo!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:25:02 PM PST
This was a great idea for a thread!
There aren't any big releases next year? Oh wait! There will be a new Stephen King book out,
Joyland. I'll definitely be reading that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:31:38 PM PST
Whoa... a new Stephen King? That's going to be an automatic buy.

At this rate my kindle is going to be busting at the seams. I blame all of you. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:48:02 PM PST
I've been debating whether I should buy it or not. I read all the Odd books pre-Kindle and I don't know if I even have the paperbacks anymore. I'm not much of a re-reader but this is a good price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:55:19 PM PST
New SK in the form of Joyland this year, then next year comes the sequel to The Shining-Doctor Sleep. *Happy Dance*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:56:19 PM PST
I've been considering that myself, FoundQuilting.
I used to read a lot of Dean Koontz, but have since slowed down. Odd Thomas will always have a special place in my heart though-so I've been considering purchasing this all day long. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:00:47 PM PST
I haven't read any Koontz books in years, so never started this series. It gets a lot of great reviews. I totally get now wanting to re-purchase a series; I have wrestled with this myself and tend to end up not getting the same book in e-format. I am cheap I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:09:36 PM PST
I loved The Shining by Stephen King but I'm not sure how I feel about a sequel after all these years. I'll wait to read the reviews & I'll have a 'Look Inside' before I make a decision either way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:12:27 PM PST
Have you read Fear Nothing and Seize the Night?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:41:14 PM PST
Yes I have! I used to love DK, but recently I'm falling out of love a bit. It seems like a formula to me now-good guy, bad guy, great dog. Good guy wins. You know?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:41:59 PM PST
I guess this sequel takes place many years later. Young Danny Torrance is now middle aged Danny Torrance and he is a hospice worker. That's all I know. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:44:11 PM PST
I hear ya. His newer books have not been as good. There are still a lot of his older books that I haven't read yet though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  154
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions