Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

charging kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 7:10:59 PM PST
massel says:
Just recieved my 5th replacement kindle. First four had same problem with charging issues. This kindle is obviously a reconditioned kindle(screen already has scratches on it) This is is amazon's last chance with me. Next purchase will be an IPad.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:45:08 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Thanks for sharing.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 3:18:00 AM PST
Don't wait. Get an IPad right now.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:23:55 AM PST
I. A. Jones says:
What type of issue are you having? And shouldn't this post be in the regular Kindle forum and not in the Kindle Books forum.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 7:08:55 AM PST
I have a Kindle and the battery charger keeps malfunctioning. I have taken it apart and followed online instructins on adding a new battery. There was a spall piece pf plastic that holds the internal charger plug in on the Kindle. I put the piece back in straight and then it works fine for a few weeks. I definately would not recommend this product unless they change the charger proplems. It is bad when you have to turn and move the charger to make good contact.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 2:44:33 PM PST
G. says:
Are you talking about the kindle Fire, or the regular kindle reader? I ask because I just got a new kindle Fire because the battery port was loose and would not charge. My K2 (regular reader) is old enough that the battery isn't holding a charge, so I spent like 20 dollars and replaced it myself and it is good as new.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 3:37:24 PM PST
I have had problems with my Kindle2 and charging. I had the one I received last Christmas replaced in April and the replacement seemed to be new. and the only problem I felt was not exactly with the charger but the other different charging cords The original charger that was packaged with the original Kindle Fire was way too short and almost impossible to use the Fire and charge at the same time. I purchased a few inexpensive chargers for the Fire. I began to think that the chargers were breaking. I bought a couple of better chargers and plug them in very carefully and the charging seems to be going smoothly.

Good news is that I received the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 for Christmas and when I plug it in, it seems to have a stronger fit. :)

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 4:13:58 PM PST
Let's see, he doesn't want to tell us what the product is and he took it apart to add a new battery, following instructions from someone other than Kindle, and now it doesn't work. Go figure.

I'm guessing it's a Fire.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions