Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

New Nook came out today..... so I guess its game over for you all.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 27, 2012 2:26:47 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:27:43 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:29:00 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:29:22 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:44:23 PM PDT
Whatever.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:45:37 PM PDT
Alidai says:
Yes, it's game over because the new nook has all the same features the older Kindle's have.......wow......really??

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 2:46:35 PM PDT
not the new glow feature

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:51:33 PM PDT
Alidai says:
Yes, because clip on lights or lighted covers doesn't exist, do they?
Go troll somewhere else please

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 2:56:32 PM PDT
We love our kindle fire! The nook glow looks nice, too, but so far Amazon customer service and Amazon's interface has resulted in more purchases from us than Barnes and Noble. I am sure both are great devices, though, and everyone is bound to buy the e-reader that as the features that will suit them best personally :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 2:57:21 PM PDT
You are so polite Alidai. I would say, please post this on the regular kindle forum you very sad trolls, and see what happens :).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 5:13:08 PM PDT
Brent Butler says:
He did. It wasn't pretty.

Evidently I'm simple. I put a book on a Kindle with eInk. I select it. I read it. I never knew I needed any other "feature". Nooks are for ADD sufferers, is that what I'm missing? Of course, when Barnes and Noble complete their corporate failure, I'll be glad my ereader came from a company which is still in business.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 5:25:20 PM PDT
Nancy Bout says:
I own a kindle keyboard... nook touch... and kindle. Fire! ! J prefer. Everything about the kindle
much more!!! Love Amazon ebioks and prices :)

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 6:06:04 PM PDT
Sirena says:
To ©ookie Monster: [<<so I guess its game over for you all>>]
The Kindle has apostrophes. ;-P

To ©ookie Monster:<<mmmhmmm>>
and to Mayor Mccheese:<<Ya thats y I never bought a kindle>>
The formatting on the Kindle doesn't have these problems.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 9:35:58 PM PDT
Why are Nook readers posting on the Amazon threads? Doesn't B&N have something similiar? I wouldn't dream of infringing in a B&N thread or blog - I don't have enough time to get all the info here at Amazon.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 12:05:01 AM PDT
Yeah, the game is over, just like every other time a Nook was released and killed the Kindle. Oh wait...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 9:52:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012 9:53:22 AM PDT
Alidai says:
Politeness is my middle name :-)
But for now, I'm leaving, feeding trolls isn't on my to-do list today :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 12:24:01 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
I know -- it's strange and infantile.

If I went to the Nook forum, I'd ask relevant questions about the Nook, not slam it because it's not a Kindle. Sheesh. Some people must remain about 12 years old their entire lives. Sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 1:20:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012 1:21:17 PM PDT
I have a weird, not very admirable, desire to do so, then think twice about it later. Troll-feeder regret. Sigh. ;)

ETA a word.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 3:06:39 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 4:11:58 PM PDT
Alas, not good enough to vacuum.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 4:21:11 PM PDT
Ya'll have so much time on your hands, this is amazing! Is this all you do when you have free time?? I READ MY KINDLE and LOVE IT. JMHO.....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 4:41:27 PM PDT
You apparently had enough time to read this discussion instead of reading your Kindle. For shame!

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 4:50:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012 4:51:31 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
Oh, I agree. 100%. It's game over. We should all throw our millions of Kindles into the trash bin. Yep.

*rolls eyes*

ETC number error. ;-)

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 5:38:14 PM PDT
Have you ever looked at the B&N "Book Clubs?" zzzzzz

Hours can go by between new posts in a thread or discussion area.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 5:43:56 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
I actually find the B&N site kind of peculiar to navigate, but I think it's just because I'm so used to this one.

I was thinking about getting one of the Nooks you can get for free with a one-year subscription to the New York Times on the Nook. It sounds like a pretty good deal. But then I'd have to get other content for it, and I'm happy with my Kindle, basically. For the few times when I want to read an ePub (and I don't/can't convert it), I just use a reader app.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Apr 27, 2012
Latest post:  May 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions