Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

How to transfer books from Cloud Reader to my actual Kindle???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 140 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2011 3:02:17 PM PST
P. Larkin says:
I've ordered 3 books over the past couple of weeks. They are available when I look at my account on the computer under Cloud Reader. However they are not on my actual Kindle even though I have repeatedly synchronised and checked for new items. Please can anyone help me on this???

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 3:12:51 PM PST
AmeliaAT says:
For some reason, you are defaulting to sending your books to the cloud, which is unusual. You need to change your default device to your Kindle.

To get your books on your Kindle now, there's two ways to do it.

First, from your Kindle, click your "archives." There you will see all the books that are in your cloud. Click a book, and it will download (you have to be connected via wifi to do this).

Second, you can go to your "Manage Your Kindle" page (link is at the bottom of any Amazon page) and click "actions," then "deliver to my" and choose your Kindle.

You can also do "download and transfer via usb," but that's slightly more complicated.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:12:03 AM PDT
Nate Parker says:
Kindle screen says: "USB Drive Mode" Is there a way to get to 'Archives' from here? The tiny green light makes me think it's charged but I don't know how to change the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 5:22:05 PM PST
C. Kagoo says:
I am having the same problem. I tried the second option but it did not work. With the first option I could not find the "Archives" on my device. Can anyone please help me with this? Or is the third option my only option? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 7:48:53 PM PST
You probably have inadvertently created more than one amazon account, and are looking at the wrong one. You need to log out, then log back in to the correct account, and chech Manage Your Kindle. Ten you need to de-register your Kindle and re-register it to the correct account v

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 8:40:08 PM PST
jules75 says:
Thanks for the helpful tip!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 1:25:06 PM PST
In this case it could actually be a glitch that's happening on the Amazon server. A number of books have suddenly switched from being available to all Kindles to only being available on the Cloud Reader and iPad. Here's another thread about it.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx3CNVBBPOHAMIP

Posted on May 31, 2013 8:43:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 6, 2013 6:03:44 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 5:28:03 PM PDT
That's the problem: books belong to a particular account. If you started a new account, you lose access to the previous books.
You need to be sure that all your kindles and reading apps are registered to the correct account, that's where the boos are!

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 8:17:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 21, 2013 8:32:21 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 8:21:36 AM PDT
I had the exact same thing happen and it had nothing to do with an extra account and I had not defaulted to deliver to the cloud. All it took was a troubleshooting by completely shutting down and rebooting my device as shown here. As soon as it turned back on everything starting downloading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_kspot_trouble?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013 11:34:43 PM PST
Wow. I am really sorry I started the whole Kindle thing! I could have written a book in the time this all takes. What a clumsy, clumsy useless system. Who has time for all this nonsense?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2013 7:05:08 AM PST
Do you want to see if anyone can help you with whatever your problem is, or do you just want to whine?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2013 6:23:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2013 6:24:57 AM PST
Dr. Goosen, There are millions of Kindle users all over the world who don't find the Kindle system to be clumsy or useless at all.

There's plenty of help available from other customers on this forum or by clicking the yellow "Contact Us" button on the right side of this page to speak with Kindle Support, but nobody can help you without knowing what your problem is.

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 8:46:03 AM PST
Agreed. The startup info is lame and the tech support after you own it and want to use it is also lame. Amazon making a ton of money but after the sale...............????

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2013 3:30:44 PM PST
Again, do you have an actual problem you would like help with? If so, I suggest you post on the Kindle Help Forum.
Click "Help" at the top of the page, then look under Customer Support Forums.

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 1:26:50 PM PST
P. Sass says:
Once on my kindle, can I move items back to the cloud storage? We have very little space to travel with and would like to save and swap out books and videos/ movies.

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:51:09 AM PST
When a "free" book is available, the only choice available on the Amazon account is "download to kindle cloud"...if there is any way to get it to default to any other place I would do it. Once it goes to the kindle cloud, there seems no way to down load it. Easy to load from kindle TO cloud, but from cloud to kindle seems impossible. I am "off the grid" most of time and there is no way to get to the "cloud" way out in the woods. Therefore the books are in a magical place that I cannot use where I am all the time. I read about a book a day and cannot afford to buy a lot of books and the weight of hard copies makes them a bad choice. Love Kindle, but want books to load.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2014 7:53:45 AM PST
amazon ONLY has a default "send to Kindle Cloud" for free books

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 6:57:41 PM PST
Dee says:
Can U create a mobile hot spot from ur cell to download? There are apps 4 that & newer phones it's built in option. Kindle cloud is used for storage so u sb able to download ur books (free or not) in any wi-fi hot spot, w/ur cell likely being most secure. I do this all the time w no problem in last few months.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 7:15:08 PM PST
That is so not true Hank. Any book I buy, paid or free, goes automatically to my default Kindle (first one alphabetically) unless I choose to send it to a different Kindle. I've been buying free books for over 4 years and have never been forced to send it to the Kindle Cloud.

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 8:44:56 PM PST
Dee says:
To: P. Sass : the cloud is meant for media storage, including purchased books (free or not), music, apps, movies etc. So, yes, put things in the cloud to save room on kindle, u have 5g 4 storage, I think. You can purchase more & it's not that expensive. You download them to ur designated device when u need them. Believe me, I've returned items to the cloud & they are always there when I go back for them. I bring them back & forth with no problems. When an book or app is in the cloud, it will "not" have a check in the box on it (under the cloud tab on it kindle). Having over 6500 books, I have to do that, but keep in mind, if you have a newer kindle, you do need that Wi-Fi to do it esp anything streaming like movies. I've had my kindle for over a year & used my cell b4 that. Don't be afraid of the cloud. , It's just off-site storage that's yours. Just don't delete anything in the cloud that u want to keep else you'll have to repurchase it. I've backed up my kindle too my computer too just in case, lol. There is a general forum you can look they for answers to this & more (how to get more space). I have a kindle fire book that may be loanable 4 u to read. Just let me know. If not lendable, there are new ones that pop up all the time so keep an eye out for free guides. Good luck & have fun. Dee

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 2:24:36 PM PST
Robert Burns says:
It's very disappointing how complicated Amazon makes the whole kindle process. Far more complicated then it needs to be and only that adds to the complications many younger people have when simply trying to buy a digital book

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 3:19:38 PM PST
Robert Burns says:
It's very disappointing how complicated Amazon makes the whole kindle process. Far more complicated then it needs to be and only that adds to the complications many younger people have when simply trying to buy a digital book

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 12:40:27 AM PST
Jerry C says:
@Robert Burns: What is complicated? I use the "one click" option to buy books and I lierally click one time on one button to purchase a book I am looking at if I decide to buy it. What are the steps you have to take when you buy one yourself? If you describe them, someone here might be able to help you streamline the process.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  140
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2011
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions