Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Welcome to "Virtual Hogwarts"!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 753 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2012 6:36:23 PM PDT
After browsing the recent threads in the kindle book forum, I notice several participants expressing interest in the world of Harry Potter.

Since the books have finally made it to Kindle, why not start a social thread devoted to the goings-on at Hogwarts? We can talk about the books, take the quiz to see where the Sorting Hat would have placed us, and maybe even challenge one another with trivia questions.

I hope you'll come and join us at "Virtual Hogwarts"! To take the quiz, follow this link:
http://www.quotev.com/quiz/1509962/What-Hogwarts-House-are-you-Pottermore-questions/ :-)

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:17:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 7:19:38 PM PDT
Rick G says:
One of my pet peeves was always why couldn't JK Rowling have added just one Slytherin who wasn't a jerk...just one. Did they all have to be a bunch of d***ks?
Spoilers...
And no Malfoy doesn't count because he was one for six and 3/4 books. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:17:55 PM PDT
Do you associate with beings who have only read the first book?

It was good, but I don't plan on reading any of the others. Does this mean you'll turn me into a hog? or a wart?

Should I get out while the getting's good?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:20:25 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
But Anna ... the first one wasn't even the best one!

*sigh* We'll associate with you, but you might have to sit at the Muggle table. Careful about the coffee table book ... it bites.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:20:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 7:21:31 PM PDT
I took the test and I'm solidly Gryffindor with 7 of 11. Then 2 Slytherin and one each for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. I haven't reread them since they came out but my son left them home so they're still there on the book shelves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:21:31 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Okay, I'm in. A Ravenclaw, apparently. Much better than a Slytherin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:21:42 PM PDT
Haha! There are days I feel a bit like a Muggle, and I don't even know what that is!

*Anna sits at Muggle table, eyeing the coffee table book suspiciously.*

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:22:42 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
*psst* It likes to be stroked along the spine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:23:44 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Yeah. I always thought that would have added to it -- one Slytherin who stood up for something against the rest of the house.

She tried to make up for it a bit in the epilogue, but ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:23:50 PM PDT
Before I start stroking answer one question: Is it hungry?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:29:54 PM PDT
I'm not surprised I'm a Gryffindor but I always kind of liked the Ravenclaws. The Hufflepuffs are a bit too fluffy bunny for me. I always liked Luna.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:30:44 PM PDT
Rick G says:
Let us never speak of the epilogue. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:33:15 PM PDT
I agree. Slytherin had some admirable qualities but it seems to have attracted those who took the dark side of that path. I don't think the Sorting Hat quite approved Of Slytherin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 7:39:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 7:40:55 PM PDT
In2books says:
Can I join Anna at the Muggie table? My name is In2Books and I've never read or watched HP.... Is there any hope for me?

ETA see, I can't even type the language!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 8:09:21 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
LOL. I didn't hate the epilogue...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 8:10:31 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
What? What is wrong with ...

Oh, sorry. *Ahem* Yes, there is still room at the Muggle table. Would you like some jelly beans?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 8:15:16 PM PDT
In2books says:
Sure, just no black ones *shudder*. I assume the muggle table is like being in time out??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 8:18:27 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Just as an FYI -- the black ones are probably a lot safer than the puce-colored ones. ;)

Muggles are non-magical humans. So, I suppose at the Muggle table, black jelly beans are the least of your worries. (And I agree, *shudder*. Why? Why would there be THAT flavor in with the other lovely flavors?)

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 8:34:26 PM PDT
Brent Butler says:
Gryffindor narrowly beat out Hufflepuff for me, 5 to 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 9:35:08 PM PDT
I'm Ravenclaw too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 9:48:59 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Yay for another Ravenclaw! :) How shall we decorate the dorm?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 1:36:27 AM PDT
Hi Archer. Great idea for a thread.

Well, I'm a bit disappointed, because I took the quiz and it told me I'd be in Hufflepuff. Obviously I *wanted* to be in Gryffindor. But H. only just beat G. to get me, so I'll have to be content with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 1:40:38 AM PDT
I was a fairly late convert to HP, Anna, so I wouldn't worry too much. My partner-at-the-time took me to see the first film - she's a primary school teacher so was *very* clued up about it - and she was worried that I had hated it. But I immediately went out and bought Books 2 & 3 (the only ones out at the time) and devoured them in a day, before eventually going back to read the first one.

That isn't to say that I don't feel they are massively flawed in many ways, and could have done with some serious editing!

So there is hope for you yet.

Hmm, I'm thinking that was probably a Hufflepuff type answer ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 2:03:49 AM PDT
But, Marcus...the Sorting Hat takes your choice into account. So, if you REALLY wanted to be in Gryffindor, that's where it would have put you!

One thing that occurred to me is that, had you taken the quiz when you were eleven, your answers might have been a bit more "Gryffindorish".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 2:08:00 AM PDT
I think you're right about that, Archer. Being somewhat older and wiser, I made certain choices that weren't perhaps as foolhardy as a Gryffindor should be. Too cautious, that's what comes of ageing ... I could *see* the answers that were needed to get into Gryffindor, but I gave my answers honestly.

Still, it was a close thing, because my answers came out as:

Hufflepuff 4
Gryffindor 3
Ravenclaw 3
Slytherin 1

(11 questions - is that right? Maybe it was Ravenclaw 2)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  753
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions