Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Price Set by Publisher

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 1:46:02 PM PST
Sam Dutton says:
Fall of Giants: Book One of the Century Trilogy this E Book lists for $9.95 and was a outstanding read. After finishing it, I so much wanted to get the next in the trilogy Winter of the World: Book Two of the Century Trilogy, however, the publisher set the price for this E Book at $19.95! Double the price of book one of the trilogy. What a rip off!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:26:24 PM PST
Contact Penguin publishing. http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/aboutus/contactus.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:16:29 AM PST
King Al says:
Actually, the first book was also priced at $19.99 for a long time (for well over 6 months after it was released.) If you wait a while, the price on this one will also fall.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:15:26 PM PST
IIRC the price on Fall of Giants came down less than a month before the second one was released because that is when I bought it

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:00:27 PM PST
What's kind of sick about the whole pricing thing, for at least a week after release, "Winter of the World" was only 20p on the Amazon.uk site...It was a price-match to Sony, but still annoying as hell to us 'other customers.'

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:01:19 AM PST
And, as long as sales are strong the price will stay up. Don't buy the book until the price comes down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:58:58 AM PST
Sam Dutton says:
Thanks. I wasn't aware that book 1 was originally $19.95. I will wait.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:09:19 AM PST
A. Walker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions