Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Stuff I see for sale on Amazon that just blows my mind!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2012 2:46:04 PM PDT
P. S. Wright says:
Ok, we've all stumbled across something on Amazon's book pages that made us stop and say, WHAT? Whether it's just incredibly bad, funny, weird, illegal, unethical, confusing, or immoral, those brief moments make me want to holler over my shoulder for someone else to take a look. I'm betting I'm not the only one.

So this is my over the shoulder today. I was checking out tags (trying to find out how many things shared certain tags with my work of supreme excellence) and I discovered this little gem under "riot". It is rightly tagged riot. The thing is, I don't think it's entirely legal. And it's a bit... well, you be the judge. Operator And Organizational Maintenance Manual DISPERSER, RIOT CONTROL AGENT, PORTABLE, M3 (TM 3-1040-214-12)

Yes, that'a a real, outdated, US Army Technical Manual for a tear gas grenade delivery system. Now that info is not Classified. That's not the odd thing. The odd thing is, it isn't legal to keep those manuals and then SELL them for your personal gain. They're govt property and are supposed to be destroyed when no longer needed.

But no, even that's not what made me say WHAT. After all, I probably have a few old manuals laying around the house getting moldy that no one cares about. But I never in a million years would have thought to put them online... and charge people $20! Come on now. They're free online all over the place. You didn't write or publish it. You own it, most likely, because it was issued to your unit and you took it home and kept it. That doesn't really make it yours.

Why would anyone pay $20 for an outdated, but not historically valuable, technical manual?! So that's my WHAT for today. I'm sure I'll find others tomorrow.

Now that I've shared mine, care to share one of your WHAT? experiences with someone else? Post it here.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 3:29:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 3:31:36 PM PDT
One of the things that I came across on Amazon was this book and the hilarious reviews it has. I've shared this before but maybe some of the newer folks may not have seen it. Moon People

I don't know how things like that get started, but when I come across one it really tickles me. I'm easily amused I guess. : )
ETA- Even now these reviews are killing me. ROFL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 3:41:46 PM PDT
MommaCat says:
Charlene: WTH WAS that?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 4:02:25 PM PDT
P. S. Wright says:
That is awesome! I love people with a good sense of humor. BTW, do ya think that reviewer ever learned how to moon people?

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 4:47:10 PM PDT
ROFL P.S.! I still think it's as funny as all get out. : )

Momma, isn't it funny? Some people are so creative.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 4:54:29 PM PDT
G. says:
@Charlene: Thanks for pointing out the Moon People reviews. Holy carp, it doesn't get much more amusing. :)

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 5:00:07 PM PDT
I can't even look at that anymore, I'm laughing so hard.
"Of the books I've read, this is certainly one of them" or "its won 4 the ages?" LMAO

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 5:19:53 AM PDT
Not seen that one before, it's hysterical. I'm now giggling uncontrollably in the office.

And this one on Ammy's UK site has always made me laugh.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Creme/dp/B000KKNQBK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1343996193&sr=8-12

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 5:25:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2012 5:26:23 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
Amazon has a page for weird stuff.. well, a list that someone made..

http://www.amazon.com/Amazons-Weirdest-Stuff/lm/R3BRCEPWWADDQN

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 5:45:44 AM PDT
Frank Tuttle says:
OMG.

Moon People

A serious rival to Birth Control is Sinful in the Christian Marriages and also Robbing God of Priesthood Children!!

Amazon should bundle these.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 6:08:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2012 6:10:38 AM PDT
Bruins Gal, OMG that is funny! LOL

I like the male reviewer who said something like "I'm not entirely sure but I think after using this product it is at least 11 times more painful than childbirth". LMAO

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 6:10:23 AM PDT
LOL Frank, they should!

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 6:26:13 AM PDT
Frank Tuttle says:
Check out the reviews for this book:

Wild Animus: A Novel

Not a single fan among them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 6:53:24 AM PDT
Hard to put to the test though, eh?!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 6:56:21 AM PDT
HA! Yeah, a bit hard. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 7:00:40 AM PDT
Wow, those reviews make me feel badly for the author.
Wow. Just wow.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 7:15:05 AM PDT
Oh, Moon People, an unbelieavable....piece.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 7:19:29 AM PDT
oh my sweet lord that' s so freaking funny!

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 9:02:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2012 9:04:13 AM PDT
BethW says:
Another classic for reviews- The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee
And another must have product Uranium Ore

eta and let us not forget Wenger 16999 Swiss Army Knife Giant

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 9:10:34 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
This one has a few funny reviews..

Nuclear Energy (Landolt-Börnstein: Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology - New Series / Advanced Materials and Technologies)

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 9:23:24 AM PDT
NAMCO Tank! Tank! Tank! Motion Cabinet Battle Arcade Game

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 9:32:00 AM PDT
I noticed that the author was in Miami during "Muriel flotilla of refugees from Cuba in the early seventies." I wonder if that has anything to do with the Mariel boatlift in 1980?

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 9:34:51 AM PDT
Paule Bailey says:
Thanks Bruins Gal for the link to the reviews for Veet. I laughed so hard I wet myself. Now I remember why I married a Brit. It is the sense of humour along with the good education that means no spelling or grammatical errors. The other links were good but Veet was superb.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 10:06:57 AM PDT
Grey Rocker, that one looks like a lot of fun. But the price, WOW! : )

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 12:28:10 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
But you get FREE shipping!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Aug 2, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions