Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Beaut ifully Behaving Authors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 188 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 2:07:57 PM PDT
I think I'd feel isolated, betrayed and abandoned now if my posts didn't get at least a couple of down votes.

And motivated to get out there and annoy people again...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 2:55:54 PM PDT
I don't know if that's really true. There is a poster in another forum, not an author, who consistently gets 6 downvotes, no matters what thread or what she says.

There are threads I post in where every post is voted 0 of 1 day in, day out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 2:57:56 PM PDT
The castle is The Strum and Drang Rantastle.

It's from the Rant thread in the Kindle forum. The old thread got locked when we reached 10,000 posts, so we moved into a castle. ;)

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 2:58:08 PM PDT
Splinker says:
I get one dv for each letter in my name.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 2:58:47 PM PDT
I don't know if there's anything that you can do about the DVFs. I mostly pretend they're not there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 3:01:21 PM PDT
I find them akin to a visit from an old, and faintly smelly friend, whom you wish you'd losy contact with years ago...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 3:05:43 PM PDT
Haha!

The ones who down vote me are actually close friends from an alien planet where everything is the opposite of here. When they agree with me, they vote no, because to them, no means yes.

I've tried to explain to them that what they are doing is wrong, but their feelings get hurt very easily. Plus, their method of comforting me is opposite, so it doesn't do to encourage too much of it. Kind of dangerous, you know?

Of course, any yes votes I get are from highly intelligent people who know brilliance when they read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 3:30:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 3:32:20 PM PDT
@Ellen: I have NO CLUE why people would down-vote postive posts? It is very sad, and I would say a bit counter-productive. I think I am pretty much used to the fact that people who are unhappy or who have a grudge, will down-vote just because they can.

ETA:word.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 5:03:20 PM PDT
Cphe says:
I saw on another thread where someone thought the DVF's were perhaps computer generated.

If it is true you would wonder why anyone would go to the trouble.

But it could explain why there seems to be neither rhyme no reason to them in some cases

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 5:09:03 PM PDT
@Cphe: I truly think it is a group of disgruntled individuals . I don't think they are computer generated, but generated by sad, lonely individuals who have nothing better to do then downvote. Very sad indeed. Wouldn't want to be them ;).

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 8:55:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 8:57:59 AM PDT
Apologies cos I've mentioned this in another forum, but there's nothing makes me more interested in a post than seeing it's been down-voted and hidden - a bit like having a sign that says 'do not touch this'! Sometimes I deliberately downvote my own posts to try to make them seem a bit more interesting!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 8:58:15 AM PDT
If you agree with me, James, you won't need to downvote yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 9:13:11 AM PDT
Splinker says:
Then you must be my biggest fan :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 11:00:40 AM PDT
I hate those buttons for the same reason. If a post really doesn't add to the discussion people will know it.

I assume you were kidding about down voting your own posts since you can't really do that.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 11:26:48 PM PDT
I just checked - you're right! My buttons have dropped off! How embarrassing! Sudden thought - who've I been downvoting! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 11:29:15 PM PDT
Haha! Don't look over your shoulder. ;)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 12:05:08 AM PDT
Frank Mundo says:
I like MaryG. I don't know if she has any books, but she writes a lot of poems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:37:44 AM PDT
Andie says:
I didn't know Marcus was an author! Add Marcus to the list!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:46:22 AM PDT
Marion Stein says:
Thank you, Charlene.
Ian Frazer (not to be confused with the more well-known Ian Frazier) gets my vote. He exhibited great grace and charm when baited. Haven't noticed him around lately.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:56:58 AM PDT
Jim Webster says:
Perhaps he's had enough of being baited?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:58:07 AM PDT
Hi Marion! He's popped in here and there.
You're right about him though, quite right.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 7:16:27 AM PDT
Ian pretty much abandoned Kindle Fora when MOA was created. Too bad. He was intelligent, wrote good posts, could be quite funny. A little prickly sometimes, but what the heck? Still see an occasional post, and I wish he'd post more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 7:29:49 AM PDT
Me too, Jimmy. Now, more than ever we need reasonable (and actually GOOD) writers around. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 7:50:24 AM PDT
Step forward, the Splinker...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 7:54:52 AM PDT
Jim Webster says:
I was going to say, I got the impression that writers weren't welcome except on MOA
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  188
Initial post:  May 21, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions