Customer Discussions > Kindle Book forum

Recommendations for Supernatural/Paranormal thrillers please - No Authors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2012 5:38:15 AM PDT
Jedi says:
Jedi says:
I am looking for recommendations in this genre please, the reviews are just off putting as some love the book and some hate the book. It is also clear some reviewers have never even read the book.
I loved the Repairman Jack series as well as Patient Zero and The Dragon Factory. I just read Child of Fire and I must say I did not enjoy it quite as much as I thought I would. The protaganists just didn't do it for me. The following have also been recommended, please let me know what you think - also taking price into consideration as I read a lot!
1 Sandman Slim $9.59
2 The Devil you know (Felix Castor) $7.99
3 Hard Days' Knight (Black Knight Chornicles) $2.99
4 The Fixer (A Lawson Vampire Novel) $3.99
5 The King of Plagues $11.68

Preferably no simpering romance attached please!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:10:19 AM PDT
Jedi says:
For the many enthralled with this thread, I have picked up two more recommendations. Dead Eye: Pennies for the Ferryman and Demonspawn - has anyone read these?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:22:51 AM PDT
Dead Eye: Pennies for the Ferryman looks insteresting. I seem to do better when I look for books on amazon for myself. I have found hundreds of books to download and read. I got into zombie books recently and am now ready to move on...actually I can't find any more I want to read. I'm suppose to be reading the Vampire Bride as someone asked me to read it and review...so I should do that...Personally I did not care for The Lord of the Rings books. Those are always strongly recommended.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:30:55 AM PDT
Jedi says:
You don't mention whether you read Patient Zero, if not it is definitely the best Zombie book I have read. I did read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and actually enjoyed them although I found the descriptions carried on a bit much for me. Really enjoyed the movies though!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:48:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 10:49:27 AM PDT
If you like zombie fiction, I just finished reading "Zone One" and really liked it, although reviews definitely seem mixed on how "thrilling" readers found it. You might enjoy "The Passage" for the apocalyptic vampire/zombie action, although it's part one of a trilogy and so is liable to end up costing you rather a lot if you decide you like it. :-)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:59:07 AM PDT
Stone Lover, by A. C. Warneke. It has a gargoyle as the Hero. It is unusual and just so, so, so good! All of the reviews for it so far have been 5 star reviews.
Stone Lover (Stone Passion #1)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:20:32 AM PDT
I highly recommend "Grave's End: A True Ghost Story" by Elaine Mercado. A chilling story about the author's haunted Brooklyn home.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 11:43:56 AM PDT
If you liked Patient Zero and the Dragon Factory I would HIGHLY recommend the Pine Deep trilogy by the same author, Jonathan Maberry. I would also recommend Dead of Night: A Zombie Novel which is another zombie novel Maberry wrote.
The trilogy starts with Ghost Road Blues.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle Book forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle Book forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions