Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Books that work better in print vs kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 4:48:22 PM PST
John says:
I love reading on my kindle but I've noticed some books read better in prints form. They have pictures that don't translate well to the kindle etc. For example, I read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and the footnotes were all at the end of the book instead of at the bottom of the page like the book intended. It annoyed me so much that I had to buy the printed book. What are some books that you guys read that for whatever reason worked better in print, rather than on your kindle. Thanks

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 4:56:44 PM PST
Captain says:
Most Ansel Adams books.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:13:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 7:17:46 PM PST
Holly says:
I tried to read A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One by George R. R. Martin on my Kindle (library download, fortunately) and gave up. I ended up buying a paper copy and it worked much better. In this case, there were so many characters (with strange names) and family relationships that I needed to continue referencing in the back of the book. The paper book allowed me to go back and forth much more easily.

ETA: Still LOVE my Kindle and prefer it over print 99.9% of the time!

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:34:31 PM PST
Scamp says:
Cookbooks for one. Also any in-depth histories with footnotes. It's not user-friendly to use footnotes on either of my Kindles. (I have e-readers, no Fire.)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 8:21:17 PM PST
KathyC says:
I've had a KK for 2.5 years. I prefer the printed version of reference books. Cookbooks, as Scamp pointed out, craft pattern books, and most any other book that I'd normally flip through rather than read from start to finish.

I got a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, and am still getting to know it. I will probably try one of the above type books on the Fire and see how I like it.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 9:59:17 PM PST
M. Kean says:
I can't imagine reading House of Leaves on a kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 7:00:06 AM PST
I've been told that, M. Kean. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 7:11:31 PM PST
I agree about books with illustrations (e.g., "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" [which, to be honest, I didn't care for anyway] or "The Monsters of Templeton". Although the KK is better for illustrations than the original Kindle, on which I read "TMoT", was, and I imagine the Paperwhite is better still.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:28:43 AM PST
I do not know how students can study purchasing their books on kindle.

As for other books, I do not think I would want the Bible on kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 5:47:40 AM PST
You know what, James? I thought I was the only one who really wasn't impressed with that book. I did like the pictures though, they were the best part. : )
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions