Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Transfer my Kindle books to my iPad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2010 6:12:35 AM PDT
I have enjoyed my Kindle for a couple years. I have several books. Recently I received a new iPad. I'd like to transfer those books to my iPad. Is this possible? Otherwise, can I transfer them to my lap top? I'd like to then gift my Kindle to my granddaughter. Thanks...

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 6:47:39 AM PDT
DRS says:
I bought an IPad for my wife yesterday. Just install the kindle app on the IPad, register your IPad with Amazon from the app and select archived items and you're good to go.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2010 7:52:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2010 7:52:45 AM PDT
Mark Twain says:
Yes you can download your Kindle books to your iPad with the Kindle application in the Apple App store. The books will be on both devices. The app will synch your place in the book if you switch between devices. You can select which books you want to download.

I had problems navigating the application and finding my books once they were downloaded. I confused directions about the Home button of the app with the Home button of the iPad. There is a Home button at the bottom of the screen of the app (Showing: Home/Showing: Archive) that will list your downloaded books.

Email Kindle support with questions - kindle-cs-support@amazon.com

If your primary use of the iPad will be reading, check out the experience before you give it away. You may want to consider keeping the Kindle and gift the iPad. The Kindle is less eyestrain and easier to navigate for books. And your granddaughter will have more fun with the iPad games. (Or get the Kindle DX for yourself - they just dropped the price.)

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 11:15:03 AM PST
I downloaded books just fine but my Time and New Yorker subscriptions would not transfer to the IPAD

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 11:16:31 AM PST
I downloaded books just fine but my Time and New Yorker subscriptions would not transfer to the IPAD

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 11:21:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2011 11:22:16 AM PST
Yes, the subscriptions are device specific. You may be able to use your MYK page to change the device, or you may need to cancel the subscription & resubscribe to the iPad app. Not sure.

You may just want to cancel the kindle NYT subscription & DL the NYT app & subscribe direct from the website. Not sure about pricing, but the format on the iPad is, IMO, way better than the kindle format.

ETA: Sorry, ignore the part about the NYT. I got confused.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 6:40:38 AM PST
cindywebster says:
Kindle is in my husbands name and the Ipad in mine...can we share books?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2011 8:50:12 AM PST
yes. on your ipad go to the app store download the kindle app and use his account. then download the books from that account.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 7:06:05 PM PDT
I have downloaded a book to Kindle Cloud but need to transfer to my exisiting Kindle Ipad how can I do this?

?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 7:56:08 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
As long as you downloaded the book to Kindle Cloud on the same account as your IPad Kindle App is registered to, you can just choose "archived items" and the book should be there.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:05:54 AM PST
Paul Garvey says:
Can I transfer videos from kindle fire to iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:53:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 11:54:11 AM PST
King Al says:
That depends where you got them. If you purchased them from Amazon, then you can install the Instant Video app.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:02:48 PM PST
Can I hook up my Kindle to watch movies on my television?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 12:03:43 PM PST
Can I hook up my Kindle to watch movies on my television?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:39:02 PM PST
It depends on which Fire you have.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:37:39 PM PST
Your question has nothing to do with the title of this 2yr old thread

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 7:08:38 PM PDT
I have books on my original kindle that I want to transfer to my kindle fire. The books were free from the internet. The books I bought from Amazon are on both devices. Is there a way to transfer the "free books" from my first kindle to my fire? Thanks for any help.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2013 9:29:24 AM PST
FCSoccerMom says:
I've tried to download books from my Amazon account to my iPad but the books won't download completely to my iPad? Am I missing something?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013 2:06:17 PM PST
I suggest you try posting in the Kindle Help Forum

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 7:01:08 AM PDT
I have purchased a new iPad air and successfully downloaded majority of books, but none of my text books came through. If they were purchased from the book depositary instead of amazon, is that likely to be a problem? Any suggestions please.
Why only the expensive medical textbooks not downloaded. ( had all on old iPad)

Posted on May 25, 2014 8:59:26 AM PDT
petite 1 says:
I have downloaded the Kindle app to my iPad, now I want to transfer the books from my Kindle to the iPad and give my Kindle to my son-in-law. What do I do next?

Posted on May 25, 2014 8:47:12 PM PDT
First, register the iPad kindle app to the amazon account used to buy your books. The books should show up in the Cloud tab. It's not necessary to download them all at once, just as you need them will work better.
Second, on the old kindle, select restore to factory defaults to wipe it clean to give away.

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 2:05:57 PM PDT
E. C. toomey says:
can I transfer books from my ipad kindle app to my kindle device?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2014 2:23:50 PM PDT
You don't transfer content between devices. Register the Kindle to the same Amazon account as the iPad. Do a sync. The titles of the compatible content will appear under the archive/cloud. Click/tap a title and it will download. There may be some books, like textbooks, that are not compatible with the Kindle, and those titles won't appear.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2014 5:33:10 AM PDT
E. C. toomey says:
thank you so much, it worked perfectly! I find it much easier to read on my kindle rather than the ipad..thanks again. have a nice weekend...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions