Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Christmas e book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2012 3:29:15 PM PST
KatieeB says:
Can someone recommend a good Christmas book to read? I've seen so many but they're mostly all cutey romance. I'd like to find a nice fiction...any ideas?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 3:41:23 PM PST
Miss M says:
I liked John Grisham's Skipping Christmas: A Novel - it's a bah humbug kind of story about a family fed up with all the stress of Christmas and vowing not to do the usual celebration/hoopla. Very funny for the most part, gets more serious towards the end...I've also heard good things about David Baldacci's Christmas Train but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

If you like English country-house, golden era type mysteries, I'd also recommend Georgette Heyer's Envious Casca (Inspector Hemingway).
And David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice is hysterical.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 3:43:26 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 3:46:56 PM PST
cathyr says:
I understand the temptation to rec your own book on such a thread, but you really aren't supposed to.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 3:48:00 PM PST
If you don't object to Anne Perry, she writes a Christmas historical mystery novella every year. See: An Anne Perry Christmas: Two Holiday Novels (The Christmas Stories).

You're right - a lot of the Christmas theme books are romances. I like these two:

Winter Solstice
a redbird Christmas

They aren't quite as "romance-y" as the stuff by Debbie Macomber, etc.

I am also a big fan of Dicken's Christmas Carol and Dylan Thomas's A Child's Christmas in Wales. The former is more of a novella, and the latter is really a short story, but it's awesome.

Good luck!

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 3:50:12 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Being that I have the OP on ignore for shilling, I'm not surprised that a shill rec would show up. Coincidence?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 3:51:48 PM PST
But we can still talk about Dylan Thomas, right? Because he was the chit.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:01:11 AM PST
Esse says:
You can maybe give The Stupidest Angel (v2.0) (Pine Cove) a try!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:35:14 PM PST
Megumi says:
Recently read and quite enjoyed Yearly Harvest Not for everyone but I liked the characters and found it an intriguing idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 2:14:52 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 15, 2012 4:43:34 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 2:22:11 PM PST
D. Jones says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:26:39 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
reported

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:27:07 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
reported

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:39:54 PM PST
Neaklaus says:
"The Christmas Chronicles" by Tim Slover or "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus" by L.Frank Baum. If you like a mystery you might want to try " A Wee Christmas Mystery" by Kaitlyn Dunnett.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:11:39 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 21, 2012 7:53:50 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:13:35 AM PST
STOP SPAMMING YOUR BOOK!

This is why I gave up on the KBF. Thought I'd give it another go, but nope, still the same old spam. Yawn.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:20:09 AM PST
Initial post: May 16, 2011 4:46:41 PM PDT
Amazon Community Team says:
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)
Amazon recently created a new community for authors. The `Meet Our Authors' community is designed to give authors a space to engage with one another and promote their latest and greatest works.

With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self promotional posts in other communities. Starting on Monday, May 16th, all "shameless self promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

We invite authors and interested readers to come join the discussion at:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors

We look forward to seeing you!
Reply to this post

Reported.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:31:01 PM PST
A Different Kind of Christmas is not available on kindle, but it is worth the read. I read every few years during the holidays.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:53:38 PM PST
dusty says:
My favorite so far - Claus, Legend of the fat man. No romance, but really great fiction. Did you know that Santa and Jack Frost were twins?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions