Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Cheap/free books (please add titles)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2012 6:48:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 1:33:40 AM PDT
Louise Wise says:
Apologises to those who wanted to add titles to this thread, but I've deleted my post.

It seems that some people aren't content with rushing after people who aren't following Amazon's rules and regs, they have to tell us how and where to post now too.

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:08:59 AM PDT
Devotions For The Anxious

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:14:54 AM PDT
Dance gal says:
The Secret Trinity: Unearth (Fae-Witch Trilogy, Book 1)

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:15:01 AM PDT
Phoenix Rising, by Previn Hudetz

A good and useful heart, by Aric Davis

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:32:14 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 6, 2012 7:39:59 AM PDT]

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:35:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 6, 2012 1:57:58 PM PDT]

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:48:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 6, 2012 10:57:02 AM PDT]

Posted on May 6, 2012 9:12:58 AM PDT
Last Tango in Buenos Aires

Last Tango is free this weekend until Midnight Sunday (U.S.Time) - A love story travelogue exploring relationships between independent women and lusty Latinos. It's set in various locations all over Argentina so a bit of a travelogue also - Great holiday and cultural read

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:14:15 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
Kind of a weird thread...have you looked at Amazon's top 100? There's also a MOA (meet our authors) thread if you want the authors themselves to talk about themselves.

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:21:18 AM PDT
Self promotion is not allowed here.

If you want free books go to ereaderiq.com.

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:33:54 AM PDT
Author says:
Self promotion is INDEED allowed here. It's done by the mean girls who like to see their names on the forum, chastising others.

Give a little person a little power and they go a little crazy. That's what we see here. I wish they would all go out and buy radar guns and drive around with them in traffic instead, so that the people with radar detectors would SLOW DOWN. That would actually be something USEFUL that a self-appointed vigilante could do for the world.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:38:11 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 6, 2012 10:39:10 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:59:27 AM PDT
Louise Wise says:
Who's self-promoting, Anna?

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 11:19:41 AM PDT
Kate McVaugh

Tracy Johnson

If you go to ereaderiq.com you'll find tons of free ebooks. Also, BooksOnTheKnob.org has free books daily. I use it all the time.

If you go to the Kindle forum there is a daily free books thread, too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 12:38:05 PM PDT
Louise Wise says:
Anna - Trouble is that means more websites for me to register and get used to. I want the ease of Amazon. It's easy to ignore self-promoting, but not so easy to ignore the arguments that erupt because of people trying to police it.

If you don't like this thread, just don't open it. And, I'm sure you won't, but please don't bring your clique here to ridicule posters.

I will edit my OP to tell people not to self-promote.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 3:19:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 3:20:19 PM PDT
MommaCat says:
Her clique? I'm not part of her 'clique'. But I think what you're doing is wrong.
Louise...do you expect people to come in here and give you books?
ereader has over 3000 new free books every day. Amazon lists their top 100 in every genre. How lazy are you?

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 3:47:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 4:25:55 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 3:58:52 PM PDT
I agree with both you and MommaCat. There are so many places to find free books that are easy and require very little time and don't invite author self promotion. I don't really know why she doesn't make use of what's already there, unless she wants authors to self promote.

As far as cliques, it's pretty weird that you become part of one if you agree with someone.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 4:04:27 PM PDT
I'm not in charge of what other posters do. Contrary to what you seem to believe, I don't have a clique. These threads are not hidden so just because someone I might know posts here doesn't mean I have "brought" them here.

There are plenty of places you can find free books if you really want to without having to register. You've been given good suggestions. There's no reason you can't use them like everyone else.

Posted on May 6, 2012 5:11:43 PM PDT
Louise Wise says:
And here we go again...

Another thread dies.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 5:53:46 PM PDT
Morgan says:
An Angry Drum Echoed: Mary Musgrove, Queen of the Creeks
Check out the award winning historical novel, "An Angry Drum Echoed," by Pamela Bauer Mueller. It is free in Kindle from 5/7-5/9.

Posted on May 26, 2012 6:17:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 26, 2012 11:29:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 10:34:48 AM PDT
Aerin says:
Hey Momma! I just came n here, but if the OP is an invitation to authors to come and talk about their new or free books, I fail to see the problem. Not interested? Don't read this thread. But the original post made it fairly clear that authors were welcome. This is NOT a discussion thread which can be hijacked by self-promoting authors; it's a thread specifically FOR the hijackers! What's the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 10:37:43 AM PDT
Aerin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 10:43:11 AM PDT
Aerin says:
Hi again Anna: I agree that this is an invitation to authors to self promote. That is unacceptable on discussion threads but why does it bother you on a thread that is openly and clearly inviting it? If there are people who want to read authors' self promotion and authors who want to write self promoting comments, why cannot they do so in peace. I follow a number of threads where others object to what is being said (remember Hating on Ms. Hamilton?) If we are free to enjoy our thread why shouldn't others be free to enjoy theirs?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  May 6, 2012
Latest post:  May 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions